Login

russian armor

Will we get more commanders and bulletins?

13 Apr 2017, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2017, 07:00 AMwuff

Yep! That's the one alright! That with some ability value and value limit for a commander... Bam! Done! Customizable commander!
13 Apr 2017, 12:57 PM

I think creating your own commander might lead to balancing prolbems. I´ll give you some examples:

Hydra Commander

Osttruppen call in
Relief infantry

--> Get Osttruppen for your Osttruppen lost.

And of course everyone would use the recon + bomb strike combination. Featured in the Elefant doctrine, yet we don´t need to encourage everyone to have this everywhere, probably even in combination with a Tiger or T-34/85.

13 Apr 2017, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2017, 12:57 PMButcher
I think creating your own commander might lead to balancing prolbems. I´ll give you some examples:

Hydra Commander

Osttruppen call in
Relief infantry

--> Get Osttruppen for your Osttruppen lost.

And of course everyone would use the recon + bomb strike combination. Featured in the Elefant doctrine, yet we don´t need to encourage everyone to have this everywhere, probably even in combination with a Tiger or T-34/85.

I mean, we already had Conscript + PPSHs package + Rapid Conscription so... Also, consider that you still have to wait till like 6 CP for Relief Infantry, and Osttruppen will get shreded late game by upgraded units so, it can't be that bad! 

The combination you mentioned cost quite a lot already (240 MU) and it took up to 2 slots out of 5. In addition, I did propose the value system to limit the strength of a commander... Maybe add in the category as well (Like this ability is for early game, that one is for late game, etc.)... It can works, I believe it can!‎
13 Apr 2017, 15:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I mean, we already had Conscript + PPSHs package + Rapid Conscription so... Also, consider that you still have to wait till like 6 CP for Relief Infantry, and Osttruppen will get shreded late game by upgraded units so, it can't be that bad! 

The combination you mentioned cost quite a lot already (240 MU) and it took up to 2 slots out of 5. In addition, I did propose the value system to limit the strength of a commander... Maybe add in the category as well (Like this ability is for early game, that one is for late game, etc.)... It can works, I believe it can!‎

There is always gonna be a some kind FOTMYear commander combination which renders all other commanders useless or the system is useless due to been overshadowed by stock commanders.
-IF you assign values to abilities, then you can just put 2/3 crap abilities and make a combination of the most BS things from other commanders. Ex: just put whatever crap on a US commander and give me CalliOP and M10s.
-IF you assign them rarity (say common, rare, epic, legendary) i assure you that there are plenty of abilities/units which are hinder only because the overall commander is crap.

I'm all for this to be in AI, custom or the forgotten TOW games.

13 Apr 2017, 19:14 PM

I would love to see the Jagdpanther.
13 Apr 2017, 19:51 PM

And I would like to see a new Soviet faction instead of the Britons. Plus Group Defense of the Fatherland. But alas, our desires do not converge with the reality
13 Apr 2017, 20:41 PM

It would be an awesome doctrinal call in.
13 Apr 2017, 20:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am waiting for bulletins rework to match with current system (when you can't use duplicates and policy against stacking).

Here is my list of suggestions and idead about only soviet bulletins:

To prevent stacking:
2 bulletins with 10% experience for HMG (1 special for Maxim, 1 for Maxim and MG 42)
2 bulletins with accuracy for Maxim (2% and 3%)
3 bulletins for Mortar accuracy (2%,3% and 5% for PM-41)
2 bulletins for SU-85 penetration (3% and 4%)
2 bulletins for ZiS-3 rotation (5% and combo bulletin 2% pen and 3% rotation)
4 bulletins for ZiS-3 penetration (2%,3%,4% and combo bulletin 2% pen and 3% rotation)
Remove HM-38 from Mortar Production I, it has his own bulletin for it.

Additions to current bulletins:
Add DSHK-38 to HMG Production I (or make his own bulletin for it)
Add KV-2,KV-1 and KV-8 to Heavy Tank Production I (or make his own bulletin for it)
Add Sherman M4C to Medium Tank Production I (or make his own bulletin for it)
Add B-4 to Artillery Production II (or make his own bulletin for it)
Add M-42 to AT-gun production I (or make his own bulletin for it)

Make please at least 3 bulletins for some exclusive units:
B-4 – 1 bulletin (possible bulletins: rotation, reduce cost for vet ability)
KV-2 – 1 bulletin (possible bulletins: 10% experience, armor, penetration)
M4C Sherman – 0 bulletins (possible bulletins: 10% experience, armor, penetration, accuracy, speed and rotation)
M-42 – 1 bulletin (possible bulletins: speed and rotation, penetration, 10% experience)
KV-1 – 2 bulletins (1 of them with strange effect – increased defense)(possible bulletins: accuracy , speed and rotation, 10% experience, penetration)
DSHK-38 – 1 bulletin (possible bulletins: Accuracy, 10% experience, suppression, reload speed, rate of fire)
14 Apr 2017, 10:18 AM

The Red Army Paratroopers Commander / Air Force Commander

- Paratroopers (2-3 CP) - 6 people armed with Mosin rifle,ability:F1 grenade, explosive package. improvements: 6x - PPS-43 (mean between PPSH and STG), 2x Bazooka. 1 level of veterans ability: Decisive attack (For the Motherland analog)
- M-42 gun (2 CP) - 240 mp + some ammunition, gun dropg with Paratroopers gun crew. Paratroopers gun crew - conscript characteristic with one ability - Merger. 1 level of veterans ability: Buckshot.
- T-40 landing (??? CP) - Light tank with 12.7 mm machine gun - ability: Armor-piercing ammunition, improvement - 20-mm cannon (ability: subcaliber projectiles). 1 level of veterans ability: capture of the point.
- A7 / G11 (??? CP) - command glider (???) - glider can be landed anywhere, reinforcement and heal soldiers,retreat point.
OR
- Operation "Antifreeze" - A7 / G11 Glider lands on point and increases the resource growth (Opel Blitz analogue)
- PTAB IL-2 (10 CP)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS