Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
19 Apr 2017, 20:02 PM

On the bright side, I think the fact that everyone is obsessing over the Faust change and nothing else speaks to how generally non-controversial the other changes are - so *thumbs up* (Maxim might take some getting used to but it doesn't seem bad by my estimation)

A lot of energy burned out addressing wbp and gcs changes from a design standpoint. I burned out trying to voice my opinion on penal ptrs. This is to be expected. The mod team mostly has the blank check to do as they please at this point IMO. I know i am too fatigued to try and explain any sort of opposition to their will.

I just want a stable version to build a mod on that won't be broken by the next patch so I can continue to have fun playing with friends on LAN.
19 Apr 2017, 21:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Honestly, OKW isn't as munitions-starved as OKH, so I don't believe the +5mun to faust is an over-nerf, but I like to see standardization, so I like the idea of the 25mun faust. However, I will say that the faust being available from a SwS truck being on the field is a little early, since you could literally build the SwS truck at any time, and reverting it back to the setup is reasonable.

Maxim changes seem a little drastic, but I think it's for the better. I personally like them, and it stops cheese. Maxims with the bigger arc could basically be used the same way as the Vickers, which makes sense.

I'm still waiting to see some love given to the Conscripts, maybe also PM-41 for Soviets and leIG for OKW. And for Soviet/OKH to get real weapons on the weapon crews instead of useless Mosins/MP40s that have 0.1 accuracy since WFA and UKF all have normal infantry weapons (I think?). And for OKH vehicles to be as good as OKW vehicles. #OutOfScope :guyokay::foreveralone:
19 Apr 2017, 21:21 PM

Seriously? Making the OKW faust 30 muni? Why? It coming later is fine, but the 30 muni cost is lame guys.
relic dont make small tweak they make big changes lol. like all the allies nerfs and command nerf
20 Apr 2017, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2017, 16:16 PMAlphrum
if OKW seem to be over-performing or units that are too cost efficient, why not bring back the OKW resource penalty? >.> kinda miss that unnique feature

Nooo, dont do that! It would make them extremely difficult to play for beginners again!
At least, if they did that, bring back the muni/fuel offset to compensate

Yep, okw was generally much better design and ballance wise before the unfortunate 'redesign'. Sadly, there is probably no coming back after so many patches.

Why do people think that? I jumped on the Western armies 2 weeks before they got changed, and am genuinely curios.

Earlier pzfaust was for me best change in WBP.
Now with that being reverted, welcome back M3 rush.
Volks since they can stand against M3 without bleed, while Volks without pzfaust will bleed like a hell.

Volks bleeding against scout car?
Wut?

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2017, 17:27 PMEsxile

5/10 fuel cost kubel would have probably solve the issue the same way.

+1
20 Apr 2017, 03:23 AM
20 Apr 2017, 04:54 AM

Volks bleeding against scout car?
Wut?

wow, you didn't know you can inflict losses on Volks by M3 without loosing any manpower yourself?
Now at least you know it :foreveralone:
20 Apr 2017, 04:59 AM

wow, you didn't know you can inflict losses on Volks by M3 without loosing any manpower yourself?

It's like it is a kubel which does more damage.
20 Apr 2017, 06:32 AM

What's up with people having extreme faction bias o.O
20 Apr 2017, 07:14 AM

It seems like t1 will be the only option since maxim plus cons wont be effective anymore (the weakest element here is cons). Strafniki plus dushka into sherman will be in every game. I dunno why modders didnt want to buff main infantry and tier upgrades. Scope again?
20 Apr 2017, 07:17 AM

Wow, you didn't know you can inflict losses on Volks by M3 without loosing any manpower yourself?

It's a tactic, I will admit, I just have never seen it used in game is all.
Normally they get fausted quick.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 06:32 AMDelodax

If you are referring to my comment, I will defend the opposite side of what the bandwagon is on; in other words, I see loads of Allied fanboyism ATM, I will defend Axis
20 Apr 2017, 13:46 PM

Normally they do. Normally they will have accomplished their use. Either by bleeding volks, ruining OKW's map control, or forcing the OKW player to use fausts to kill something as flimsy as an M3. The M3 has always been a sort of monkeywrench unit that doesn't last but sure as hell can throw off an intentional axis strategy.

Unfortunately, I feel like GCS is more of an attempt to validate the intended metagame and strategy of WBP. I'm really just seeing specific strategies nerfed and created without respect to faction design. I mean, issues of design can't be balanced away...
20 Apr 2017, 14:02 PM

And that's the thing. Currently you have to watch after your M3, keep distance becasue otherwise you will be pzfausted.

With incoming reverse you won't even care about M3 just dive deep, park next to Volks and profit.

Nerfing pzfaust is imo huge misteake.
20 Apr 2017, 14:21 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/60453/gcs-placement-match-stats-w-updates

Siphon X also has detailed stats about which units were fielded and how often.

maybe its the rest of the units suck,thats why other gets picked so much,no cache,no sniper,no proper at ,no sniper and mortar expensive units,underpwoered doctrines..??? have you considered all that..?? or you can't stand 1 % drop in allied winrate and winrate is balanced between ukf,usf broken like always,only soviets are under performing
20 Apr 2017, 14:49 PM

And that's the thing. Currently you have to watch after your M3, keep distance becasue otherwise you will be pzfausted.

With incoming reverse you won't even care about M3 just dive deep, park next to Volks and profit.

Nerfing pzfaust is imo huge misteake.

More or less what OKW does with the Kubel and the Sturm. Dive in with the Kubel to tank the damage, get the Sturm on a favorable position and profit. Nobody has the atnade ready at this moment.

But yes, nerfing pfaust isn't the best solution. adding a 5/10 fuel cost to the kubel is.

---

About the m20, I usually try to get it fausted on a safe area soon after getting, two times. So I considere I have rentabilize the shirt cost. And get the STG delayed.
20 Apr 2017, 14:53 PM

Since GCS is more less decided, I will suggest once more that the NEXT patch should focus on the very large number inconsistencies, vet abilities, vet bonuses and commander abilities that need to be looked at and not on balance issues.

here are some:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/60221/inconsistencies-that-should-be-fixed
20 Apr 2017, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 14:49 PMEsxile

More or less what OKW does with the Kubel and the Sturm. Dive in with the Kubel to tank the damage, get the Sturm on a favorable position and profit. Nobody has the atnade ready at this moment.

But yes, nerfing pfaust isn't the best solution. adding a 5/10 fuel cost to the kubel is.

Sure, but still M3 is much more potent than Kubel and can carry troops.

I find that unlocking pzfasut should have similar cost to unlocking M3 and with Ostheer T1 and called Truck that was balanced perfectly but with truck being step down not really...
20 Apr 2017, 15:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2017, 06:32 AMDelodax

The people who didn't give up on this thread already are all clinically insane. There is a correlation between insanity and being a massive fanboy.
21 Apr 2017, 01:29 AM
21 Apr 2017, 14:24 PM

Presenting v1.4:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/268147#Comment_268147

a) How will this combat the "death loop"?

b) When can we expect the patch to hit live? My fingers are itching! ;)
21 Apr 2017, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2017, 14:24 PMDelodax

a) How will this combat the "death loop"?

b) When can we expect the patch to hit live? My fingers are itching! ;)

A) I think the idea is that be changing the mobility of the crew that when a model gets picked off the next man up can run faster to the gun and GTFO before dying and starting the loop. Squad formation I'm less sure about...

B) Should be next Tuesday
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight