Login

russian armor

Women soviet tank drivers become men

30 Jul 2013, 20:52 PM

Just what the title says pretty much. It seems like every time a t34 driver who happens to have the woman voice actor instantly plays a male soundbite upon death. All the sudden you have a woman saying something like "T34 Here!" And when it gets destroyed, a big burly guy says "Fucking Motherfucker!"

I know this isn't a big issue, but if it never gets fixed I am going to assume the loader hijacked the tank commander's comms to express his final frustration.
30 Jul 2013, 21:08 PM

Women shouldn't be represented in warfare. Not in a game, not irl. Period.. Take out those damn women.

30 Jul 2013, 21:32 PM

Women shouldn't be represented in warfare. Not in a game, not irl. Period.. Take out those damn women.

... because there are so little games where ppl like you can only play their male heros with their super male muscles and big maley male swords or masculin cars ... soviets had quite a lot female soldiers, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be represented.
30 Jul 2013, 21:32 PM

Surely you're not serious.
30 Jul 2013, 22:15 PM

Its following the facts, their were woman soldiers in the soviet army back then, and today even.

But yeah many sound effects are fucked in this game, they dont care, it will be £5 soon like COH1 because they take forever to balance and sort things out.
30 Jul 2013, 23:17 PM

Why shouldnt women be in war?? they have the right to die like any man fighting/being forced to for there country.

Equal rights is not just about getting paided the same, its also about dealing with the same shit
30 Jul 2013, 23:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

this was a bug now about equality wtf.
30 Jul 2013, 23:30 PM

War forces everyone to man up a little!
31 Jul 2013, 02:12 AM

well there are more than one person in a tank so someone may have picked up her radio just to shout MOTHER FUCKER!
31 Jul 2013, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 23:17 PMCrells
Equal rights is not just about getting paided the same, its also about dealing with the same shit

as long as they can do the "SAME SHIT"

equal standards too
31 Jul 2013, 03:58 AM

as long as they can do the "SAME SHIT"

equal standards too

Equal standards does not really apply, Men and Women are built diffrently and that should be taken into account, an example being men are generally stronger and can lift heavier things, whereas women tend to have a higher pain threshold, these difrences should not effect how we treat each other though
31 Jul 2013, 04:21 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 03:58 AMCrells
women tend to have a higher pain threshold

That's been refuted.

Furthermore, during my conscription, I had the women recruits under my command for 3 months. In those 3 months, I saw almost each one of those recruits burst into tears, spontaneously, losing their shit, at random moments. But I never, in the full 13 months of my service, even once, saw a man cry or lose it like that.
31 Jul 2013, 04:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 23:17 PMCrells
Why shouldnt women be in war?? they have the right to die like any man fighting/being forced to for there country.

Because basically everything he says

31 Jul 2013, 04:37 AM

Good to see good old internet misogyny is nice and strong on this forum.
31 Jul 2013, 04:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 04:21 AMNullist

That's been refuted.

Furthermore, during my conscription, I had the women recruits under my command for 3 months. In those 3 months, I saw almost each one of those recruits burst into tears, spontaneously, losing their shit, at random moments. But I never, in the full 13 months of my service, even once, saw a man cry or lose it like that.

Yes anecdotal eveidence is very convincing, My brother recently came back fro ma tour in afghanistan, i have talked to him abotu some but not all of it, i will not go into details but Women are just as strong as men when it comes to emotional strength.

I hate to brake out the old argument of childbirth, but have you witnessed one? i have, and i can swear hand on my heart i would never ever go through that willingly.
31 Jul 2013, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 04:21 AMNullist

That's been refuted.

Without going into many details +1 nullist... And yes... i know... And i have my reasons... I will go no further.
31 Jul 2013, 05:12 AM

Permanently Banned
@Crells: Its my firsthand experience. Its not any more anecdotal to me, than is your brothers own experience to him.

As to childbirth, I wouldnt want to go through it either, but thats because Im not physically built for it. See?

Feel free to google recent studies on pain thresholds between the sexes. Youll find your preconception is outdated.
31 Jul 2013, 05:15 AM

Then it is clear we can not change each others mind and i suggest we leave it at that.

31 Jul 2013, 05:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Yes, someones mind that is closed to new information, cannot be changed.

My CO was female, and I had tremendous respect for her, beyond her rank. Shes the one that assigned the women to my command, which I took as a great honor and did my utmost to do my best at, owing to the particular fact that the women where there voluntarily, rather than by mandatory conscription as was rhe case for the males.

Unfortunately, the majority of the female recruits, except two, did not share her suitability for military service.

Physically and emotionally the army was very challenging for all of them. The social environment of forced conformity, being yeld at, subjugating the ego to orders and the good of the unit, physical hardship such as lack of sleep, over-exertion, heavy loads over long distances etc.

A number of them where so small of stature that their full field gear weighed almost as much as they did themselves.

Im all for equality, in all things. But this also means equal standards of service. I expected them to perform sufficiently in all duties, as I would of any male.

When bootcamp came to an end, and it was time to make recommendations for which recruits to earmark for sending to NCO and officer training, I could not with good conscience recommend any of the women. Neither would I have recommended any male recruit who could not themselves physically perform what they would have to expect from their subordinates, nor whos emotional control was poor enough to allow for crying and other public display of emotional lability.

I welcome women into service, gladly and without reservation.
But they have to be able to perform to the same standard expected of males.
31 Jul 2013, 05:33 AM

I like the back handed slap there Nullist, very sneaky though a little uncalled for.

For the record my mind is not closed to new information, you provided no information just an opinion based on an anecdotal story.

I was aruging that women have the right to be in the armed forces and are more than strong enough to cope.

As a side note you may not have seen a man cry but there is a plethora of evidence show casing men needing physcological help after being in the military for both male and female, from that i am lead to believe emotional outbursts do not show weakness.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★