Login

russian armor

M10 health too high

27 Apr 2017, 15:38 PM

IMO the health of the M10 tank destroyer is too good. It can hold the damage of 2 PAK40 shots and 1 Tiger shot.
Look at this video replay cast:
https://youtu.be/HSphHY_240E?t=2299

It is simply too good for a 90FU call-in tank. It also can crush inf, move and rotate fast, has good rate of fire, can be easyly spammable, etc.
27 Apr 2017, 15:47 PM

I sort of agree. It is too good for 90 fuel. Although as far as I know the crush was nerfs?
27 Apr 2017, 15:49 PM
Donator 11

It has the same hp as a stug that also costs 90 fuel. I don't see your point.

Also, a shot from a tiger deals exactly the same damage as an AT gun one, just for your interest.
27 Apr 2017, 16:19 PM

I disagree, the health of all the allied tanks is basically nothing. Reducing it would just make them basically useless
27 Apr 2017, 16:22 PM

I don't know about it being too good post-crush nerf. You have to remember that before the health buff way back when they weren't used all that often since they were too fragile (at least Jackson has really good penetration to make up for being a glass cannon). M10s by nature are down and dirty flankers and divers so they need that extra health or are useless.
27 Apr 2017, 18:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

People should know and Relic should had taught that most vehicles deal the same amount of damage but differ on penetration.

It has the same hp as a stug that also costs 90 fuel. I don't see your point.

On the vid, it was RNG that the Tiger missed. M10/Stugs while having the same survivability as medium tanks against normal damage source, they'll die to 3hits + snare/zook/schreck.
27 Apr 2017, 19:40 PM

I don't know about it being too good post-crush nerf. You have to remember that before the health buff way back when they weren't used all that often since they were too fragile (at least Jackson has really good penetration to make up for being a glass cannon). M10s by nature are down and dirty flankers and divers so they need that extra health or are useless.

M36 Jacksons have 200 Penetration, that's like around the penetration the Wehr and OKW ATGs have, it's the reason many people make fun of how bouncy this TD is.
27 Apr 2017, 20:58 PM

please... learn your counters.

okw Pumas can eat m10s any day and as WM you can just get paks and stugs.

M10s IMO are a huge gamble for USF since you can't go for T4 most of the times.

EDIT: wtf, you post a replay where WM pretty much just won as soon as the tiger got out, and with a time lapse where the M10 would got instantly killed if the tiger didn't miss and you say they need nerf? What is the logic behind here?
Vaz
27 Apr 2017, 21:09 PM

It's a 3 shot kill on an m10 right now. That video was luck, because the main gun destroyed critical happened instead of destruction and then the tiger missed the 4th shot (the guy had the tiger moving backwards when it fired, so no surprise). So are you wanting to reduce it to a two shot kill or 1? Maybe we can just give it a 30 second doom counter, so if the USF player doesn't send it into your kill zone by that time, it just self destructs.
27 Apr 2017, 22:01 PM

M10 crush got nerfed and it's fine for CP and cost now. It has 560 HP which the standard medium tank has 640. It does great against medium armor and below while having to be used in groups against heavier armor as the Jackson is more suited for heavy armor. It has a role and rather well balanced with it's crushed be in line with other medium tanks.
27 Apr 2017, 22:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 21:09 PMVaz
It's a 3 shot kill on an m10 right now. That video was luck, because the main gun destroyed critical happened instead of destruction and then the tiger missed the 4th shot (the guy had the tiger moving backwards when it fired, so no surprise). So are you wanting to reduce it to a two shot kill or 1? Maybe we can just give it a 30 second doom counter, so if the USF player doesn't send it into your kill zone by that time, it just self destructs.

