Login

russian armor

Which language is best? Language Mix possible?

1 Aug 2013, 12:57 PM

Dear CoH 2 players,

as I remember in CoH they had good actors for the British and American Army, but the Germans were a german-english mix that was horrible. (I'm german)
The german version of the game had good actors for the Germans but the British and American Army spoke also german which didn't make any sense.
So my solution was a language patch which combined the good german speech of the german game version and the good english speech of the english game version.

My question now is: In which language version should I buy CoH 2 now and is there a language patch which makes the russians speak russian and the germans speak (good) german?
1 Aug 2013, 13:20 PM

Usually the 'problem' is that the announcements/announcher then also uses the set language, which can make things a bit harder. Especially now that the other faction is Russian.

Eh, that came out a bit off topic I guess.
1 Aug 2013, 13:54 PM
Donator 11

Dear CoH 2 players,

as I remember in CoH they had good actors for the British and American Army, but the Germans were a german-english mix that was horrible. (I'm german)

im german aswell, and i loved the german-englisch mix in vcoh, laughed my ass off!
  • helmut, they are scratching you paintjob.
  • damn halftrack smells like volksgrenadiers
  • left foot, right foot, you idioten

back to topic: you can change the language and so i believe the audiofiles aswell on steam. so dont worry, just buy it, if you really want it! BUT BE WARNED: many players do not enjoy it right now, just read some posts in this forum, and if you have any questiosn, you can PM me or make a thread!
1 Aug 2013, 14:06 PM

the german/english mix is made cause its funny. its not a bug or sth
1 Aug 2013, 18:48 PM

Mostly I don't get why a World War 2 strategic game should be funny but nevertheless I'll hope for a russian-german-language-mix-patch. What a long word.
1 Aug 2013, 19:36 PM

The language that is best is your native language. Because if you don't understand German or Russian you can't play either faction at maximum capacity. It's like playing with one hand.

To the guy above me;
The German/English mix is there to add a bit of character, I believe. The funnies are for other things like "You always hear these Americans complaining about Pioneer spam!".
5 Aug 2013, 17:08 PM

Can anyone please let me know if there's a language patch where russians speak russian and germans speak german? :(
5 Aug 2013, 19:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

yes it was chilche im not gonna lie but i really enjoyed very humorus and well made lines.

panzershrek time to unpimp his ride!!! favorite line though it was played to much.

loved to see option to set both factions have an ingame language options via drop down menu so germans could speak polish and russians could speak chinese for all i care. as well as the main languge drop bar they already have. (dropdown list will have alla available languages whatever those are.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★