Login

russian armor

Demos vs Teller mines (one shooting units)

3 Apr 2017, 10:47 AM

Most of the players don't like abilities that one shot full health units and i get that and also i agree with that.

Demos from SU is one of them and since the launch of the game there are players that wont them to get nurfed or removed from the game.

Here is what i was wondering about.
Why do people only talk about Demos and not Teller mines? They both kill full health units in the game.
Demos kill 99% only infantry (from the cheapest to the most expensive ones) and Tellers do destroy Light vehicles (from the cheapest to the most expensive ones)

So its not OK that 90 Munitions can wipe, lets say a 340 Manpower unit and it is OK that 50 Munitions can destroy, lets say a 260 Manpower and 60 Fuel unit.

What is justifying this? I can't think of a solid argument.

Just to be clear, i also would like to see demos get nerfed (maybe build them only on structures or something else)
but i also would like to see Teller get nerfed too (maybe make them more expensive or reduce the damage so that it wont one shot all the light vehicles, 320 damage mayby? So it would take a eller and a faust to destroy a light veicle).

Lets discuss this in a mature manner please, Fanboys are not welcome here:D:nahnah:

Edit: I love the Demo and the Teller mine but i think they are to good :D
3 Apr 2017, 10:53 AM

Give WM a good light tank and then nerf the Teller. The demo for soviets it's not something they need. It's just an OP way to wipe vet3 squads without much effort. In the late game usually munis are not in short supply.
3 Apr 2017, 11:12 AM

^ This
But we already know Relic have no resorce to build a new model ... it have PzIII in mod (just the name in PzIV F1).
3 Apr 2017, 11:13 AM

My personal reason is that demos are immune to minesweepers. A demo might get revealed but still it will wipe the pioneer squad if the Sov players is not asleep.

A demo will wipe everything in its AOE (other than 'regulaar' mines that will only kill 2 people at best'), a teller mine will "only" destroy the engine, and if there is no follow up AT by the german player, you can repair your tank and drive away again.

I have to say that I love Riegel mines.
3 Apr 2017, 11:16 AM

^ M20 mines too (sadly T1 USF is not popular).
3 Apr 2017, 11:27 AM

Give WM a good light tank and then nerf the Teller. The demo for soviets it's not something they need. It's just an OP way to wipe vet3 squads without much effort. In the late game usually munis are not in short supply.

+1

The only thing makes demo so bloody annoying, besides its ability to insta-wipe, is the fact that despite sweeper detects it, the unit does not shoot at it! Maybe let it behave like mines first (Detected one will get shot down) then consider changing it (Still, agree that SU don't need it anyways)

^ M20 mines too (sadly T1 USF is not popular).

I'm not sure about that. A lot of USF players are starting to go Lt against Ostheer recently. Things will changed and one day, someone will write a thread about how strong the M20 mine is.

3 Apr 2017, 11:30 AM

Every factions have their own Wunderwaffe.
but some peoples want to keep these wunderwaffer only for their own favorite factions
3 Apr 2017, 12:04 PM

#TeamPzIII
3 Apr 2017, 12:15 PM

What is justifying this? I can't think of a solid argument.

you can hardcounter an infinite number of it with the investment of 35 munis?

bad recon should be punished.

close thread now

3 Apr 2017, 12:21 PM

THIS for demos and Tellers

Static infantry need buff in detection cloak units and mines/demos.
3 Apr 2017, 13:25 PM

Every factions have their own Wunderwaffe.
but some peoples want to keep these wunderwaffer only for their own favorite factions

Don't act like Tellermines are OP... You can also argue that Ostheer is the only faction that has to decide whether a mine should hit infantry or vehicles. Additionally, Ost suffers against Light Tank rushes which are countered by Tellermines.
3 Apr 2017, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2017, 12:21 PMAradan

THIS for demos and Tellers

Static infantry need buff in detection cloak units and mines/demos.

You can't have your one sweeper squad everywhere on the map. You can't have your sweeper squad with every squad on the map just in case there is a demo. You also can't walk your sweeper sqaud into a demo and be safe from its detonation, since it can still detonate when detected.

Getting two sweeper squads is pretty worthless for Ost since they will never vet to get that most important vet 2 faster repair speed.
3 Apr 2017, 14:27 PM

Getting two sweeper squads is pretty worthless for Ost since they will never vet to get that most important vet 2 faster repair speed.

This is fault of CoH2 engine. In CoH1 unit get XP, for mine placing and also, if mine destroy something.
3 Apr 2017, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2017, 14:27 PMAradan

This is fault of CoH2 engine. In CoH1 unit get XP, for mine placing and also, if mine destroy something.

So? We have to deal with it now and it's issues.
3 Apr 2017, 14:52 PM
Donator 33

Lol complaining of pios not vetting while soviet engines cry in a corner. Sweeps are mandatory for serious players. Demos were made lighthouse beacons and are radio handled with sweeps. Teller could get a minor damage reduction to not total light tanks. But beyond that seems excessive for a 50 munitions mine.

Reducing the muni is out Last thing wher needs is cheap mines to combine with the option to place incomplete S mine fields. The time consumption planting the mines vs removing them in terms of s mines is already incredibly silly.
3 Apr 2017, 14:54 PM

you can hardcounter an infinite number of it with the investment of 35 munis?

close thread now

You missed the point. I know you can get sweepers, duh. But that's not what i am saying.
Both, demos and tellers one shot units and have a huge difference in costs and people are complaining only about the expensive one and leave the cheaper one alone (witch btw destroys more expensive unit, units that cost also fuel).
That's very odd someone would say ( the other one would say because its suits some people maybe?).
3 Apr 2017, 14:56 PM

Demos can be hit with small arms. What's the problem you have with engies on it?
3 Apr 2017, 15:44 PM

tellers are fine and demos are fine. i buy a mine sweeper every game. stop getting flamethrowers nubs
3 Apr 2017, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2017, 14:56 PMHater
Demos can be hit with small arms. What's the problem you have with engies on it?

this, you can just hit them from a distance (unlike mines that you HAVE to sweep)

also on a side note, My t70 didn't die to a riegel mine on my last soviet game, is this normal? Isn't they supposed to one shot it?
3 Apr 2017, 17:04 PM

this, you can just hit them from a distance (unlike mines that you HAVE to sweep)

also on a side note, My t70 didn't die to a Riegel mine on my last soviet game, is this normal? Isn't they supposed to one shot it?

Rigels cause the tank to "immobilize" and deal less damage than the teller. Tellers have 400 Damage (i think), that's why they one shot every allied light vehicle/tank.

tellers are fine and demos are fine. i buy a mine sweeper every game. stop getting flamethrowers nubs

Thanks for the tip, now I can go to the top 10s :nahnah:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 68

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment