Why some Russians hate COH2 [BadComedian]

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
2 Aug 2013, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 14:25 PMDoc

good one

dont read forum - write immediately

the same question to you:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/6111/why-some-russians-hate-coh2-badcomedian/post/60682

Gorbachev admited that in 1990. But after Smolensk plane crash in 2010 with Polish President on board, topic have been rised again and your goverment admitet again that Katyn Masacre was ordered by Stalin. Vladimir Putin was Chairman of the Government then and Dmitry Medvedev President.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 14:26 PMBreak

Our government is accused in Nazi Germany and was The International Military Tribunal for Germany
In the news talking about it?

As I wrote above. Russia admited to this crime when Vladimir Putin was Chairman of the Government then and Dmitry Medvedev President. So stop living in deny and look at facts. They came from Russian goverment. If that proof is not enough to you, then nothing will be I'm affraid.
Doc
2 Aug 2013, 14:36 PM

Bro, please be more sly. Why do you think they are not closing the topic yet? They are just waiting for us to go rogue or mad, or to be provoked by Russofobes, so they could take advantage of us and display us as barbarians once again. :)
Be smarter, bro. They are our enemies, you must expect anything from these lot.
P.S. By enemies I mean Relich entertainment

i'll just tell 1 more thing

authors told that the game is not full of propaganda and so on

but the main points are all at the and like:

1. all truth in Isakovich diary
2. the last quote - "all our efforts lead to another tyranny"

What is this? Another Cold war round - "Better dead than red"

If authors want propagandistic myths - fine - let them admit it.
But dont talk about historical authenticity - because its a lie.

But they don't have balls even to admit it.
2 Aug 2013, 14:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

historical accuracy and authenticity are 2 different things.

especially when you use them in context of what relic was actually saying.
2 Aug 2013, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 14:36 PMDoc

2. the last quote - "all our efforts lead to another tyranny"

Hmmm....Doc (or anyone else) what is your opinion on the experiences of those living in Eastern/Central Europe before, during and after World War 2?
Doc
2 Aug 2013, 14:43 PM

Gorbachev admited that in 1990. But after Smolensk plane crash in 2010 with Polish President on board, topic have been rised again and your goverment admitet again that Katyn Masacre was ordered by Stalin. Vladimir Putin was Chairman of the Government then and Dmitry Medvedev President.

Aha.

OK

So you dont believe Nuremberg committy, dont believe western experts, dont believe historians, dont believe historical documents, and crime investigators but believe politicians - Gorbachev, Yakovlev, Putin, Medvedev.

Aha.

Point taken.

Maybe for the future.
Doc
2 Aug 2013, 14:44 PM

Hmmm....Doc (or anyone else) what is your opinion on the experiences of those living in Eastern/Central Europe before, during and after World War 2?

specify question
2 Aug 2013, 14:45 PM

As I wrote above. Russia admited to this crime when Vladimir Putin was Chairman of the Government then and Dmitry Medvedev President. So stop living in deny and look at facts. They came from Russian goverment. If that proof is not enough to you, then nothing will be I'm affraid.

Dude, do you realize that all your Katyn bashing is useless. Even if we suppose that your sources are right and Soviets did that massacre at Katyn, it all took place in 1940 - according to your sources. Whereas Nazi invaded USSR on June 22nd 1941, almost two years later.
So, this atrocities have as much in common with USSR-Nazi Germany war, as 11th September, or Hiroshima bombs or Dresden.
The topic is called Why Russians hate CoH 2, not "Why Russians do not accept some of their atrocities". And I really ask the moderators to ban people posting this off-topic here for spamming, just like Relich-Noun bans us in Steam for stating our opinion.
Thank you.
2 Aug 2013, 14:45 PM

ok, even if we assume that the sources are right, according to them Katyn massacre took place in 1940. The war between Nazi Germany and Soviets has started June 22 1941, almost 2 years later. How in the hell does Katyn than relate to the Eastern front?
And yeah, you know, this already makes Katyn thread unrelated to the topic we discuss here - the WW2 from the East front perspective.
The topic was not called "Why do Russians not accept their atrocities". It's called Why Russians Hate CoH2.
Besides, there was not reference to the Katyn in the game itself. Which means that even though in my opinion script writers are arrogant and ignorant people, they still had some leftovers of common sense to distinguish between the pre-war crimes and war crimes
But you, my friend, have my personal congratulations. All of you who put Katyn in CoH 2 discussions are even more ignorant and illiterate.

Russia invaded Poland with Germany in 1939. They were allies then. Russia was in control of Katyn and Smolensk at that time.

I was only replaying to people who still don't know that Katyn Masacre was done by Stalins order. I'm not the person who brough this topic to this thread nor I'm trying to say it is in any way revelant to original topic about CoH2.
2 Aug 2013, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 14:44 PMDoc

specify question

Hmm I thought I had....but ok. Was life for those living in Eastern/Central Europe more free/independant after the Soviet Union won?
2 Aug 2013, 14:53 PM

Russia invaded Poland with Germany in 1939. They were allies then. Russia was in control of Katyn and Smolensk at that time.

I was only replaying to people who still don't know that Katyn Masacre was done by Stalins order. I'm not the person who brough this topic to this thread nor I'm trying to say it is in any way revelant to original topic about CoH2.

Ok, I will try to write this as clear an simple so even a kid can understand.
Company of Heroes 2. War between Nazi and USSR. Game is war. War bad. People killed. Started 22 June 1941.
Your version of Katyn. Soviets shoot hundreds of thousands of innocent Polish in 1940. 1940 is less than 1941. Looks like 1940 was earlier, before Soviet-Germany war and many kills.
Company of Heroes 2. Game about Soviet-Germany war. 1941. Hmm, me be smart, me knows Katyn was before. Katyn was even before the USSR war started. Hmmm... Strange...
In WW2 Soviet had no war with Poland. Soviet had war with Nazi Germany. Which started in 1941, but your Katyn happened in 1940.

2 Aug 2013, 14:54 PM

Dude, do you realize that all your Katyn bashing is useless. Even if we suppose that your sources are right and Soviets did that massacre at Katyn, it all took place in 1940 - according to your sources. Whereas Nazi invaded USSR on June 22nd 1941, almost two years later.
So, this atrocities have as much in common with USSR-Nazi Germany war, as 11th September, or Hiroshima bombs or Dresden.
The topic is called Why Russians hate CoH 2, not "Why Russians do not accept some of their atrocities". And I really ask the moderators to ban people posting this off-topic here for spamming, just like Relich-Noun bans us in Steam for stating our opinion.
Thank you.

Freedom!

As I posted before, this offtopic was addressed to Russians who still thinks Katyn Masacre was not ordered by Stalin. It was not an argument in this discussion.

To keep you calm and fuzy I will add I agree that CoH2 campaing focus too much on grim and bad and too less about heroism and bravery. And I can see why Russians are offended by CoH2 campaign.

Ok, I will try to write this as clear an simple so even a kid can understand.
Company of Heroes 2. War between Nazi and USSR. Game is war. War bad. People killed. Started 22 June 1941.
Your version of Katyn. Soviets shoot hundreds of thousands of innocent Polish in 1940. 1940 is less than 1941. Looks like 1940 was earlier, before Soviet-Germany war and many kills.
Company of Heroes 2. Game about Soviet-Germany war. 1941. Hmm, me be smart, me knows Katyn was before. Katyn was even before the USSR war started. Hmmm... Strange...
In WW2 Soviet had no war with Poland. Soviet had war with Nazi Germany. Which started in 1941, but your Katyn happened in 1940.

Is this understandable and comprehendable to you? Because no offense, I see some people do not understand when I speak to them in normal language, it happens and I don't blame them or their parents for that. Happens.

Maybe you did not read my last post to the end so here is quote from it: "I was only replaying to people who still don't know that Katyn Masacre was done by Stalins order. I'm not the person who brough this topic to this thread nor I'm trying to say it is in any way revelant to original topic about CoH2."

By the way, I see some dramatic talents in your pen, did you think about writing or somethin? You will have bright future in that business my friend!;)
2 Aug 2013, 14:54 PM

Hmm I thought I had....but ok. Was life for those living in Eastern/Central Europe more free/independant after the Soviet Union won?

I can not say how the life was for them, but according to Hitler's plans NO LIFE was waiting for them after the war had the Germany won. Surprised you do not know about Eastern plan and untermenschen fate.
Doc
2 Aug 2013, 14:58 PM

Comparing to what?

Nazi Germany? Pilsudsky government? Mussolini Italy? Cherchills GB for indian people? Japanese in US conc camps?

This question needs to be specified?

Whats "free" - free from what? Independent from what?

2 Aug 2013, 15:00 PM

I can not say how the life was for them, but according to Hitler's plans NO LIFE was waiting for them after the war had the Germany won. Surprised you do not know about Eastern plan and untermenschen fate.

Agreed! Thankfully it only ever was a plan and was never made into reality. Nevertheless if you can not say how life was for the Eastern/Central Europeans after the war (who came under the influence of the UUSR) and either can I, then we are unable to comment on the campaigns ending quote - "all our efforts lead to another tyranny"

It may (or not) be true.
2 Aug 2013, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 14:58 PMDoc

Comparing to what?

Nazi Germany? Pilsudsky government? Mussolini Italy? Cherchills GB for indian people? Japanese in US conc camps?

This question needs to be specified?

Whats "free" - free from what? Independent from what?

Ok then....this is all in reference to complaints on the tyranny quote just for reference. We can all agree on what tyranny means. To the Ancient Greeks a tyrant was any absolute ruler. However since the days of the Roman emperors the term is now used to describe a type of absolute rule, namely one who is called a despot and uses terror/fear (think Nero or Caligula).

So we can agree on what tyranny is...we must ask ourselves, when the German occupiers were removed by the USSR in Eastern/Central Europe, was it a situation were one form of tyranny was merely replaced by another?

2 Aug 2013, 15:12 PM

Russia invaded Poland with Germany in 1939.

You forgot about Poland invasion of Russian Belarus and Ukraine in 1919 contrary to the Curzon line, which was the official border of the Soviet Russia at that time.

They were allies then.

No, they weren't allies. Or they were the same allies as Poles were - because Poland also had a treaty with Germany - German-Polish non-aggression pact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German%E2%80%93Polish_Non-Aggression_Pact

I was only replaying to people who still don't know that Katyn Masacre was done by Stalins order.

The contrary opinion (that massacre was done by nazis) was proven by international commission. The fact that some politicians, like Gorbachev and Medvedev, prefer to betray their nation and oppose the truth, doesn't change anything.
2 Aug 2013, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 14:43 PMDoc

Aha.

OK

So you dont believe Nuremberg committy, dont believe western experts, dont believe historians, dont believe historical documents, and crime investigators but believe politicians - Gorbachev, Yakovlev, Putin, Medvedev.

Aha.

Point taken.

Maybe for the future.

o_O

Are you for real? ;)
Wow, amazing.

So why did they admited to this crime? It was not something you can be proud about? ;)
2 Aug 2013, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 13:26 PMDoc

Maybe personally by Dr. Goebbels? He of course simply can't lie!!!!!
Did you ever hear about information war? About "propaganda"!?
You're so naive! So innocent and pure!

Poor and naive Don Quixote on internet - fighting with trillion dollar brainwashing machine of mass-media assisted by applied history "science" is... you know - hopeless.
And this discussion is completely useless.
Western propaganda and applied history looks much more consistent, therefore convincing to it's target. In last hundred years western propaganda machine only made two hard turns in making public opinion toward Russia. In 1941 and in 1945. Older people, who remember that time feel confusion about this fact. But, you know, it's so efficient that people do not pay much attention.
I may recall other recent episodes of hard turns in western propaganda - German Nazi and Italian Fascists, South African apartheid, Iraq, Iran, Afghan and Arab terrorists/rebels and even recent great Ukrainian democracy (which is now turned to be no so "great" :-)
General public does not give a s...t. They gladly eat it!
Democracy, Communism, Totalitarianism and other cliches are only a tools of brainwashing.
Russo phobia as a subject of western propaganda will stay forever, because it is a matter of geopolitics. At least as long as Russia will exist in one piece. Proof? As we can see, pieces of Russia (or other used to be "evil" eastern European nations) may enjoy great publicity as long as they keep their client states status.
In this info-war any means are acceptable. False interpretations, muting historical parallels, fabrications and list goes on.
Individuals of Russian descent, flied from country (especially, those inherently lacking loyalty to the country of residency) is knowingly bad source of historical "truth" as they are subject of extremely biased.
(Any criminal police officer will tell you, that eyewitnesses is generally very unreliable source. To the topic - "enhanced interrogation technics", commonly used by developed nations today, is also very wrong when you want quality information)
Being biased by definition, they will fabricate whatever what may proof their bid on "victim" status. Especially if this will pays their bills. Other stupid nations did put so much effort in hopes to get some "compensations" from Russia, which will fix their ruined economy and budget. Notably, arguing with Poles is completely worthless, because they suck russophobia with mother's milk. Simply because Poland loses to Russia their chance to become Eastern European Empire. (May be because their well known arrogance and ignorant behavior is clearly was too damn wrong for the role). Modern Russian (so called) "elite" together with "creacls" are well contribute to this campaign and broadcast negative view on whole Russian history thru all mass-media channels including "opposition". Amazingly (for such dictatorship state) most of (under mythical oppression) opposition outlets are payed by government owned GASPROM company. Also major programming on Russian TV channel making me laugh, when I hear about Evil Kremlin Propaganda. (It is evil indeed! But only question is - to whom?) So, I wonder, how come that other opinion even exists in Russia. Truly, in last decades Russians had a bunch of a very good reasons to develop immunity to propaganda and to seek for other then official interpretation, questioning anything we've been told.
2 Aug 2013, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 14:41 PMWiFiDi

historical accuracy and authenticity are 2 different things.

especially when you use them in context of what relic was actually saying.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/authenticity
The quality or condition of being authentic, trustworthy, or genuine.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/authentic
1. Conforming to fact and therefore worthy of trust, reliance, or belief: an authentic account by an eyewitness.
2. Having a claimed and verifiable origin or authorship; not counterfeit or copied: an authentic medieval sword.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/accuracy
1. Conformity to fact.
2. Precision; exactness.
3. The ability of a measurement to match the actual value of the quantity being measured.

Keep on dreaming, babe.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight