Login

russian armor

WM frame of mind

5 Apr 2017, 08:15 AM

I don't know how to ask this question, i hope it's clear.
So when play Wm what are your goals? Try to protect some strategic area and prepare to defend against USF and soviet hordes or you go all over the place trying to capture as much territory ?

For me if I stay in one area I usually get push over at some point( mortars , good flanking , snipers). The allies have all the tools to budge my defense while I feel i dont have the tools for a good defence.
If I go all over the map obviously the WM units lose every engagement.

I hope my question is clear.
5 Apr 2017, 08:50 AM

Stay in one area and hold it off is usually the way Wehrmacht goes in my opinion. Of course, this equals you have to be fond of defensive playstyle with quite some defensive planning (Where he might flanks, how he can flanks and what can I do to fight it back). However, if you failed in holding your area though, don't immediately bash your head right back there, cause literally that's where your enemy just take from you. Many players try to immediately strike back to regain that old ground (I make that mistake myself quite often) and usually get push back rapidly. Instead, strike for his ground, the one he controlled! This way, he will try to react to it, which usually favour Wehrmacht cause he gonna react to you, and if he doesn't response, then you just carry on taking it (Well, again the Brits that somehow when for Bofors then smarter move is to try and encircle your old territory and take it back... Just don't bash your head straight on and you're good!)‎
5 Apr 2017, 09:37 AM

I second William's writing, but I also would like to direct you to DevM's Wehrmacht play. He plays very aggressively, always moving his mg up with his infantry and trying to consolidate near the enemies cut off. Check it out:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★