Login

russian armor

April 25th Update

26 Apr 2017, 16:22 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 16:04 PMLuoppis
What makes this patch size up to 2,3gb?

It's likely that a bigger portion is the Dawn of War skins.
26 Apr 2017, 17:08 PM
Patrion 14

Seems like a great patch, honestly can't think of anything downright OP on either side After these patches. Maby calliope or t70?

Still wish they did something about certain usf docs, a fanboy can dream.
26 Apr 2017, 19:06 PM

Platoon command post manpower 180 fuel 30
Company command post manpower 200 fuel 115
Hammer Tactics manpower 200 fuel 50

Total tech costs manpower 580 fuel 195

Comet manpower 500 fuel 185
front armor 290 hit points 800 damage 160 penetration 190 range 45 (was 50)

Escalate to BP1 manpower 100 fuel 40
Light mech company manpower 200 fuel 20
Escalate to BP2 manpower 100 fuel 45
Escalate to BP3 manpower 100 fuel 45
Panzer korps manpower 200 fuel 50

Total tech costs manpower 700 fuel 200

Wehrmacht panther manpower 490 fuel 175
front armor 320 hit points 800 damage 160 penetration 240 range 50

Battlegroup hq & sws manpower 215 fuel 40
Panzer hq & sws manpower 215 fuel 135

Total tech costs manpower 430 fuel 175

OKW panther manpower 490 fuel 200

can someone explain to me how the range reduction is fair, it gives the initiative to the panther to dictate combat and kite the comet, an ability usually given to tank destroyers with a counter balancing weakness, such as paper thin armor (Jackson) or no turret (su85, jagpanzer IV, elefant, jagdtiger).

a medium tank should not be able kite another medium tank (the game classes comet and panther as mediums), that makes for unbalanced and unsatisfying gameplay.
26 Apr 2017, 19:26 PM

Please do something to the underused doctrines in the USF/OKW roster, some of them just outright suck and makes them worthless even in team games. We need something else to break the overwhelming Scavenge/Spec Ops/Heavy Cav/Armor/Tac Supp meta.

Plus extra points if callin tanks are now tied to tech, doesn't matter if it's still available as a call in with CD, just make so its only available when the tech is researched.
26 Apr 2017, 19:28 PM

can someone explain to me how the range reduction is fair, it gives the initiative to the panther to dictate combat and kite the comet, an ability usually given to tank destroyers with a counter balancing weakness, such as paper thin armor (Jackson) or no turret (su85, jagpanzer IV, elefant, jagdtiger).

a medium tank should not be able kite another medium tank (the game classes comet and panther as mediums), that makes for unbalanced and unsatisfying gameplay.

It's also giving Axis heavy tanks the first shot free. Enough to be a game changer.
26 Apr 2017, 20:06 PM

It's also giving Axis heavy tanks the first shot free. Enough to be a game changer.

Just like giving allies tank destroyers first shot free?
26 Apr 2017, 20:08 PM

Panthers weaknesses are rate of fire and moving accuracy. I think it s fair.
26 Apr 2017, 20:22 PM

"OKW

Well...where is the nerf for the anti-tank grenades/ tools on allie side? since even penals can take AT handhelds and satchels, every USF player spaming zooks---since u cant drive with (light) tanks over 1min...without a rep on your cars.

Gimme a break. USF has to vet first for AT nade, has to pay for 'zook upgrade and has to pay for the 'zook, then retreat back to base to equip the 'zook, losing a slot for an AI weapon(BAR/M1919).

Your precious OKW gets faust ANYTIME it wanted (now after *gasp* a teched truck), for only the cost of using it, while still being equipped with AI weaponry you can upgrade on the fly.

Nerf my a$$. GMAFB.
26 Apr 2017, 20:28 PM

Panther is a Tank Destroyer.

You should comapre it with

FireFly

26 Apr 2017, 20:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The panther is not a jack of all trades tank, it is a tank destroyer where its primary role is flanking. The comet range reduction is more than suitable for its killing power. The ingame comet was never designed to trade frontally max range against a panther anyways, you'd lose that engagement even in the last patch. Where the panther faults is its on the move accuracy, but so does the comet now so glide shots matter significantly more than they used too when using comets and croms. Use Fireflys, SU85, and jacksons to deal with panthers.
26 Apr 2017, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 20:22 PMGhostTX

Gimme a break. USF has to vet first for AT nade, has to pay for 'zook upgrade and has to pay for the 'zook, then retreat back to base to equip the 'zook, losing a slot for an AI weapon(BAR/M1919).

Your precious OKW gets faust ANYTIME it wanted (now after *gasp* a teched truck), for only the cost of using it, while still being equipped with AI weaponry you can upgrade on the fly.

Nerf my a$$. GMAFB.

Most likely you will have alread vet 1 Rifles at the time when truck should arrive on the field so it's kinda the same timing but for some reason it's forbidden to OKW but not USF.

What's more, earlier pzfaust means later STGs upgrade since you probably gonna use some ammo for pzfasut, therefore your last point does not stand.
26 Apr 2017, 21:02 PM

Most likely you will have alread vet 1 Rifles at the time when truck should arrive on the field so it's kinda the same timing but for some reason it's forbidden to OKW but not USF.

What's more, earlier pzfaust means later STGs upgrade since you probably gonna use some ammo for pzfasut, therefore your last point does not stand.

I'll argue the muni spend doesn't hold back OKW that long from STG. Be curious to compare USF 1 AT nade use to double BAR vs OKW 1 faust use to STG. I don't have the numbers, though.
26 Apr 2017, 21:06 PM

Panther is more similar in role to the SU85 FF Jackson etc. However it has less range than them but with more armorand turret. Comet also a different class than the panther.

Also understand that Panthers can really only use this extra 5 range against the comet if it can see it. With the non doc commander upgrade it can see the panther before being seen so it technically gets to pick the engagements over the panther. Us it gets war speed for free and without vet required.
Edit
26 Apr 2017, 21:08 PM

How about Sovs who have to tech up AT grenades if T2 or Penals with AT Satchel with far less range if T1 anyway? Or even Brits with doctrinal snares because reasons.

AT nade will not impact how early you can get STG like how early USF can get BARs, so no.
26 Apr 2017, 21:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Petty semantics time, the Panther is a Tank Hunter like the puma, not a tank destroyer.

It's not the same class as the comet. When you start wiping infantry with a panther let me know.
26 Apr 2017, 21:40 PM

The panther isn't a tank destroyer, neither relic in the game or history classify it as such, the only tank destroyer that used the panther chassis was the Jagdpanther panzer elites call in vehicle in company of heroes 1.

If the comet had a longer range than some axis tanks then the solution isn't to just reduce the comets range and leave the panther, but to reduce both and have all tanks have a range of 45, only tank destroyers should have a range bonus.

The Puma, Jagdpanzer IV, su85, Jagdtiger, Elefant, Jackson and Firefly don't get a turret machine gunner upgrade and are much worse off against infantry compared to a panther, it's anti infantry may be weak compared to a Churchill or Ostwind, dedicated anti infantry vehicles, but it's excellent compared to dedicated tank destroyers with non existent anti infantry weaponry.
26 Apr 2017, 23:22 PM

The panther isn't a tank destroyer, neither relic in the game or history classify it as such, the only tank destroyer that used the panther chassis was the Jagdpanther panzer elites call in vehicle in company of heroes 1.

If the comet had a longer range than some axis tanks then the solution isn't to just reduce the comets range and leave the panther, but to reduce both and have all tanks have a range of 45, only tank destroyers should have a range bonus.

The Puma, Jagdpanzer IV, su85, Jagdtiger, Elefant, Jackson and Firefly don't get a turret machine gunner upgrade and are much worse off against infantry compared to a panther, it's anti infantry may be weak compared to a Churchill or Ostwind, dedicated anti infantry vehicles, but it's excellent compared to dedicated tank destroyers with non existent anti infantry weaponry.

Hello and welcome.
Unfortunately, I dont think you have played as Axis. It's very rare that you see Panthers.
Panthers are a glass cannon, which got rushed in for 'Authenticity'.
They are easily countered with any AT infrantry (heck even conscripts with PTRS wrek them)

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 05:42 AMNano
Good work to the community team, you could argue one way or another about the points of the patch but I suspect with out their work there would be no patches at all.

+1
"OKW
Panzerfausts (Volksgrenadiers only)
Well...where is the nerf for the anti-tank grenades/ tools on allie side? since even penals can take AT handhelds and satchels, every USF player spaming zooks---since u cant drive with (light) tanks over 1min...without a rep on your cars.

+1 on this
I also disagree with the command panther nerfs.
The infantry nerf is warranted, however the Allied vehicles not really.
75% of the main reason I along with my OKW colleagues called that one in is to help with the spam of Jacksons against the USF.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 16:04 PMLuoppis
What makes this patch size up to 2,3gb?

+1
I was wondering if my game is broken once it started updating yesterday.

Overall, good patch against OP British units.
Crush sadly still a feature tho
26 Apr 2017, 23:29 PM

Just like giving allies tank destroyers first shot free?

Tank destroyers = no armor on it for USA /no mobility for SOV
27 Apr 2017, 00:03 AM

Less crush = more blobs...it's like the plague !!!! there is more blobs then ever (4vs4).

The patch may be very good for the grand 1vs1 tournament, but for the 3vs3 and 4vs4 formats, it's not pretty.

Just this morning, while watching a 4vs4, i saw a mg42 + 5 Ost mortars hold 1/2 of the map while the rest of the axis team cap and kill the rest...a really sad sight. (Allies can't do it)

Do you really believe that the nerfs made on the allies had given us a better game ? Maybe for 1vs1, but for the other formats ?

Do you believe that removing 1 BAR upgrade from USA has no impact, especially when the faction design relied more then others on infantry squads ?

To all who don't understand what i'm saying, please just try 10 random automatches 4vs4 as allies and alone. You will see.

;)
27 Apr 2017, 00:34 AM

Less crush = more blobs...it's like the plague !!!! there is more blobs then ever (4vs4).

The patch may be very good for the grand 1vs1 tournament, but for the 3vs3 and 4vs4 formats, it's not pretty.

Just this morning, while watching a 4vs4, i saw a mg42 + 5 Ost mortars hold 1/2 of the map while the rest of the axis team cap and kill the rest...a really sad sight. (Allies can't do it)

Do you really believe that the nerfs made on the allies had given us a better game ? Maybe for 1vs1, but for the other formats ?

Do you believe that removing 1 BAR upgrade from USA has no impact, especially when the faction design relied more then others on infantry squads ?

To all who don't understand what i'm saying, please just try 10 random automatches 4vs4 as allies and alone. You will see.

;)

We already spoke about this subject on another thread.
The reason of this mess in 4v4 is because of the MAP.

They are way too tight, making flank impossible so a single mg42 & a few mortar / AT gun can hold a side easily.

sadly, i think that coh2 is not suited for any game above 2v2. Even 2v2 on some map suffer from the same problem (road to kharkov per exemple).

And everyone is well aware of the clusterfuck it is in 4v4, but coh2 is fcked up from the beggining by relic bad game design, the "unprofessional" modder team can't fix the whole game just like that, they could only do a few tweaks when it need a huge change to become competitiv in 4v4.

I am already glad that they managed to make 1v1 & even sometimes 2v2 enjoyable on this game.

If you like so much 4v4, you should give up on coh2 and get instead DOW3. They are made by the same company, aka LEULIC, but this last one seems to be much more 'team games' oriented from what i saw.

Edit : i notice you speak alot about AXIS being overpowered in 4v4 but you seem to forget everytime how fked up is the brits emplacement regiment commander.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★