Login

russian armor

Visions about P4 and P5

11 Apr 2017, 03:43 AM

JT 85 range to the elephant 70. Elephant has 100% pen against every allied tank except the IS2 which has 375 armor and the elephants pen is 360/400/440. So at max range the IS2 has 4% chance to bounce a shot.

Thanks for the figures. I know I have seen an Elefant shell bounce, I just couldn't remember against what or when. I thought it might of been against Pershing but I think I am wrong there.

Where are you getting these figures? The only stats I can ever find on units are always out of date?
11 Apr 2017, 04:42 AM

Ostheer P4: Hp 640, armor 180*, penetration 100/110/120, reload 5.3/5.7, range 40, moving accuracy multiplier 0.5, population 12, chance to pen Cromwell/Sherman/T34 respectivly from mid range: 68.75%/68.75%/73.33%

USF Sherman: Hp 640, armor 160, penetration 100/120/140, reload 5.6/6, range 40, moving accuracy multiplier 0.75, population 12, chance to pen OKW/Ostheer p4s respectivly from mid range: 51.2%/66.66%*

UKF Cromwell: Hp 640, armor 160, penetration 105/120/135, reload 5.6/6, range 40, moving accuracy multiplier 0.75, population 12, chance to pen OKW/Ostheer p4s respectivly from mid range: 51.2%/66.66%*

T34/76: Hp 640, armor 150, penetration 80/100/120, reload 6.1, range 40, moving accuracy multiplier 0.5, population 10, chance to pen OKW/Ostheer p4s respectivly from mid range: 42.7%/55.55%*

OKW P4: Hp 640, armor 234, penetration 100/110/120, reload 5.3/5.7, range 40, moving accuracy multiplier 0.65, population 12, chance to pen Cromwell/Sherman/T34 respectivly from mid range: 68.75%/68.75%/73.33%

(*) Once the Ostheer p4 hits vet 2 and gains the armored skirts it's armor and allied pen chance match the OKW P4

Here's some stats for thought, veterancy wise the t34 needs the least EXP to hit vet 3 followed by the cromwell. Highest is OKW p4 cause vet 5 OpieOP.

The big differences here aside from veterancy is the moving multipliers and cost per unit. Moving multipliers can be negated with glide shots but you still sacrifice momentum for it. Even though these tanks are relatively matched, the cost of allied tanks being lower allows them to field them sooner which gives them a head start on vet as well as bleeding of opponets. Sherman is stronger in this department due to HE rounds.

I think the T34/76 series is a bit too cost effective and should be raised roughly 10 fuel since in the june patch of 2016 they received massive AI buffs. OKW p4 is overpiced if you just rely on RNG to save your tank from allied mediums. Especially when you factor in other meta mediums like the T34/85 which destroys any medium outside of the panther for its cost.

Lastly moving accuracy multiplier gap should be much closer. When comparing the 0.75 of the UKF tanks to the 0.5 of Ostheer combined with their fast speed, Ostheer has a difficult time defending against them. I believe if all tanks were to be within 0.1 moving accuracy multiplier of each other, say 0.55-0.65 we'd still have the importance of glide shots yet sovs and ostheer wouldn't be throwing dice whether or not they're going to hit on the move while UKF is realistically going to hit every time.

With the UKF and USF accuracy multipliers where they are, when playing those factions you have to worry about glide shooting significantly less and thus require less micro and skill. You could argue that this is offset by the Axis having generally the stronger armor pieces which inturn requires less micro.

but the argument that made is that allied tanks have paper armor thats why their infantry needs to be stronger,as you can see from the stats they are pretty much the same so i don't know how the paper tank argument comes in either the axis infy need buffs or axis tanks need buff
11 Apr 2017, 05:10 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 03:43 AMNano

Thanks for the figures. I know I have seen an Elefant shell bounce, I just couldn't remember against what or when. I thought it might of been against Pershing but I think I am wrong there.

Where are you getting these figures? The only stats I can ever find on units are always out of date?

Coh2 mod tools on steam.

but the argument that made is that allied tanks have paper armor thats why their infantry needs to be stronger,as you can see from the stats they are pretty much the same so i don't know how the paper tank argument comes in either the axis infy need buffs or axis tanks need buff

Not 100% sure what you're asking here, but the infantry engagements for at least backbone infantry are pretty good ATM between OKW, USF and Ostheer. UKF and Sovs needs nerfs/buffs respectivly to their backbone infantry. Ostheer tanks suffer heavily because of the 0.5 moving accuracy multiplier which is where a large portion of "Ostheer tanks are trash" idea comes from. Soviets have the same but their tanks are inexpensive and disposable. Obviously losing a higher priced tank is a larger blow you than losing a cheap one, and you should be punished for losing your tanks if it happens, but making the engagement come down to RNG gaps like those moving accuracy multipliers is just frustrating sometimes.
11 Apr 2017, 05:46 AM

JT 85 range to the elephant 70. Elephant has 100% pen against every allied tank except the IS2 which has 375 armor and the elephants pen is 360/400/440. So at max range the IS2 has 4% chance to bounce a shot.

I wouldn't rely on http://coh2chart.com yet because players are still adapting to the meta and people who are less informed are still trying to figure out the best cheese to abuse to boost their ranks.

I get what you are saying but it's surely more objective than a salty rant - better to let the objective facts do the talking.
11 Apr 2017, 06:24 AM

The design issue relies in Ostheer not having a light tank like other factions have and having their medium tank arriving after the other.

Scenario 1: Your opponent build a LT, you have to wait longer to get an appropriate medium tank to counter it and your opponent will be able to field its own medium soon after.

Scenario 2: Your opponent don't build a LT and still, you'll get your medium tank after him.

The Pz4 should see its cost decrease around 110 fuel, its moving accuracy increased and some of its raw stats decrease to match other medium.
11 Apr 2017, 16:13 PM

Okw p4 vs Sherman? Also, axis gets shrecks, which have a way higher chance to pen than allied handheld at. Ostheer p4 gets comparable armor at vet2(?) as well.
11 Apr 2017, 16:48 PM

Eleroflfant

If you give it spotting scopes, it sees you leaving for work in the morning lol
11 Apr 2017, 16:58 PM

The way Axis tanks are represented ingame is both a joke historically speaking and in terms of gameplay.

They cost sooooooo much, especially advanced mediums and heavies and are so terrible compared to allied tanks.

All the tanks other than the Tigers have one role - AT or AI only. They are slow. They are very expensive. Allied tanks on the other hand are cheap, fast, have multirole abilities (tulip rockets are insane, nades and WP, even Shermans can load HE rounds like EVERY single WW2 tank could, all allied tanks can crush very well).

The Panther and Tiger I are in most need of adjustment.
12 Apr 2017, 02:04 AM

If you give it spotting scopes, it sees you leaving for work in the morning lol

I know, right!? How can someone even said Jadgtiger is better? All of you Jadgtiger lovers needs to L2P! #ElefantFTW‎
12 Apr 2017, 03:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 06:24 AMEsxile
The design issue relies in Ostheer not having a light tank like other factions have and having their medium tank arriving after the other.

The Pz4 should see its cost decrease around 110 fuel, its moving accuracy increased and some of its raw stats decrease to match other medium.

Fk me its more than 110??
The bloody Churchill is 160!!

The way Axis tanks are represented ingame is both a joke historically speaking and in terms of gameplay.

They cost sooooooo much, especially advanced mediums and heavies and are so terrible compared to allied tanks.

The Panther and Tiger I are in most need of adjustment.

+1.
Tiger got overnefed to shit, the Panther is a toothless panther missing a leg, and the Panzer 4's are grossly overpriced.
12 Apr 2017, 18:12 PM

Tiger got overnefed to shit, the Panther is a toothless panther missing a leg, and the Panzer 4's are grossly overpriced.

+1
Aaannndd... add to that mix that Ost doesnt have a light tank.
What can be wrong?? lol (ironic mode off).
13 Apr 2017, 14:08 PM

Fk me its more than 110??
The bloody Churchill is 160!!

+1.

+1 (about ostheer anyway), but the normal Churchill is never a good comparison. I wouldn't build one of those things for 90 fuel.
13 Apr 2017, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 03:20 AMClerv

I would disagree buffs are required for Ostheer following recent patch. Objective overview of wins (http://coh2chart.com/) shows things are reasonably balanced. Ostheer actually with most wins per faction this week in all ranks. What more do you want?

Please see below link for confirmation of above. Cheers

http://coh2chart.com/

I suggest to wait a bit before drawing any conclusions. The changes to OKW and Ostheer have been minimal, and thus require much less time getting used to before a player can perform at his best with both. Soviets, Brits, and Americans have seen much more drastic changes, which in turn means it will take longer to figure out new strategies and how to use units to their best performance.

P.S.: This also means that we should wait a bit before adjusting Ostheer tanks. Speaking from raw numbers, the Cromwell is still better and cheaper than the Panzer IV (while also arriving earlier), but we have to wait to see things in perspective to the entire faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★