Login

russian armor

USF flaktrack

27 Apr 2017, 00:47 AM

What are people's thoughts on this? Is it worth building now that it doesn't try to turn around to its blind spots every time you tell it to attack something? Or what?
27 Apr 2017, 03:35 AM

What are people's thoughts on this? Is it worth building now that it doesn't try to turn around to its blind spots every time you tell it to attack something? Or what?

I've tried it a couple times since the new patch came out and ended up wishing I'd just saved the fuel to get a Sherman out quicker.
27 Apr 2017, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 03:35 AMGrumpy

I've tried it a couple times since the new patch came out and ended up wishing I'd just saved the fuel to get a Sherman out quicker.

Me too. It takes way too long to suppress vetted volks and literally gets fausted to death in my experience lol.
27 Apr 2017, 04:15 AM

Me too. It takes way too long to suppress vetted volks and literally gets fausted to death in my experience lol.

I'm not sure why this was needed:

Main gun damage vs infantry set to -50%

The reason given was this:
"Due to the changes in the opposing factions (most notably 222 changes and Luchs), we are adjusting the performance of M15 to bring it in line with the other light vehicles. This will also help prevent the Lieutenant tier from dominating over the Captain tier."

I haven't tested it recently, but am pretty sure that the Luchs and 222 have no problem with a M15, even though they are cheaper (asymmetric balancing at its best). The reasoning then boils down to them deciding they had to nerf the M15 because they nerfed the Stuart.

27 Apr 2017, 04:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 04:15 AMGrumpy

I'm not sure why this was needed:

Main gun damage vs infantry set to -50%

The reason given was this:
"Due to the changes in the opposing factions (most notably 222 changes and Luchs), we are adjusting the performance of M15 to bring it in line with the other light vehicles. This will also help prevent the Lieutenant tier from dominating over the Captain tier."

I haven't tested it recently, but am pretty sure that the Luchs and 222 have no problem with a M15, even though they are cheaper (asymmetric balancing at its best). The reasoning then boils down to them deciding they had to nerf the M15 because they nerfed the Stuart.

Yeah I've got no idea why that happened.
27 Apr 2017, 09:04 AM
Strategist Badge

I have been using it to great effect as part of a build which i have used to beat Talisman, Barton and a number of other good players. Its very good partly because it suppresses infantry on the move and can counter 222's. I have also used it to finished off a couple Luchs' with it.

Back it up with a zook or 2 so it cant get circled by a 222/luchs. Then use it like the best mg in the game.

27 Apr 2017, 09:26 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Something else to mention, it has extremely good AA capabilities. I found increadable useful in it is able to shoot down the Ju 87s nearly instantly. If I believe there is a loiter, then I build one to deny it.
27 Apr 2017, 12:07 PM

Remember that the only nerf the halftrack received is that of its main cannon vs infantry. The MGs of the halftrack are still good at wrecking and suppressing infantry, even on the move. MGs improve even better with veterancy, now.

The main gun attack is obstacle and position dependent and also comes with a long reload time. However, if you use it properly vs infantry caught out of position you can wreck them.

My advice to you is:
- If you don't have a clear shot to the enemy, put hold fire on to reserve AA ammo; the MGs will still do work vs the target
- If you get into a better position to the target, turn hold fire off and let it rip
- If you suspect a vehicle coming around the corner, reserve ammo for the vehicle

The AAHT received numerous buffs to help it scale. Most crucially, given how broken the JU87 loiter is, it's a great unit to have around to mitigate that.
27 Apr 2017, 15:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's pretty good, but I'm on the fence about whether it's worth getting. It will pretty much never ever wipe any infantry, which means it's mostly useful for suppression and to counter the 222. imo it's better to get an m20 for harass and chase/wipe potential and the hmgs for suppression and countering the 222, which it also does pretty well. It also dies to 2 hard at hits, which means it's gonna get destroyed eventually. Unless you can base pin them with it really hard I don't think it's worth it.
27 Apr 2017, 17:32 PM

I rather save the fuel and get a sherman out quicker.
Vaz
27 Apr 2017, 21:14 PM

I typically don't buy it. If you get it in the right situation, the dps can be beautiful. However, it's clumsy, with low health, low armor, and slow speed. It's just not worth the high 50 fuel price. I'm talking post recent patches too. I would say 7 times out of 10, I can do more with an m20 and spend way less on fuel (but still get killed with a gigantic 340mp cost, wtf).
27 Apr 2017, 22:04 PM

USF nerfs NotLikeThis
28 Apr 2017, 00:07 AM

Thanks for all the replies, I was mostly interested in it to really give me the edge against okw blobs and provide heavy suppression in 1v1s. Definitely some good information, especially about shooting down the broken ass Ju87s. I didn't know that the mgs fired on hold fire (do they never have to reload?) and that it dies to 2 at hits (lol kubel status survivability), and that the main gun is beholden to obstacles (like old luchs, or what?), and I forgot about the vet buffs to the mgs, which will all definitely be useful.
28 Apr 2017, 00:24 AM

Would be nice to think that getting hit by a M1 automatic 37 millimeter auto cannon and two 12.7 mm M2 Browning heavy machine guns would be enough to suppress a squad. Personally i'd take cover hey what would I know!
28 Apr 2017, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2017, 00:24 AMClerv

Would be nice to think that getting hit by a M1 automatic 37 millimeter auto cannon and two 12.7 mm M2 Browning heavy machine guns would be enough to suppress a squad. Personally i'd take cover hey what would I know!

