Login

russian armor

Denials of entry due to uncompetitive behaviour

A_E
18 Apr 2017, 11:38 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

We are sad to announce that there have been four players denied entry due to uncompetitive behaviour i.e. not playing to full potential. This tournament will start on Saturday and ensuring all the players are of a fair and competitive mindset for one of the largest tournaments in our community's history is crucial.

Note to readers: apologies that we have to get this 'drama' out of the way, the good stuff is being worked on and all the hard seeding work is being done and seeds will be released by the end of the day

Official Declaration of denial of entry into Grand Championship Series

CaptainSPrice “Price” and -HOI- Sanka “lmctx”.

Based on all evidence given from multiple sources it appears that Price had a game against Lmctx that involved ‘boosting’ i.e. agreeing to lose to grant points from Price. A player whose position in the tournament was secured based on very strong rankings, to lmctx someone that’s position in the tournament was in doubt.

The replay was uploaded to COH2.ORG and the chat in the replay appears to line up with this logic. Several players alerted tournament admins to this and called the Price and lmctx out on it in chat. Lmctx admitted to it in chat and said they would replay game 1.

Price asked COH2.ORG admins to hide game 1 without alerting tournament admins.
Also based on past history of both players – Price attempting to troll in ‘King of the Hill’ game and faking an ESL final – Lmctx numerous counts of racist trolling and multiple bans from COH2.ORG. We think based on past reputation this official ruling should not be seen as in any doubt.

Screenshots of all evidence:

Note to these two players: there will be future tournaments, so we suggest both players take future competition more seriously, and we may be willing to give them another chance in the future.

Momo4oSho “Momo” and warning to Burmie.

Momo4oSho is not allowed entry to tournament on account of agreeing to report a 1-1 with Burmie when no games had been played.

Upon absolutely knowing that these games were not played due to Siphon X’s automated reporting for all custom game activity - the tourney organiser asked both players in IM whether they agreed to report a 1-1 in their games:

Momo denied it (was untruthful), Burmie owned up to it (was truthful).

This means Momo is now not allowed entry, but Burmie is allowed entry albeit with an official warning to read rules and compete properly in future.

Screenshots:

Note on Momo4oSho. Momo is a fantastic player, a great analyst, and a good community member. This ruling is made with deep regret, and it is urged in future utmost honesty is maintained at all times with regards to competitive activity.

[The]Crazyman64335 "Crazyman"

"Crazyman" decided to throw his game against momo4sho in an act of very obvious trolling, and is therefore now not allowed entry to the tournament.

Further to this two players have been kicked for inactivity:

Don'tKnow and Hon3ynuts

Neither of these players played any of their placement games and so are not entered into the tournament.

Note on other players: PaulaD was allowed entry after deliberation but couldn't compete due to visa issues. Jove is in the Army for a year, and Noggano has end of university exams.
18 Apr 2017, 11:51 AM

honored. rules are rules edit. wait i cant honor here :(
18 Apr 2017, 11:58 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I feel soo sad for Jove and Noggano :(

I really want to see them playing in the cup.

But well Real Life is a bitch :P
18 Apr 2017, 12:04 PM

Good work A_E and refs, we all wan't this to go down fairly and professionally.
And awesome tool Siphon X!

18 Apr 2017, 12:46 PM
Strategist Badge

just save everyone the trouble, google translate gave me this:

'You are the biggest bastards on earth'

That's a cute Polish saying!
18 Apr 2017, 12:47 PM

Never trust google translator
18 Apr 2017, 12:47 PM
Strategist Badge

Never trust google translator

:(
18 Apr 2017, 13:43 PM

Invissed an inflammatory post and a follow up silly one.
18 Apr 2017, 14:04 PM

With all these people being denied participation in the tournament, is there any chance for late entry via replacing one of these players? I missed the initial sign up but if there are open spaces I would be willing to fill any of them and do any missed group matches or whatever.
18 Apr 2017, 14:13 PM
Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 14:04 PMNosliw
With all these people being denied participation in the tournament, is there any chance for late entry via replacing one of these players? I missed the initial sign up but if there are open spaces I would be willing to fill any of them and do any missed group matches or whatever.

I took a quick look at the results of the placement games and I think there will still be more than enough people to make up the 32 needed for the competition to take place.

Do bare in mind that i'm not an official tournament organiser and anything can happen :)
18 Apr 2017, 14:16 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I'm pretty sure that won't happen, sorry :(
A_E
18 Apr 2017, 14:28 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Sorry Nosliw nice initiative! If you realised this last week during the placement games we could have done something, but not now sorry.
18 Apr 2017, 16:25 PM

Good calls!

Quick question though, why allow Burmie back in when he too was dishonest and tried to trick you guys at first? Not doubting your choices or whatnot, but I find it interesting!
A_E
18 Apr 2017, 16:36 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Good calls!

Quick question though, why allow Burmie back in when he too was dishonest and tried to trick you guys at first? Not doubting your choices or whatnot, but I find it interesting!

To be honest, because I asked him straight up whether he faked a draw with momo and he said yes. Then proceeded to explain why and it seemed to be from a difficulty organising due to time zones.

When I asked momo he explained about the 'dump file' issue, which based on all evidence seems to be untruthful.

If both had just told me about the time issues they would have been given a deadline extension or a replacement match.

It was a close call, and based on personal judgement, but I feel Burmie's honesty after the initial incident to means he should just be warned.
18 Apr 2017, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 16:36 PMA_E

To be honest, because I asked him straight up whether he faked a draw with momo and he said yes. Then proceeded to explain why and it seemed to be from a difficulty organising due to time zones.

When I asked momo he explained about the 'dump file' issue, which based on all evidence seems to be untruthful.

If both had just told me about the time issues they would have been given a deadline extension or a replacement match.

It was a close call, and based on personal judgement, but I feel Burmie's honesty after the initial incident to means he should just be warned.

Great call :thumb: Thanks for the explanation also, generous of you!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★