Login

russian armor

Wehr is screwed this patch

23 Apr 2017, 14:45 PM

Oh, so it was 7 2v2 losts... Literally this patch is the Wehrmacht patch! (I climbed like 300 ranks after the patch went live) 2v2 as Wehr never feels so alive, I tell you that; before all of this, 2v2 as Wehr would be suicide, but not now. Ok I can help you with some personal advices:

- Firstly, do you have a teammate? If you do and he's OKW, then there's no need to worry! Told him to go Mechanized every single game! Like, every single one of them. Mechanized OKW along with heavy support play by Wehrmacht is very hard to beat on most maps. Speaking maps, I recommend veto out Dussendolf (Way too urban), Rails & Metals (Too wide, too many open ground and way too easy at getting flank) and Hamlet (The north side is horrendous, so it's pretty much 50 - 50, so just veto it out). ‎
- If you don't have a teammate, however, then hope that your random teammate is OKW... Is not like 2 Wehrmachts is bad, but it's harder to pull off and it's normally better to have a mate as OKW.‎

Now, on to the gameplay:

- First of all, try to work around with using 2 MG42s. Like, 2 MG42s are the way to go! Try to use them effectively by having 1 covering the other one's flank and always have at least 1 MG moving around with your mobile units (Grens, Pioneers, etc.). Many players just go for 3 Grens and only 1 MG42, which leaves them very vulnerable to flanking moment from the other enemy player, so always, in my opinion, always go for 2 MG42s.‎‎
- In terms of the Scout car, I recommend don't use it. Despite changes to it, I still think it doesn't worth it in 2v2 (In 1v1, it can work, but 2v2, it's too easy at being swarm and can easily get taken down by small arms fire). This is why I told you to have an OKW mate, cause he will be the one going Luchs to hunt down snipers, while you being the one cover up his back with lots of support weapon's firepower. The OKW player will cover your mid-game very well with LVs, while you build up your forces for the late-game. On the other hand, you should always, always get at least a 251 or build a Command bunker, limit your retreat time, stay on the field for as long as possible so your OKW mate can freely roaming around with LVs without being to heavily punished.
- Panzergrenadiers just got buff so I don't know what you're talking about... However, don't just give them Schrecks immediately. Their STG firepower are superb! Utilize it while you can, but if enemy rush out early T34-76, then use the Schrecks if needed.
- And of course, mines! It's still best to spend most of your mining time on planting Tellers. With double MG42s and mortar, you basically don't have to worry about infantry, just beware of armours rush... that's why Tellers are very important.‎

- In late-game, there are 2 ways of going: ‎
1. Pump out StuGs and Ostwind like there's no tomorrow (Maybe horde of P4s, but StuGs are StuGs, there's nothing better than them at the moment). Then cover up your later stage with Elefant (There are 2 commanders with the Ele so equip at least 1 of them... highly recommended). The Tiger can works, but it's less reliable compared to the Elefant.
2. Go straight for T4 and pump out Panthers and Brumbarr. With this way, highly recommend you to equip commanders with supply drops (Osttruppen, CAS and Luftwaffe Support). Panther may have its reputation for being suck, but 2, 3 of them are more than enough to kick the enemy back accross the English Channel.

Against some specific cheese strategies:
- Emplacements spam: Get 2 mortars in stead of one, back it up with 251 and comstantly bombard it. Ask your OKW mate to use his LVs as harassing tools while your mortars slowly break it down... If the enemy rush you with infantry and LVs? Double MG42s + Tellers will make short work of them.
- Rocket arty spam: Get the Fortified Armour Doctrine in your loadout. This commander basically makes you invincible late game: Command P4 to help cover up the damage from the rockets while Ele + hull-down vehicles will make your army a fortress!
- Maxim spam: This one will got nerf heavily when the GCS patch hits, but while we are still at it: smoke from mortars + set your MG42s in ambush positions. Don't be aggressive against it, cause the maxim spammer will be the aggressive one, while your pre-set defenses will crush him. Also, OKW's Luchs will end this strat rather quick so yeah.

that's nice from you to writte all this text to explain to OP how to win with Osther but honestly you shouldn't have done that.

he clearly came just to moan and whine about something he doesn't even understand and so really doesn't deserve such help from you, better keep it in stock for other people who ask politely advise on tactics instead of this guy.
23 Apr 2017, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 05:06 AMGrumpy

Check COH2 charts and statistics for 2v2. Axis has a 20% higher win rate than allies in arranged teams, and up to a 14% higher win rate in random teams. This is probably the most unbalanced that the game has been in years, and it is in favor of Ost.

Maybe try posting a replay and asking for help in the strategy section?

Is the higher win rate because of Ost though? Lately, when I play allies, I only play against double-OKW. Like 7 out of 10 games I had double OKW, twice OKW-Ost and once Ost-Ost combo.
23 Apr 2017, 16:00 PM

that's nice from you to writte all this text to explain to OP how to win with Osther but honestly you shouldn't have done that.

Er... Old habits die hard, I guess. If he doesn't take it, it's fine. Someone will fine it useful to some degrees, I'm just the one providing some of my own knowledge, that's all.‎
23 Apr 2017, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 14:51 PMGarrett

Is the higher win rate because of Ost though? Lately, when I play allies, I only play against double-OKW. Like 7 out of 10 games I had double OKW, twice OKW-Ost and once Ost-Ost combo.

That's what I was thinking. There have always been way more okw players than ost though.
23 Apr 2017, 17:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Random search still shows OH having a higher W/L. You could argue that one faction is piggybacking the other one in teamgames, but if OH has it slightly higher, it means it should be the other way round.
If you are top250, by what CoH2chart shows up, chance of getting random OH is 42%. 251-500 is DEAD EVEN (that's impressive) and at lower ranks there's actually more people playing OH. It's just variance.

It's a "GOOD" time to play Axis. Either if you are a good player or mediocre. Pardon me if i hurt some feelings, but what i call "irrelevant" rank on which players don't lose because of balance rather than their own skill level, Axis is "OP" ATM. Excuse me, not OP, but equal advantaged as Allies were before WBP. Sorry OP but facts shows, Axis is winning more atm.
23 Apr 2017, 17:34 PM

You can also double BAR.

Nevertheless, the OP seems to be unaware of how ELO and asking for advice works.

Well I couldn't double BAR or M1919A6s the last time I played USF, and that was Friday I believe.
23 Apr 2017, 17:56 PM

My guess is that it has more to do with all of the allied nerfs than either Ost or OKW. I've tried the new Stuart, M15, Quad, M20 and none of them seem all that great. The M20 seems the most useful but is badly overpriced (both mp and munitions).

I do wonder what is going on with matchmaking. I've played several games as OKW and got a few top 100 players. It might just be the times that I've searched but it seemed strange that there weren't better ranked axis players searching.
23 Apr 2017, 21:24 PM

23 Apr 2017, 21:31 PM
Patrion 27

You:
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 03:09 AMCulainn

Scout Car: Too expensive and changes to its speed and maneuver make it useless for hunting soviet snipers, leaving Wehr defenseless against them.

Reality:

Acceleration increased from 2.4 to 3
MG42 now properly tracks infantry
Veterancy 1 improves received accuracy to 0.889
Veterancy 3 awards 20 extra HP

23 Apr 2017, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 17:56 PMGrumpy

My guess is that it has more to do with all of the allied nerfs than either Ost or OKW. I've tried the new Stuart, M15, Quad, M20 and none of them seem all that great. The M20 seems the most useful but is badly overpriced (both mp and munitions).

I do wonder what is going on with matchmaking. I've played several games as OKW and got a few top 100 players. It might just be the times that I've searched but it seemed strange that there weren't better ranked axis players searching.

I agree, I guess many Allies players (probably Soviet players) stopped or switched, atm in 2v2 the search ratio most often is around 80-20 for axis. So as axis you search for minutes and then you either play a team thats why above you in ranking or way below you, which usually doesnt create interesting matches.

But I dont think that Wehr is too good, they and Soviets are decent, but the other factions overperform in some (USF) or all (UKF, OKW) regards imo.
25 Apr 2017, 14:56 PM

Oh, so it was 7 2v2 losts... Literally this patch is the Wehrmacht patch! (I climbed like 300 ranks after the patch went live) 2v2 as Wehr never feels so alive, I tell you that; before all of this, 2v2 as Wehr would be suicide, but not now. Ok I can help you with some personal advices:

- Firstly, do you have a teammate? If you do and he's OKW, then there's no need to worry! Told him to go Mechanized every single game! Like, every single one of them. Mechanized OKW along with heavy support play by Wehrmacht is very hard to beat on most maps. Speaking maps, I recommend veto out Dussendolf (Way too urban), Rails & Metals (Too wide, too many open ground and way too easy at getting flank) and Hamlet (The north side is horrendous, so it's pretty much 50 - 50, so just veto it out). ‎
- If you don't have a teammate, however, then hope that your random teammate is OKW... Is not like 2 Wehrmachts is bad, but it's harder to pull off and it's normally better to have a mate as OKW.‎

