Login

russian armor

Panthers need adjustment

PAGES (10)down
22 Aug 2017, 22:50 PM
Patrion 310

Panthers in general are WOEFULLY inadequate.

Yeh no https://www.coh2.org/file/14807/dream-team.jpg

A unit isn't bad because you lack the ability to use it.

Sure ost P1anther could use a slight buff but its not completely useless and is used far more than some tanks in the game.
23 Aug 2017, 00:39 AM

Lul, "nothing but blitz". Man, what I would give to get blitz on a t34...

Lmao he probably doesn't know what okw blitz does. "Nothing but" +100% accuracy, -50% RA, +40% speed. And emergency war speed was definitely op.
23 Aug 2017, 00:46 AM

Yeh no https://www.coh2.org/file/14807/dream-team.jpg

A unit isn't bad because you lack the ability to use it.

Sure ost P1anther could use a slight buff but its not completely useless and is used far more than some tanks in the game.

True. But at the same time I'd say a team of four OKW players is really the best possible situation for efficient use of Panthers.

Auto repair pios and sturms > pios

Ain't no diving a jackson past a schwerer to finish off a wounded cat either.
23 Aug 2017, 01:54 AM

I too hate that my 320 armoured unit only gets a target size reduction and speed buffs as an ability. Its gotta be right up there with getting durability buffs at vet 2. Just grinds my fucking gears how awful it is
23 Aug 2017, 03:30 AM

I too hate that my 320 armoured unit only gets a target size reduction and speed buffs as an ability. Its gotta be right up there with getting durability buffs at vet 2. Just grinds my fucking gears how awful it is

Don't forget the godawful +100% accuracy. I mean, who ever wanted that?
23 Aug 2017, 05:58 AM

Don't forget the godawful +100% accuracy. I mean, who ever wanted that?

Thats combat blitz, being OKW it OBVIOUSLY has to be better than the ost version (arguably fine with the throttled resourses, but now its just spit in the EFA face)
23 Aug 2017, 06:03 AM

Combine this with the fact that Allied tanks get a TON of active offensive abilities, while Axis tanks get nothing but Blitz, and Panthers are just ridiculously weak and impotent by comparison to the Allied armor arsenal, especially late game.

You gotta be joking or trolling or something. I can't believe someone would unironically think OKW Panthers are "weak and impotent" compared to Allied armor, "especially late game." Also saying "nothing but Blitz", is like saying, "Yeah, I won the lottery but I got nothing but a million dollars, ugh." Combat Blitz is more or less the best tank ability in the game, crazy bonuses on top of the speed boost - 100% accuracy, -40% RA, etc.

Also I love me some Secure Mode, great active offensive ability :^)

True. But at the same time I'd say a team of four OKW players is really the best possible situation for efficient use of Panthers.

Auto repair pios and sturms > pios

Ain't no diving a jackson past a schwerer to finish off a wounded cat either.

I find that in teamgames at least one Ostheer can be a huge boon for the OKW players, provides great support and fills the few holes in the OKW arsenal. Access to caches and CAS/Luftwaffe supply drop spam lets an OKW rush out King Tiger before Allies have reasonable counters. Stuka dive bomb ('nuff said). Sturmpios rush garrisons and even if Allies get there first have a hard time holding due to Sturms hammering away with the STGs, and MG42 from the Ost player secures the garrison and surrounding area.

The Ostheer further facilitates Panther use by building a Brummbar or two, which are a deadly combo with the Panthers. Panthers deny all armor play in an area from Allies while the Brummbar ravages ATGs that would try to push the Panthers away and any infantry trying to cap a point in two or three shots. The Brummbar demands non-infantry based AT as it quickly wipes zook/piat blobs and has the health pool and damage to take down ATGs solo if necessary, but the Panthers punish any attempt to use TD's against Brummbars. You need infantry based AT to handle the Panthers, but the Brummbar kills those easily.... etc.
23 Aug 2017, 09:26 AM

Panthers need some adjustments - replace Blitz with Secure Mode and call it a day.
23 Aug 2017, 09:46 AM

Panthers need some adjustments - replace Blitz with Secure Mode and call it a day.

Panther is in ok status....only some other tanks are out of ok.

look how fast brits tank get vets...look how unblievable good there commander upgrade is..and how cheap!

look how fast they are and how good the are vs all targets. they drive like go carts around the map and wipe here and there squads like a KT.

and this is the point: they are to good for their cheap price.
23 Aug 2017, 09:56 AM

OKW panther is fine. Ostheer panther isn't worth its cost and is in a tier that is generally not worth the resources needed to get it in the first place.
23 Aug 2017, 11:52 AM

OKW and Ost Panther are both weak for cost to the point of being useless. The latter of course even more so than the former.
Command Panther on the other hand is a very viable unit.
23 Aug 2017, 12:10 PM

i think the panther should be like a faster churchhil:

low dmg per shot
high penetration
fast reload
huge armor and health
fast like the actually panther

so its a shot eater with a mg as gun with low dmg but fast reload
should good as churchhil vs infantery.
23 Aug 2017, 12:20 PM

i think the panther should be like a faster churchhil:

fast like the actually panther

Yes please! (he doesn't know about the 3km/h reverse speed yet)
23 Aug 2017, 12:22 PM

This is a videogame you know not a roleplaying exercise. Brit tanks for example had excruciatingly bad reverse speed across the board throughout the war...but I don't see people clamouring for that. Well expect the hardcore Axis fanboys maybe, but there don't seem to be many left.
23 Aug 2017, 12:36 PM

Yes please! (he doesn't know about the 3km/h reverse speed yet)

only if you use smoke...
23 Aug 2017, 15:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

OKW panther are more or less fine, they may need a bit of a buff when combat blitz gets toned down. Ostheer panthers are a joke. Personally I find panthers pretty decent, I only find they struggle against fireflys with tulips. Combat blitz may be OP but is nothing when you get locked up with tulips.
24 Aug 2017, 22:43 PM

I was talking about the Ostheer Panther, since that's what this thread is about.

Ostheer tanks are in general just pathetic. ONE active ability, and it's best used for escaping rather than attacking. Meanwhile, Allied armor has a whole arsenal of actives.

And as any experienced player of any multiplayer game knows, active abilities usable in a clutch to finish off enemies are 10x more potent than any kind of stat buffs or the like.

Not that panzers have better stats than Allied tanks either. Penetrated from the front, sides, angles, everywhere all day long.

Axis players, and Ostheer players in particular, may as well not even bother with tanks. Who needs a tin can that just acts as fodder, then takes munitions to retreat without dying, then repeats the whole process?
24 Aug 2017, 22:46 PM
Patrion 310

You =
24 Aug 2017, 23:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I was talking about the Ostheer Panther, since that's what this thread is about.

Ostheer tanks are in general just pathetic. ONE active ability, and it's best used for escaping rather than attacking. Meanwhile, Allied armor has a whole arsenal of actives.

StuG and elephant TWP.

Not that panzers have better stats than Allied tanks either. Penetrated from the front, sides, angles, everywhere all day long.

This is entirely RNG dependant which is why at times the cost of the more expensive axis tanks don't pay off. It's one of the reason the T34 series is OP, 85s even more so due to the increased health.

Axis players, and Ostheer players in particular, may as well not even bother with tanks. Who needs a tin can that just acts as fodder, then takes munitions to retreat without dying, then repeats the whole process?
As Ostheer in particular the faction is heavily designed to defend, so push when you can see an advantage, otherwise maintain your ground and go for picks and deal damage to unsupported squads on flanks with your tanks. That's really how you should be using general and AI tanks, to bully lone squads and then applying pressure after they retreat.
26 Aug 2017, 07:31 AM

As Ostheer in particular the faction is heavily designed to defend

I'm aware.

That doesn't change the simple fact that on-demand offensive active abilities are universally superior across all PvP multiplayer games.

In shooters, MOBAs, RTS, everywhere, characters/classes/factions/units who have such abilities are inherently superior to those who don't, because skilled players use these abilities at just the right moment to guarantee kills.

And the received accuracy buff from Blitz is a joke that's negated by that same RNG mentioned above.

Just because a faction is defensive, doesn't mean it's fair to give all Allied factions offensive actives and short-change Axis factions.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 26
Germany 7
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L