Login

russian armor

Can we stop loiters from going beyond circles?

3 Apr 2017, 14:52 PM

Yesterdays match between Theo and Jove in KOTH saw the almighty JU-87s rain death upon Jove's tanks. Can the planes NOT chase tanks to bases? Jove lost his armor by JUs even when he obviously placed them near the base sector, away from the circle which "limits" the death planes. We may not agree on how powerful should loiters be but a loiter should not extend beyond the circle where you put the ability. Its absolute BS.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/132939175?t=04h55m47s

Look at the minimap when Jove placed his tanks before they died.
3 Apr 2017, 16:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cause the 2nd plane already tracked the tank while he was inside the circle.
3 Apr 2017, 17:03 PM

are you one of those guys who played 1 game for every 100 he watched?
3 Apr 2017, 17:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Its dont change fact that JU planes need balanced again. Coz escape from them its jsut luck or RNG. p47 are more close to balance then this still wipe JU.
3 Apr 2017, 18:11 PM
Donator 33

Stuka strafeoutpetforms P47's. Irony abounds. Soviet death planes of old got mega nerfed and yet this is finding its way as a feature.
3 Apr 2017, 18:20 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If you're in the circle when the plane starts its maneuver out to return and straffe it will follow you anywhere on the map. All loiters work like this to my knowledge. Now if you think about loiters only effecting the circle and the circle alone and any tank or infantry that left the circle has it's straffe canceled straffes would be absolute trash. They'd have to have their costs lowered immensely to justify how quickly you can exit the circle. Especially with speed boost mechanics.
3 Apr 2017, 18:44 PM

If you're in the circle when the plane starts its maneuver out to return and straffe it will follow you anywhere on the map. All loiters work like this to my knowledge. Now if you think about loiters only effecting the circle and the circle alone and any tank or infantry that left the circle has it's straffe canceled straffes would be absoulte trash. They'd have to have their costs lowered immensely to justify how quickly you can exit the circle. Especially with speed boost mechanics.

P47 used to follow but I don't think it does anymore. Hard to say with certainty because it doesn't hit anything anyway.
3 Apr 2017, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2017, 18:44 PMGrumpy

P47 used to follow but I don't think it does anymore. Hard to say with certainty because it doesn't hit anything anyway.

It can hit heavies, if you keep mediums still, it will never hit them lol
3 Apr 2017, 20:00 PM

Cause the 2nd plane already tracked the tank while he was inside the circle.

Oh really, so players already lost tanks that makes no difference whether or not its inside the Death Circle or not. We might as well follow your logic and leave Arty Cover to follow tanks to bases and what not. But that's not what we want, don't you? :thumb:
3 Apr 2017, 20:07 PM

If you're in the circle when the plane starts its maneuver out to return and straffe it will follow you anywhere on the map. All loiters work like this to my knowledge. Now if you think about loiters only effecting the circle and the circle alone and any tank or infantry that left the circle has it's straffe canceled straffes would be absolute trash. They'd have to have their costs lowered immensely to justify how quickly you can exit the circle. Especially with speed boost mechanics.

When if its tracks your tanks to outside the circle well should I say:

"Well this is definitely fine, a ability that goes beyond my control whether or not my tanks gets murdered because logic"

Why shouldn't arty callins extend beyond their AOE as well? I mean, its supposed to be powerful.

I'm fine with abilities that actually work within their set of rules, I don't get to defend an ability that clearly went over the rules to be effective. Hell, we don't even know if the tanks are still targeted in the UI by those planes.
3 Apr 2017, 21:05 PM

Oh really, so players already lost tanks that makes no difference whether or not its inside the Death Circle or not. We might as well follow your logic and leave Arty Cover to follow tanks to bases and what not. But that's not what we want, don't you? :thumb:

This is not a logical jump from planes track.

Planes track because their attack is not instant, so units can move away from them even when they entered the circle. Arty cover is different, it arrives, for right now, almost instantly after it is called so units cannot escape. If you are concerned about tracking, that is an issue with the accuracy of the tracking, and I agree this is extreme in the Stuka's case right now. The fact that the unit entered the circle and was targeted is the tank owner's decision. You can risk some hits to finish off a high priority target if you want.
3 Apr 2017, 21:07 PM

The WM loiter doesn't work like this unfortunately. And I have to deal with swarms of T43s and USF tanks.
3 Apr 2017, 22:50 PM

This is not a logical jump from planes track.

Planes track because their attack is not instant, so units can move away from them even when they entered the circle. Arty cover is different, it arrives, for right now, almost instantly after it is called so units cannot escape. If you are concerned about tracking, that is an issue with the accuracy of the tracking, and I agree this is extreme in the Stuka's case right now. The fact that the unit entered the circle and was targeted is the tank owner's decision. You can risk some hits to finish off a high priority target if you want.

Fine, if it's not instant, then at least make the circle bigger to allow the planes to do its job. The problem stems from the face that the both Allied and Axis loiters track targets without giving any warning whatsover if they're already in the circle or not. Let's say I have 3 T34s and Stuka(or IL-2 for Sovs) loiter, he drops the loiter where my tanks are, I reverse out, now the plane still tracks even after the first pass and goes for the second. This occurs when the tanks themselves exited the circle during the first pass, still get hit by the second. Extra points if its in FOW before they get a second pass but still hits you anyway. P47 still does this, only that its rockets never hit anything other than heavies.
3 Apr 2017, 22:54 PM

The WM loiter doesn't work like this unfortunately. And I have to deal with swarms of T43s and USF tanks.

You can test this with a friend, or yourself if you're fast enough in cheat mod.

Give yourself unlimited resources then disable it to keep the cooldown. Spawn 3 enemy tanks, disable FOW, put any loiter and allow the first pass to fire, immediately teleport them outside the circle and see if second pass connects
3 Apr 2017, 23:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

TBH this seems more like issue with the damage output of the JU87. Everyone knows it does a lot of damage and p47s are laughable after their nerf. Once both are brought in line you probably won't see JU87 wiping tanks alone, it'll be a good cleanup though if your opponet doesn't dodge it. Only mediums and lights can dodge though. Maybe the pershing heavy since it's pretty fast. And the issue with the clip of joves tanks getting wiped is more or less because he was on the very edge of the map. Planes need to go just outside the map and then return and straffe. In this case though, it was just the spawning of the 2nd plane that wiped them both. Because he was so close to the edge the ju87 came in very quickly and resulted in a wipe.
4 Apr 2017, 03:12 AM

It can hit heavies, if you keep mediums still, it will never hit them lol

I did have a P47 strike kill a KT that was around half health last week. I made the mistake of backing up and then every shot hit. Might have been funny if I had the fuel to bring in another one. It rarely hits PIV's.
5 Apr 2017, 14:53 PM

Can't tell you how many KT's i've lost to P47 strikes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
unknown 18
unknown 11
Germany 29

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %