Login

russian armor

How to remove the translucent during camo mod

22 Apr 2017, 01:27 AM
Modmaker Badge

Hi mod community:

I came here again with another question. Basically I want to remove the translucent of the 3D models during the camouflage ability.
Why ? Because I prefer to add bushes to the 3D models to give a more realistic esthetic.

Image link

Here 2 Panthers with bushes. The first one dont have camouflage, the second one have the camouflage activated but the translucent ruin the effect, that why I want to remove it.

Dont know if it is possible. Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Olhausen
24 Apr 2017, 11:34 AM

I don't know how to do this. However I am aware of the following graphical glitch you could -maybe- use to lead you to a solution.

Put an infantry unit in a bren carrier and leave it in friendly territory. Then, activate UKF Commandos Smoke raid ability and order the unit to dismount the bren carrier.

The unit will be functionally invisible to the enemy. However, the model animators will not be transclucent.

Try to see if you can make it work in a similar way; modify smoke raid to also work on vehicles, and try garrisoning your Panther in a universal carrier and pop the ability. Then, ungarrison the Panther from the carrier and see what it looks like.
25 Apr 2017, 05:30 AM
Modmaker Badge

Thanks a lot for the ideas, I think I will try to experiment with "block Sight". Smoke do something about it.

I am pretty sure the tool is blocked or something because it is not possible to edit the camouflage itself.

Regards
Olhausen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight