Login

russian armor

Pack Howie Poem

22 Apr 2017, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

i think the unit is good. maybe 6 shots with barrage? or faster cool down.
22 Apr 2017, 11:08 AM

its very good with vet but its hard to get vetted so its pretty bad and feels useless more than half the time and another times it will randomly completely give somebody the dick.
23 Apr 2017, 20:53 PM

buff rate of fire/range, lower scatter for the autoattack and decrease the splash substantially

so it can be a consistent support weapon instead of randomly wiping obers on first shell OR being completely and totally worthless the other 50% of the time
23 Apr 2017, 23:23 PM

I agree on the idea that CD barrage be decreased to be able to use it to barrage important garrisons and increase number of shell per barrage. I'm not on board with buffing AA as it makes it braindead mindless unit instead of promoting micro. If Pack Howies could lay waste to buildings by barrage its already a huge buff to USF that has to deal with MGs in stone buildings.
26 Apr 2017, 02:26 AM

I agree on the idea that CD barrage be decreased to be able to use it to barrage important garrisons and increase number of shell per barrage. I'm not on board with buffing AA as it makes it braindead mindless unit instead of promoting micro. If Pack Howies could lay waste to buildings by barrage its already a huge buff to USF that has to deal with MGs in stone buildings.

+1

Also, I think the "gimmick" of the unit is to be really like a mini howitzer, which means using the barrage. Buffed auto attack would unnecessarily turn it into an isg clone and I'd rather see it keep its unique strengths and corresponding weaknesses (although said weaknesses are a bit too much right now).
26 Apr 2017, 03:37 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Pack Howie why you so shitty,
Is it because you're priced ridiculously,
Is it because you get wiped easily,
Is it because your barrage tickles hilariously,
Is it because your little brother does your job godly,
Oh yes it does and it makes you shitty

Good job with the anaphora but I would work on your rhyme scheme. Try using rhyming couplets rather than simply a single rhyme for every line. Good work dude
26 Apr 2017, 03:43 AM

+1

Also, I think the "gimmick" of the unit is to be really like a mini howitzer, which means using the barrage. Buffed auto attack would unnecessarily turn it into an isg clone and I'd rather see it keep its unique strengths and corresponding weaknesses (although said weaknesses are a bit too much right now).

It will always be a struggle to make the pack howie work okay as long as a walking stuka wipes it reliably.
26 Apr 2017, 04:06 AM

compare ISG
Auto range 100 - 80
Barrage 100 - 160
Barrage shot 4 - 3
Cooldown 30 - 60
Cost 330 - 390 (Use bullin reduce to 373)

range 160 good but need Spoting unit Low rate of Fire
and now mortar nerf USF need some more Indirect
28 Apr 2017, 22:41 PM
Donator 11

I would think just a simple pop cap and allow it to shoot at targets closer to it. The fact that it can only use "40%" of its actual fire arc makes the unit frustrating and often times won't allow for use of a directed "right click" attack. As such the unit is limited to its barrage ability for the most of its dmg.

TLDR: Sure its got good damage vs buildings and it HE rounds are dope
Trade offs make the unit hard to use as well as to expensive to be viable
30 Apr 2017, 01:54 AM
Patrion 14

Pack Howie why you so shitty,
Is it because you're priced ridiculously,
Is it because you get wiped easily,
Is it because your barrage tickles hilariously,
Is it because your little brother does your job godly,
Oh yes it does and it makes you shitty

I think there should also be a line about how it's vet only improves barrages and even those are not any good (auto-attack and survivability remain always the same). ;)

vet 1: phosphorous barrage, hilariously unreliable, if you get lucky the first shot lands about where it should the other 2 will land wherever since the first blocks line of sight and then all bets are off.

vet 2: heat barrage, still only 3 shells but the barrage which takes 1 minute is slightly better

vet 3: +33% range, -30% ability recharge, keep in mind, this (unlike for the isg) only affects the barrage range

Last but not least there is the general issue with sight blockers: as soon as there is no direct firing line, the howie will be significantly worse.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 572

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment