Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
18 Apr 2017, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 19:26 PMDelodax

Wasn't the cost lowered to begin with? Can't be that harsh in that case...

Yes, from 35 to 25 - the increase to 30 isn't a big deal so much as the nerf to timing with having to have a truck set up because it makes going Mechanized more difficult again.
18 Apr 2017, 19:53 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Still no news on trip wire flares?
18 Apr 2017, 20:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

How many times it must be said that the USF popcap bypass it's a feature, It's not an "exploit", it works as intended by Relic.

I think you give Relic too much credit for their foresight.
18 Apr 2017, 20:32 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Suppression from 0.00005 to 0.00006
Suppression versus suppressed targets from 0.5 to 0.65
Suppression versus light cover from 0.5 to 0.75
Suppression versus heavy cover from 0.1 to 0.2
Nearby suppression modifier from 0.8 to 1.25

What is going on here? Surely you don't have to change the values vs cover & suppressed squads that all other machine guns use to get the maxim working correctly?
18 Apr 2017, 20:42 PM

Suppression from 0.00005 to 0.00006
Suppression versus suppressed targets from 0.5 to 0.65
Suppression versus light cover from 0.5 to 0.75
Suppression versus heavy cover from 0.1 to 0.2
Nearby suppression modifier from 0.8 to 1.25

What is going on here? Surely you don't have to change the values vs cover & suppressed squads that all other machine guns use to get the maxim working correctly?

Given OKW design, we had to give Maxim long burst to allow OKW infantry to jump back and avoid being locked down by the Maxim.

However, due to the fact that it takes so long to deliver the burst, we found out that the Maxim was hot trash vs blobs (put 5 Volks on top of one another, and right click behind the Maxim; only one will end up being suppressed). This is because you can't afford to change targets easily with the Maxim to suppress (else you cancel out your burst). That explains the suppression vs suppressed modifier, and the AoE suppression modifiers.

The reason why we messed with cover modifiers is because the Maxim deals low base-line suppression (again, to avoid 1-v-1 maxim spam). However giving the Maxim the normal cover modifiers with lower suppression means it wouldn't function in the late-game. Think of it what happens to Vickers MG in the late-game (with cover craters everywhere), and multiply it by the fact that Soviets don't have Tommies; they have Conscripts instead.

Going the third route, which means simply increasing Maxim veterancy to offset terraforming means that if, at any point, your Maxim gets wiped, you no longer have access to reliable suppression when you most need it (i.e., when STG Volks are raping the conscripts). Allowing the Maxim to work OK in the late-game off the bat will ensure that T2 has some merit as a tech tier in the late-game.

PS: If we ever want to make Vickers worthwhile for the late-game we would have to apply similar anti-cover modifiers (if its range goes down, that is).
18 Apr 2017, 21:06 PM

PS: If we ever want to make Vickers worthwhile for the late-game we would have to apply similar anti-cover modifiers (if its range goes down, that is).

I've got a better idea, let it keep the range but give it Vet1 ability that forces it to reload for 20 seconds (once in the beginning and once at the end) and give it +0.000001 increase

Nice!
18 Apr 2017, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 20:07 PMTobis

I think you give Relic too much credit for their foresight.

It's actually because of their lack of foresight why the Vehicle Crew mechanic was seen as okay for units like the Pershing and Calliope.
18 Apr 2017, 21:14 PM

How many times it must be said that the USF popcap bypass it's a feature, It's not an "exploit", it works as intended by Relic.

Popcap bypass is not a feature per se. It's a pragmatic compromise between:
- How much USF late-game sucks anyway
- How much effort it would take to fix the exploit, if that would require reprogramming the core engine

FYI, we have found a way to implement protection against poppcap bypass using some simple mod tools tricks.
18 Apr 2017, 21:20 PM

Popcap bypass is not a feature per se. It's a pragmatic compromise between:
- How much USF late-game sucks anyway
- How much effort it would take to fix the exploit, if that would require reprogramming the core engine

FYI, we have found a way to implement protection against poppcap bypass using some simple mod tools tricks.

I'd gladly give away the feature for some Scope Focus on the Major Tier, specially the M36 Jackson, it shouldn't have less HP than the freaking M10.
18 Apr 2017, 22:05 PM

Building T4 decreases recharge time

LOL, who needs M4C if T4 is built? Or I'm wrong and somebody will build it just to decrease delay? :snfPeter:

the weak British early game

OMGOMG :lol::lol::lol:
18 Apr 2017, 22:12 PM

Seriously? Making the OKW faust 30 muni? Why? It coming later is fine, but the 30 muni cost is lame guys.

you are truly a wheraboo if you think that fausts are okay right now. IMO it should cost even more for a faction that has invisible AT guns with retreat and garrison abilites.
18 Apr 2017, 23:18 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So we're reverting OKW fausts back to pre March 28th patch unlock wise? After the truck has been set up? This is one of the problems why OKW was so weak to light vehicle rushes like M3 flamer clown car. I see no reason for this unless I'm misinterpreting the statement. It could be beginning to setup, but I'd need clarification.

On a side note, feels great when your original patch notes predictions come through over the course of the patch revisions. Comet now 18 and command panther mark target was still overpowered.

18 Apr 2017, 23:21 PM

18 Apr 2017, 23:30 PM

Ok, I'm sick. Don't judge me for getting the OP updated relatively late. :blush:
19 Apr 2017, 08:10 AM

please nerf axis more if you ahve not already i hope maybe the modders will come to senses when allied winrate in gcs is shown
19 Apr 2017, 08:38 AM

Note that, unless we did something wrong, v1.3 is meant to be the final version of the mod. If you guys can get some games going let us know how the Maxim feels, etc.

We require timely feedback.

So we're reverting OKW fausts back to pre March 28th patch unlock wise? After the truck has been set up? This is one of the problems why OKW was so weak to light vehicle rushes like M3 flamer clown car. I see no reason for this unless I'm misinterpreting the statement. It could be beginning to setup, but I'd need clarification.

The thing is that early OKW faust was meant to come at the same time as the other light-vehicle changes that we wanted to introduce in WBP. With the early faust, OKW could feel confident spitting out Volksgrenadiers (without having to worry about pesky rakketens) rendering light vehicles (minus M20) completely useless vs OKW. This left the way wide-open for Kubelwagons.

I know that reverting the faust seems completely lame, since it makes MechHQ starts even less appealing than before. However that's the only thing we were allowed to touch from OKW (which, somehow, completely dodged infantry scaling changes in WBP, and then managed to get through GCS with the overwhelming majority of its cheese untouched). The choice was between making MechHQ less appealing, or keep light-vehicles completely unviable.

This change is meant to be interpreted side-by-side with the overall changes to Brits and, especially, Soviets.

19 Apr 2017, 08:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Note that, unless we did something wrong, v1.3 is meant to be the final version of the mod. If you guys can get some games going let us know how the Maxim feels, etc.

We require timely feedback.

The thing is that early OKW faust was meant to come at the same time as the other light-vehicle changes that we wanted to introduce in WBP. With the early faust, OKW could feel confident spitting out Volksgrenadiers (without having to worry about pesky rakketens) rendering light vehicles (minus M20) completely useless vs OKW. This left the way wide-open for Kubelwagons.

I know that reverting the faust seems completely lame, since it makes MechHQ starts even less appealing than before. However that's the only thing we were allowed to touch from OKW (which, somehow, completely dodged infantry scaling changes in WBP, and then managed to get through GCS with the overwhelming majority of its cheese untouched). The choice was between making MechHQ less appealing, or keep light-vehicles completely unviable.

This change is meant to be interpreted side-by-side with the overall changes to Brits and, especially, Soviets.

Why you dont up price of OKW mark target ?
19 Apr 2017, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 19:26 PMDelodax

Wasn't the cost lowered to begin with? Can't be that harsh in that case...

Yeah from 35 to 25, now they up it again to 30. Still more expensive than the Ostheer version.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS