Login

russian armor

Teamgame dominant meta

PAGES (31)down
9 May 2017, 21:40 PM

People who think they made this thread to gather feedback are just kidding themselves. They already have their own agenda and nothing stated here is going to change it. A few select group of individuals who have small biases to their factions are now in control and will change the game to their own like. Sad but true.

If they REALLY wanted community feedback there would be a poll in place to see what everyone thought. I requested a poll twice and MrSmith ignored it both times. He's not obligated to but his silence speaks for itself. Time to pick up your opinions and go home. The games already decided without you.
9 May 2017, 21:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Asking the community as a whole about balance is generally a bad idea, poll or not. The number of highly biased or simply bad players far exceeds those that know what they're talking about. A thread like this basically just kicks the hornets nest.
9 May 2017, 22:49 PM

Budwise keeping it 2real.
9 May 2017, 23:01 PM

Rank is entirely relevant. It's a reflection of knowledge and experience. It's also a pretty good reflection of actual interest in balance.

Yes this is true, but it's not what should be focused on. There are too many downies in here poo-pooing because rank isn't amazing.
If a doctor says "You have diabetes, you need a lifestyle change" and a fortune teller who sells chocolate says "nah, you need more chocolate", you take the doctor's opinion.

Rank is going to be less relevant in a mode where you only consist of 25% of the (maybe random) team, obviously this is different for single player.

If a doctor told you that you have diabetes you don't just take his word for it, you go get blood tests to confirm it. If someone presents an idea it should be evaluated for its merits and validity. There really has been lots of good ideas floated here and it would be super if we had some feed back on some of the better ones...

Things

Probably true =( But it would be nice to know if any thing said changed or added to the agenda presented at the start of the thread.

It'd be really nice to know if any of the map rotations or community maps will be looked at.
9 May 2017, 23:06 PM

Asking the community as a whole about balance is generally a bad idea, poll or not. The number of highly biased or simply bad players far exceeds those that know what they're talking about. A thread like this basically just kicks the hornets nest.

I agree with you. I just find it amusing that it's phrased in a way that makes everyone feel their opinion is considered and matters when in reality only a few ppl are making the decisions here. It's like a rigged election :p
9 May 2017, 23:23 PM

I am so tired of your posts, you contribute nothing to the discussion, you only put effort into derailing it. You had no knowledgable insight into teamplay balance, you only try to discourage others from making a change. I'm guessing you're scared that the game will become harder for you if they nerf some of the op axis strats. I have one request, stop posting if you dont want to contribute any valuable information on the topic.

I held the number 1 spot for 4v4 AT for a long time, and if I remember correctly we had somewhere in the neighborhood of 128 games won straight, even longer for top 2-3. Just because I stopped playing 4v4 doesn't mean I don't know how it is. And that was the days when it was extreamly competitive still. 2v2 is my main area now and I often flirt with being top 50-75. So yes I do know how team games are As well as some insite on balance. I also know that 95% of the games played in 4v4 was against completely lost noobs. It became so much of a problem I was tired from coming home from work to just waste my time beating morons all day. Maybe 1 game a day was against a good team due to them having communication meaning AT, a well developed and adjustable strat, and awareness to detail. I also know that a lot of those people who my team stomped on in 15 min are the ones who come on the forums and bitch. So yea my post is helpful in pointing that out.
9 May 2017, 23:45 PM

Adding a voice chat option to team game formats would surely help to the quality of the challenge for everybody.

Many games introduced it with success.

Unless a miracle, it won't be a patch till fall, so we gonna have to live with the game as it is... So no need to resort to that elitist nonsense.
10 May 2017, 00:03 AM

Unless a miracle, it won't be a patch till fall, so we gonna have to live with the game as it is... So no need to resort to that elitist nonsense.
Thank you, someone who will throw some respect into this topic. It's fine to be confident in your skill but it's no excuse to look your nose down to others. Honestly, I think we'd have more players, maybe even skilled players yet undiscovered, willing to try multiplayer more if people weren't so hostile to each other.

Take a page off of HelpingHans, there's a player people can admire and respect! :)
10 May 2017, 02:02 AM

People who think they made this thread to gather feedback are just kidding themselves. They already have their own agenda and nothing stated here is going to change it. A few select group of individuals who have small biases to their factions are now in control and will change the game to their own like. Sad but true.

If they REALLY wanted community feedback there would be a poll in place to see what everyone thought. I requested a poll twice and MrSmith ignored it both times. He's not obligated to but his silence speaks for itself. Time to pick up your opinions and go home. The games already decided without you.

This. 100x this

Mr. Smith probably just wanted to be able to say that he asked for people's opinion before he nerfs the Calliope into the ground. He'll nerf it to where it is at least as vulnerable as the Walking Stuka, then nerf the alpha strike so that it doesn't wipe anything, and lastly will nerf the Priest so that it isn't an "obvious" choice between it and the newly worthless Calliope.

Meanwhile, the top 250 arranged team 2v2 Axis have a 75% win rate, while top allies are still winning about 50% of the time, so the "balance" team still is not done re-accommodating balance.

Relic probably views the patches as a success because they fixed a lot of bugs, didn't create any new ones (AFAIK), and roughly the same number of people are playing. It's really late in the product cycle for COH2 so they have to be happy to have an unpaid group working on it. If people don't like where they take it, the choices are to either put up with it or go somewhere else.
10 May 2017, 02:59 AM

I held the number 1 spot for 4v4 AT for a long time, and if I remember correctly we had somewhere in the neighborhood of 128 games won straight, even longer for top 2-3. Just because I stopped playing 4v4 doesn't mean I don't know how it is. And that was the days when it was extreamly competitive still. 2v2 is my main area now and I often flirt with being top 50-75. So yes I do know how team games are As well as some insite on balance. I also know that 95% of the games played in 4v4 was against completely lost noobs. It became so much of a problem I was tired from coming home from work to just waste my time beating morons all day. Maybe 1 game a day was against a good team due to them having communication meaning AT, a well developed and adjustable strat, and awareness to detail. I also know that a lot of those people who my team stomped on in 15 min are the ones who come on the forums and bitch. So yea my post is helpful in pointing that out.

You're getting hostility because you're an 90% win rate, Axis-only and all of your suggestions would just turn 90% into 100%.

PS - Saw in the shout box that you were thinking about naming your daughter Eva Braun. Even if joking, that's still kind of creepy.
10 May 2017, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2017, 02:59 AMGrumpy

You're getting hostility because you're an 90% win rate, Axis-only and all of your suggestions would just turn 90% into 100%.

PS - Saw in the shout box that you were thinking about naming your daughter Eva Braun. Even if joking, that's still kind of creepy.

I'll always repeat myself, look at all my previous comments, most I mean that most of the topics I comment on are clearly op and have been nerfed. So most of what I say is obvious. For example now, I claim sim city not fun/OP. As well as calliope. Am I bias for saying it's op or are you biased for saying it's not. Please and I mean it, I welcome anyone to look at all my previous post. What I say is Op has been nerfed or is widely known is OP. So I'm not some nonsenced biased axis fanboy who is blind to the cause.

P.S. don't know what my kid is yet it's way to early to tell, and I was joking about the name thing glad someone caught on. Part of the axis fanboy bs that goes around. Tho unlike others I admit it. I let my rank do the talking..
10 May 2017, 03:47 AM

I'll always repeat myself, look at all my previous comments, most I mean that most of the topics I comment on are clearly op and have been nerfed. So most of what I say is obvious. For example now, I claim sim city not fun/OP. As well as calliope. Am I bias for saying it's op or are you biased for saying it's not. Please and I mean it, I welcome anyone to look at all my previous post. What I say is Op has been nerfed or is widely known is OP. So I'm not some nonsenced biased axis fanboy who is blind to the cause.

P.S. don't know what my kid is yet it's way to early to tell, and I was joking about the name thing glad someone caught on. Part of the axis fanboy bs that goes around. Tho unlike others I admit it. I let my rank do the talking..

Using the fact that a lot of stuff that you wanted nerfed did get nerfed loses its credibility when the ending balance is as bad as this patch is. Look at the AT win rates in your favorite mode. Some of the units probably needed a little nerf, but not what they got.

Sim city isn't fun, but it isn't OP really, at least in 4v4. It usually just means a 40 minute game against someone who would normally lose in 15-20. If you disagree, please post a replay where you've lost to sim city.
10 May 2017, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2017, 03:47 AMGrumpy

Using the fact that a lot of stuff that you wanted nerfed did get nerfed loses its credibility when the ending balance is as bad as this patch is. Look at the AT win rates in your favorite mode. Some of the units probably needed a little nerf, but not what they got.

Sim city isn't fun, but it isn't OP really, at least in 4v4. It usually just means a 40 minute game against someone who would normally lose in 15-20. If you disagree, please post a replay where you've lost to sim city.

As bad as this patch is? These last few patches has been the best this game has seen? What planet are you on right now? Sim city is going to receive a nerf or a change at the very least. And your saying I'm losing credibility by being correct on the nerfs I called out for? Wtf I was right yet I'm wrong to your eyes? Balance mods are community/stats feed back bro, from some of the best players in the game. Your making a fool of yourself right now
10 May 2017, 12:10 PM

As bad as this patch is? These last few patches has been the best this game has seen? What planet are you on right now? Sim city is going to receive a nerf or a change at the very least. And your saying I'm losing credibility by being correct on the nerfs I called out for? Wtf I was right yet I'm wrong to your eyes? Balance mods are community/stats feed back bro, from some of the best players in the game. Your making a fool of yourself right now

Relax, then reread my post.
10 May 2017, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2017, 12:10 PMGrumpy

Relax, then reread my post.

My reply is the same, if anything now I'm a bit annoyed.
10 May 2017, 14:23 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Although there are some ideas are better than nothing. Relic has a different idea from us players
(Insatiable users of patches and patches).

I think it would be better to have a [Unofficial] balance patch, with all changues in a mod, maybe other time for commanders, but with a free scope. Obviously with time (I think we'll have plenty of time for it) and collecting feedbacks.

This are we need for optimum balancing!!... and present it relic and allow us to implement it in 2 or 3 patchs (or whatever), and estimated time.

Present a schedule of x patches. This way we remove that ideology of "These guys just want patchs".

Competitive Edition Version 3.35 was a evidence of it, spent months playing with it, even made tournaments using it.

Someone would take the initiative because relic will not have it. Although months of waiting without patches and empty news, has diminished the initiative of the people.

Regards.
10 May 2017, 14:54 PM

Adding a voice chat option to team game formats would surely help to the quality of the challenge for everybody.

Of all your suggestions, this has to be the worst. That is saying something.
10 May 2017, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2017, 14:23 PMcapiqua
Although there are some ideas are better than nothing. Relic has a different idea from us players
(Insatiable users of patches and patches).

I think it would be better to have a [Unofficial] balance patch, with all changues in a mod, maybe other time for commanders, but with a free scope. Obviously with time (I think we'll have plenty of time for it) and collecting feedbacks.

This are we need for optimum balancing!!... and present it relic and allow us to implement it in 2 or 3 patchs (or whatever), and estimated time.

Present a schedule of x patches. This way we remove that ideology of "These guys just want patchs".

Competitive Edition Version 3.35 was a evidence of it, spent months playing with it, even made tournaments using it.

Someone would take the initiative because relic will not have it. Although months of waiting without patches and empty news, has diminished the initiative of the people.

Regards.

While you can always try out individual ideas with balance mods and get good results out of it (e.g,, "Hmmmh.. how do we tweak Conscripts") getting a collection of changes off the ground is very difficult. There are simply not many people playing mod games to begin with. People start looking for mod games only when:
- The live version has stopped updating for sometime
- Live version meta feels way too restrictive
- There's a focal point (e.g., not 10243253 mods to choose from)

Miragefla did an amazing job with his mod, revitalising units/abilities when possible and trying to kick off some synergy where there was none. At the same time, Miragefla's mod came at a time when Relic had "restructured" their coh2-maintainers, and the future of the game looked uncertain. Miragefla's mod was also the only such mod in existence at the time (Cruzz's kappa mod had not been updated by millenia at sometime)

Even then, you will have trouble arranging games for anything higher than 1v1 and maybe 2v2. Thus, even if we made those ideas into a mod, we would never attract enough audience to trial them.

We could, maybe, try to make an 1v1-oriented mod to try out some ideas where meta feels very restrictive (especially call-in meta, Sov Lend-lease vs OKW Special Operations). However, to go beyond that would lead to a waste of effort (it takes a lot of effort to keep a mod up-to-date with advances in the live-game).

However, even then, we would have to start small, and we would still have to wait for sometime until people would be willing to consider playing the mod as opposed to the live version.
10 May 2017, 15:06 PM

4 vs 4 (3 vs 3)

I played Werhm a lot
I played OKW a lot. its a nightmare to face brits in map with concrete buildings around key positions coz of Vickers and InfSec

Now I play USF and I can say the same. USF can't do shit on maps where there are a lot of buildings. Rifles can't approach to any builing coz of Wermcht 2 HMGs and Mortars.

I don't build USF Mortar nowdays coz it tickles teammembers inside buildings. (and it cost a lot for its effect) or dies fast to counter barrage

I tryed another appproach I use smoke (from mortar) research grenade and throw them at where all models of HMG are sit. usually 2 grenade cant wipe team weapon also Nades are expensive and research cost fuel too. So it is not effective. THen Wherm rush to FlameHT or 222 which is normal. I did the same. So there very huge MP bleed and very little effectivness.

SO usually I as USF rush to U20 or AA HT or Both (but this is the preciuos time) and all that time Werhm sits on fuel point. So, soon i gonna face Pz4.

PS I felt bad when USF mortar wiped my squads left and right but I still cant understand Why USF can't have SOviet analog of mortar????
10 May 2017, 15:17 PM

Async balance, they didn't even had a mortar when they came out in Coh2 (like OKW). Now they can chose between mortar and/or howitzer.

As I remember, they introduced the US mortar, when they put Wehr MG into T0. Maybe there is something to change, it is very boring to (nearly) always make the 1st click building MG as Ostheer.
PAGES (31)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
New Zealand 19
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %