Login

russian armor

Soviet sniper unfair

25 Apr 2017, 15:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2017, 15:43 PMaaa
Generaly this sniper is used at very noob level. Not above. Or when playing vs noobs to laugh.
Have it been used at gcs at all? Most likely not.

First it can easily be counter sniped at any stage.
At latter stages normal snipers (and okw raks) are used as a scout unit at the front providing extremely valuable vision. But this one is utterly not suitable for doing this. I'd likely to see him even without rifle at all but with normal cloak just to give vision.

I would advise against using any sniper as scout in current patch. Cloaked units are very easy to decloak now and generally a sniper that crosses the mid point of a map is most often a dead sniper, just becouse it can be easily killed on retreat and there is no easy way to recloak and hide now.
aaa
25 Apr 2017, 15:55 PM

how sniper with normal cloak is easy to reveal if its on hold fire?
25 Apr 2017, 16:58 PM

Soviet sniper HAS to be more durable because it cant have great dps, unless we picked something else for it to wreak havok in (perhaps longer range when the spotter is alive?) But a pair of snipers is already a bitch for ost, faster firing would be far too much..
26 Apr 2017, 10:07 AM

What you all guys are saying in favor of sov sniper sounds good on paper but in real games they are just too good, actually all games i play nowadays against sov they have one or even two snipers.
It's very easy to avoid the counter sniper, they just retreat, the bleeding impact is not so big. The crippled gren squads can easily be handled by penals.
The 222 solution( which as pointed in a previous post is way too expensive) will almost always result in getting a satchel since you have to dive after the retreating sniper.
There was a cast by Dane where the sov sniper survived the whole game with Werfers and Stupa on the field. The guy was not DevM or Luvnest.
It's just easier to be more efficient with the sov sniper. It's like throwing a grenade, no risk to you but if the enemy doesn't dodge they lose a squad. Same with sniper, you get kills , if you get sniped you retreat.
I am not saying it's impossible to kill, i am saying is that too strong considering the squad size and price of grens.
Also I think there is a camo bug or something, the sniper is in heavy cover and it's not invisible sometimes.
27 Apr 2017, 05:42 AM
Patrion 14

I am not saying it's impossible to kill, i am saying is that too strong considering the squad size and price of grens.

This argument is somewhat problematic. The ost and sov sniper have almost equal times to kill their initially intended squads (6 man squads and 4 man squads respectively) with the ost sniper actually being slightly faster even here, the gap widens with vet or even if the comparison is on how long it takes them to take out several squads (due to magazine size). The cost of a con is the same as the one of a gren. If the ost sniper goes up against anything other than a con squad he starts to overperform (the most extreme example is against tommies, which cost more than grens).
15 May 2017, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2017, 12:40 PMVipper
Best solution I have seen so far for the Soviet team, is specialization separation, one sniper one spotter.

=-=
They already have 1 sniper, 1 spotter.
Plus the 1 sniper is much slower ROF than Wehr. They're far worse performing than Wehr sniper.
15 May 2017, 07:43 AM

=-=
They already have 1 sniper, 1 spotter.
Plus the 1 sniper is much slower ROF than Wehr. They're far worse performing than Wehr sniper.

Maybe I was not clear. 1 member provides the extra Los 1 member has the sniper rifle which means that when the team lose member its performance decreases. I also mean that it is easier for Ostheer sniper to counter it.
15 May 2017, 08:44 AM

What you all guys are saying in favor of sov sniper sounds good on paper but in real games they are just too good, actually all games i play nowadays against sov they have one or even two snipers.
It's very easy to avoid the counter sniper, they just retreat, the bleeding impact is not so big. The crippled gren squads can easily be handled by penals.
The 222 solution( which as pointed in a previous post is way too expensive) will almost always result in getting a satchel since you have to dive after the retreating sniper.
There was a cast by Dane where the sov sniper survived the whole game with Werfers and Stupa on the field. The guy was not DevM or Luvnest.
It's just easier to be more efficient with the sov sniper. It's like throwing a grenade, no risk to you but if the enemy doesn't dodge they lose a squad. Same with sniper, you get kills , if you get sniped you retreat.
Also I think there is a camo bug or something, the sniper is in heavy cover and it's not invisible sometimes.

The problem isn´t the Soviet sniper, it is the fact sov T1 is now able to soft counter light vehicle with Penal.
Penal satchel + PTRS make it impossible to go through the soviet line. And since you only know where the sniper is after losing a model, you can´t chase it with your infantry.

This is a side effect of the patch change nobody thought about and people is starting using.

You can quote me but when they´ll finally fix the Penal/Lend lease, this is going to be the next super cheese meta for soviet.
15 May 2017, 08:50 AM

did u try to wipe a sov sniper with 222? it need a long road....mostly into the sov base..and then this shit 222 often cant kill this sniper, cause it has no bonus like the M3, which kill a ost sniper in abloink of a eye....

222 should have a good bonus vs snipers....but no...it needs to long, to be effecitve
15 May 2017, 14:07 PM

Soviet snipers have 64 hitpoints, and both can die to a single mortar shell.

This is in addition to the atrocious aim-time of the sniper team.

This, AOE kills SU sniper so fast it's not even funny, also going sniper means SU capping power is shit, just get another pio, skip T1 and rush T2 or get a mortar if SU does not like to move his sniper around.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★