Pls, no random info pull out of ass.

http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=m10_tank_destroyer_squad_mp
http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=tiger_kwk36_88mm_mp
http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=75mm_pak_40_mp

640/160 = 4
560/160 = 3.5 equals 4 shots to kill

That .5 is 80HP meaning that it can be replaced by either a faust/Puma shot/schreck or even Ostwind (rear armor is 57 and Ostwind needs just 2 pens shots at 40 pen)
Vaz
27 Apr 2017, 22:35 PM

I admit I did not look up numbers, I was solely basing what I mentioned off the video, in which the m10 took 2 pak40 shots and 1 tiger hit, leaving it at 5% and damaged gun. It looked quite likely that a death roll was possible on the 3rd shot.
27 Apr 2017, 22:49 PM

here OP

Pumas are very good against

That .5 is 80HP meaning that it can be replaced by either a faust/Puma shot/schreck or even Ostwind (rear armor is 57 and Ostwind needs just 2 pens shots at 40 pen)

Is this site actually updated? I remember looking at somethings and feeling that the information was off.

also Ostwinds can reliably hit the front of some medium tanks (looking at you T34)
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 22:35 PMVaz
I admit I did not look up numbers, I was solely basing what I mentioned off the video, in which the m10 took 2 pak40 shots and 1 tiger hit, leaving it at 5% and damaged gun. It looked quite likely that a death roll was possible on the 3rd shot.

It wouldn't die anyway, you need 4 shots to kill, the tiger missed the last one.
28 Apr 2017, 00:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 22:49 PMzerocoh
here OP

Pumas are very good against

Is this site actually updated? I remember looking at somethings and feeling that the information was off.

also Ostwinds can reliably hit the front of some medium tanks (looking at you T34)

It wouldn't die anyway, you need 4 shots to kill, the tiger missed the last one.

Shermans at close range too. I don't get why people complain so much about the M10 after the crush was nerfed, which I never really thought of crush as being OP anyway, since you can just retreat and/or snare and RIP tank with minimal casualties (admittedly I rarely ever see M10s period but have never fought one). I mean frim what I've heard and seen it's just a jackson lite, which is squishy enough already.
28 Apr 2017, 02:14 AM
Donator 11

In coh2 crits work differently to coh1. There is no such thing as death roll. On hit and penetration, the gun deals set amount of damage. If it crits, the crit is additional to the damage. In coh1 you could get a crit instead of damage but luckily that has been removed in the second game.

In conclusion, if you see a tank take 3 penetrating shots without dying, it will always survive 3 shots, no additional rng included.
28 Apr 2017, 02:50 AM

Pls, no random info pull out of ass.

Oh Pikachu. This made me laugh out loud the first time I read it.

It reminds me of how they speak in Season 1 of Spartacus.

You and the other cute sweet positive Pikachu guy are my favorite posters on these forums.
28 Apr 2017, 04:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 22:49 PMzerocoh

For hard values which are never changed, it's reliable. I think DPS might not be accurate and there are some values which are hard to read (vet), incomplete or hard to find (which weapon is assign to some UK squads for ex).

Ostwind shouldn't had problem hitting, unless you are referring to pen. If you unload a whole rotation, there's big chances at least 1 or 2 shots to pen. 50pen vs 150 armor with a 6 shots per cycle = 2avg. If you get the rear, it's actually reliable to damage it.

IIRC they removed death crits

Oh Pikachu. This made me laugh out loud the first time I read it.
It reminds me of how they speak in Season 1 of Spartacus.

What happens when you are not a native speaker and you don't check what you write :P
28 Apr 2017, 13:07 PM

Main Gun Destroy critical chance moved from 0 health to 25% health

WTF that threshold is so damn high no wonder tanks have main gun crits left, right and center. WTF is this RNG BS. I honestly thought the threshold was 10% health remaining. Seriously, nothing is more infuriating than having a tank trying to suicide dive to trade tanks but ended up with a main gun crit instead so you felt like smashing the keyboard.

The threshold should be lower, plus the possibility of it happening should also be lowered further, like 5%.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★