Login

russian armor

Churchill in next patch

16 Apr 2017, 13:24 PM

Also stugs are dirty cheap at doing their job. The cost 160 fuel (2x) whereas 2 jacsons cost 250 fuel...

And 2 stugs keep allied armor at bay as well as 2 jacksons keep axis armor at bay

They are at 180 fuel (2x 90). For the higher price, Jacksons have a turret to flank enemy tanks.
16 Apr 2017, 13:30 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 13:24 PMLoxley

They are at 180 fuel (2x 90). For the higher price, Jacksons have a turret to flank enemy tanks.

LUL do you see jacksons flanks in game ? m10 flanks i see, but not jacksons, flank with paper tank is very nice idea.
16 Apr 2017, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 13:24 PMLoxley

He also has low healthbar and no armor so he can be killed by anything withing 3 shots if he´s ever too brave to flank.
16 Apr 2017, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 13:16 PMAlphrum

Jackson has, turret, speed , sight which is why it costs more etc, but im not guna go off topic. yes Churchill may need slight buffs, TWP may need to be reworked to but STUGS? you wna nerf stugs? go ahead nerf em and make them useless like they wer in the past when no one used them. if your getting kept at bay by 2 stugs you need to L2P mate

Yes, I want to nerf them. To give them 100 fuel price. After all allied mediums and heavy mediums are getting standardized to axis ones, then stug need to have price increase as well. Or his ridikulus vet 2 (or vet 3) reload bonus that turns him into litlle AT HMG. Just run cheatmod and see how fast can 90 fuel stug fire once vet.

16 Apr 2017, 13:49 PM

He also has low healthbar and no armor so he can be killed by anything withing 3 shots if he´s ever too brave to flank.

They are still cheap and able to flank / drive behind a tank. StuG can't drive behind a tank, it can only drive forward and backward and is fast destroyed too, by anything.

People only build StuGs, because they perform better than a Panther, for their cost. I can decide to tech to T4 and build 1 panther, or stay at t3 and have 3 StuGs in this time.
16 Apr 2017, 14:21 PM

If anything needs to be buffed, it is the KV1 :foreveralone:
16 Apr 2017, 14:32 PM

StuGs are a crutch that keep Ostheer in the game. The other crutch is support weapons (MG42 and Pak). Take either away from them and the faction collapses entirely.

After a straight up Ostheer Panther and/or Panzer IV buff we can talk about adjusting the StuG.
16 Apr 2017, 14:40 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 14:32 PMButcher
StuGs are a crutch that keep Ostheer in the game. The other crutch is support weapons (MG42 and Pak). Take either away from them and the faction collapses entirely.

After a straight up Ostheer Panther and/or Panzer IV buff we can talk about adjusting the StuG.

One time on stream, i see how you play with panthers ( it was minsk) , so read you posts about panther buff looks like joke man :snfPeter:.
16 Apr 2017, 15:09 PM

One time on stream, i see how you play with panthers ( it was minsk) , so read you posts about panther buff looks like joke man :snfPeter:.
I can´t follow your post. What does me playing with a Panther in a game have to do with the quality of the unit?
16 Apr 2017, 16:04 PM

people really underestimates churchill, but that's because their AT capabilities aren't that great as comets, it's a typical "tank" role, to hold out enemy, take damage and so on, churchill is really hard to get destroyed

because people expect to run their churchill in and wipe everything like pre-nerf Croc or Comet.
16 Apr 2017, 16:05 PM

It's not really smart to use that tank as damage sponge though, especially against OKW. It's free exp.

OKW tanks and reketen still takes forever to vet up. (maybe except JP4, but i remember they raised the exp requirement)
16 Apr 2017, 16:30 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 15:09 PMButcher
I can´t follow your post. What does me playing with a Panther in a game have to do with the quality of the unit?

I think when you send panther like YOLO without support what you whant from unit ?
16 Apr 2017, 16:41 PM

I think when you send panther like YOLO without support what you whant from unit ?
I built exactly one Panther the last weeks and that was as OKW (which reached vet 5 btw). That one was actually diving into enemy lines... because that´s what the Panther is supposed to do. You have to use its speed to hunt tanks. I guess not everyone grasps that concept. And it surfived the game.

Secondly you still didn´t give any single argument why you think Panthers are fine or why Ostheer doesn´t have to rely on StuGs to be viable.

Also improve your English.
16 Apr 2017, 17:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2017, 16:41 PMButcher
I built exactly one Panther the last weeks and that was as OKW (which reached vet 5 btw). That one was actually diving into enemy lines... because that´s what the Panther is supposed to do. You have to use its speed to hunt tanks. I guess not everyone grasps that concept. And it surfived the game.

Secondly you still didn´t give any single argument why you think Panthers are fine or why Ostheer doesn´t have to rely on StuGs to be viable.

Also improve your English.

First of all if you blame me for english level, i can do same about how you use you units.
So its not hard get vet for OKW units if even you get vet5 with 1 panther ?
You give all arguments about panther, buff accuracy at the move with such armor its will be again 2013. Maybe people just use this unit wrong ?
Maybe problem are not with panther but about tier and about unit are heavy TD that dont need always ? Coz sometimes better fight with more cheap units.
16 Apr 2017, 18:06 PM

This has been discussed and it does not work like that. It stills gives same exp that way.

XP used to be based on damage done, was that changed?
17 Apr 2017, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2017, 07:41 AMVipper
I would rather have the Churchill have more utility:

1) Move Smoke/WP shot to Churchill

2) Make "infantry support smoke" activate the offensive cover bonuses to UKF infantry

3) Make command tank upgrade lower the speed of Churchill to 4

Then Churchill can work as in its theoretical role of "infantry support tank"

That looks intresting.

i agree. i think war speed should be moved to anvil tactics. Churchill could really use that boost.

and the smoke should not affect its speed. its just a target for attack ground when used.

17 Apr 2017, 19:07 PM

Why would I go for anvil if multiple doctrines offer me a better Churchill (Croc or even Avre)? The only reason I can think of going anvil is the improved repair engineer update which however is hardly worth doing without any Comet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★