Now, on to the gameplay:

- First of all, try to work around with using 2 MG42s. Like, 2 MG42s are the way to go! Try to use them effectively by having 1 covering the other one's flank and always have at least 1 MG moving around with your mobile units (Grens, Pioneers, etc.). Many players just go for 3 Grens and only 1 MG42, which leaves them very vulnerable to flanking moment from the other enemy player, so always, in my opinion, always go for 2 MG42s.‎‎
- In terms of the Scout car, I recommend don't use it. Despite changes to it, I still think it doesn't worth it in 2v2 (In 1v1, it can work, but 2v2, it's too easy at being swarm and can easily get taken down by small arms fire). This is why I told you to have an OKW mate, cause he will be the one going Luchs to hunt down snipers, while you being the one cover up his back with lots of support weapon's firepower. The OKW player will cover your mid-game very well with LVs, while you build up your forces for the late-game. On the other hand, you should always, always get at least a 251 or build a Command bunker, limit your retreat time, stay on the field for as long as possible so your OKW mate can freely roaming around with LVs without being to heavily punished.
- Panzergrenadiers just got buff so I don't know what you're talking about... However, don't just give them Schrecks immediately. Their STG firepower are superb! Utilize it while you can, but if enemy rush out early T34-76, then use the Schrecks if needed.
- And of course, mines! It's still best to spend most of your mining time on planting Tellers. With double MG42s and mortar, you basically don't have to worry about infantry, just beware of armours rush... that's why Tellers are very important.‎

- In late-game, there are 2 ways of going: ‎
1. Pump out StuGs and Ostwind like there's no tomorrow (Maybe horde of P4s, but StuGs are StuGs, there's nothing better than them at the moment). Then cover up your later stage with Elefant (There are 2 commanders with the Ele so equip at least 1 of them... highly recommended). The Tiger can works, but it's less reliable compared to the Elefant.
2. Go straight for T4 and pump out Panthers and Brumbarr. With this way, highly recommend you to equip commanders with supply drops (Osttruppen, CAS and Luftwaffe Support). Panther may have its reputation for being suck, but 2, 3 of them are more than enough to kick the enemy back accross the English Channel.

Against some specific cheese strategies:
- Emplacements spam: Get 2 mortars in stead of one, back it up with 251 and comstantly bombard it. Ask your OKW mate to use his LVs as harassing tools while your mortars slowly break it down... If the enemy rush you with infantry and LVs? Double MG42s + Tellers will make short work of them.
- Rocket arty spam: Get the Fortified Armour Doctrine in your loadout. This commander basically makes you invincible late game: Command P4 to help cover up the damage from the rockets while Ele + hull-down vehicles will make your army a fortress!
- Maxim spam: This one will got nerf heavily when the GCS patch hits, but while we are still at it: smoke from mortars + set your MG42s in ambush positions. Don't be aggressive against it, cause the maxim spammer will be the aggressive one, while your pre-set defenses will crush him. Also, OKW's Luchs will end this strat rather quick so yeah.

Solid tips.

As long as they aren't in garrisons, OKW can easily deal with maxim spam using flanking Inf and Kubels. Played a match yesterady where the guy went full Maxim spam. he built 5 in row. I stole 3 of them and the others were retreating so often that we had tanks out by the time he could really get them set up in a good spot.
25 Apr 2017, 15:56 PM

Yep, all those changes to Shreks that happened.... oh about 2 years ago. Have to love that Balance Patch Psychology of "Something changed! Now every unit I use sucks even when they weren't changed whyyyyy" :rolleyes:
25 Apr 2017, 17:09 PM

Good joke mate,ha ha.I have spilled my tea laughing :D
25 Apr 2017, 17:37 PM

Er... Old habits die hard, I guess. If he doesn't take it, it's fine. Someone will fine it useful to some degrees, I'm just the one providing some of my own knowledge, that's all.‎

Thanks for the detailed write-up. It helped me.
25 Apr 2017, 18:48 PM

vehicles slow to come out.. what about flame HT that thing is op

Also you need infantry with support squads.... complaining that a mortar or mg gets overrun is your own fault lol. And also i guarantee your mg micro is off point
25 Apr 2017, 19:10 PM

Permanently Banned
Your confidence is sexy. Just like voltardark.
26 Apr 2017, 01:34 AM

Thanks for the detailed write-up. It helped me.

No problem, mate. Glad I helped.
19 May 2017, 15:20 PM

He is totally right! Wehrmacht is very weak. And you with your statistics became very tiresome as though this game only for you. Average player undergo very difficulty playing against allies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★