NIEN NIEN NOT DAS UBERMENSCHEN OF THIRD REICH! SHRUG OFF PUNY 37MM LIKE PANTHERPANZER.

Lol.
28 Apr 2017, 02:54 AM

I have been using it to great effect as part of a build which i have used to beat Talisman, Barton and a number of other good players. Its very good partly because it suppresses infantry on the move and can counter 222's. I have also used it to finished off a couple Luchs' with it.

Back it up with a zook or 2 so it cant get circled by a 222/luchs. Then use it like the best mg in the game.

Are any of those replays posted?
28 Apr 2017, 07:37 AM

Best MG in game can't be two shots by atgun.

The unit isn't bad and with a good micro you probably can do something good with. But from an average players perspective, from Rank100 to infinite on a balance matchup, the unit isn't just worthwise.
It cost 50 fuel, it requires more micro than usual just to manage it, it get counter by any HMG42 vet1 and now it doesn't kill anymore.

Imo I would considere using it more if it was given the same defensive smoke as the OKW counter part or a consequent back armor value increase because as you said its value is now on the long run, but its lack of defensive value make it too risky to be taken in consideration.

It is better to have a M20 which has smoke because it is far easier to keep it alive in the game.
28 Apr 2017, 08:35 AM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2017, 02:54 AMGrumpy

Are any of those replays posted?

Unfortunately not, though i think i have one vs SturmPanther for the Tournament placement games...

This is not a GREAT example because SturmPanther had lag :( However its an example. If i get some more good games with it I can post them for you :)

Esxile:

The thing takes a lot of micro but you can manage how you use it to limit how much micro you have to put into it. Use it defensively to blunt an enemy attack. You can suppress infantry squads really quickly with it (giving your rifles an even better chance). It also rotates which squad it is firing against much faster too... Maybe the unit isnt for you but it is a good unit.
28 Apr 2017, 09:42 AM

Unfortunately not, though i think i have one vs SturmPanther for the Tournament placement games...

This is not a GREAT example because SturmPanther had lag :( However its an example. If i get some more good games with it I can post them for you :)

Esxile:

The thing takes a lot of micro but you can manage how you use it to limit how much micro you have to put into it. Use it defensively to blunt an enemy attack. You can suppress infantry squads really quickly with it (giving your rifles an even better chance). It also rotates which squad it is firing against much faster too... Maybe the unit isnt for you but it is a good unit.

Of course but it is easier to say than do. As I say, it dies in two shots making it too squishy for its fuel cost. And for what, a suppressive platform that doesn't have burst impact.
I repeat myself but the M20 is much more balanced. It dies in two shots as well but has a defensive smoke. It is better, in average hands, to build a M20 + a HMG.50

If you compare it to other half-track they are much more easier to use.
Soviet's one doesn't suppress on the move but actually doesn't require to be babysitted as the USF one and it kills reliably any infantry around.
Ostheer's one is super squishy but super effective vs infantry, in term of dps burst here your micro is highly rewarded.
OKW's one has a deployment animation making it requiring as much micro as the USF one, also dies in two shots but has a defensive smoke. Plus, it does have a real burst. It only target one squad but the squad is most likely going to be wiped in two bursts if out of cover.
28 Apr 2017, 10:19 AM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2017, 09:42 AMEsxile

Of course but it is easier to say than do. As I say, it dies in two shots making it too squishy for its fuel cost. And for what, a suppressive platform that doesn't have burst impact.
I repeat myself but the M20 is much more balanced. It dies in two shots as well but has a defensive smoke. It is better, in average hands, to build a M20 + a HMG.50

If you compare it to other half-track they are much more easier to use.
Soviet's one doesn't suppress on the move but actually doesn't require to be babysitted as the USF one and it kills reliably any infantry around.
Ostheer's one is super squishy but super effective vs infantry, in term of dps burst here your micro is highly rewarded.
OKW's one has a deployment animation making it requiring as much micro as the USF one, also dies in two shots but has a defensive smoke. Plus, it does have a real burst. It only target one squad but the squad is most likely going to be wiped in two bursts if out of cover.

What do you mean by 'Of course but it is easier to say than do'? I have given an example above of the doing of it.

It does have Burst impact, you just have to allow it to set up. the Main guns value comes from its ability to combat light vehicles like the 222, the Flak Halftrack, to an extent the Luchs and i have even killed Puma's with it. If you use the new handbrake mechanic it is much easier to use.

Also units out of cover aren't reliably wiped by the Flak Half-track, and who is going to let a squad sit in the open and take 2 whole bursts anyway? The overall vulnerability of the OKW FHT means you have to put more micro into supporting it rather than simply into the unit itself, with keeping a raketten near it for instance.

I understand it's still a bitch of a unit to use compared to something like a Stuart but that doesn't mean it's bad. If the unit is too much hassle for you to bother with then don't use it. Its a high micro investment but if you have the capacity to handle it then its a great little vehicle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
Russian Federation 45
Germany 3
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %