Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
4 Apr 2017, 18:33 PM

A thing that'd nice and imo not bloat the scope would be if someone capable could go through all salvage/scavenge values. Just to make sure there's nothing crazy like the "salvage ambulance trick" that was described in this forum some days ago. Could really put a damper on the competitive integrity, and ought to be a rsther simple fix, no? Affects sov/okw/brits - or more?
4 Apr 2017, 18:39 PM

First off, shout out to the folks involved with these patches.

Secondly I'm seeing some wrong nerfs in the wrong areas.

Such as the Comet, I think it's range was fine, but it's sniper AI is what's the problem, as well as it being able to tango with a tiger tank, meaning it pens the tiger, the tiger shots bounce off the comet. That shouldn't happen.

This has been fixed mostly by giving the tank more scatter at all ranges and less accuracy on the move..

Secondly, emplacements was never built in the base sector, so there is legit no nerf or change there, the problem with emplacements is the brace. Fix brace to fix emplacements.

Certain maps allowed for emplacements in base sectors to cover 70% of the map without being able to be countered. This was batshit op.

And as for cover artillery, it shouldn't be allowed at all in the base sector, so none of the AOE circle should be able to be in the base sector at all.

Agreed

Firefly ROF needs to be cut by a second (just a quick two cents)

I think it is fine, not really that great of a unit anyway.

Let's talk about the strum tiger/command panthers vet requirements as well, they are atrocious..

I don´t think this is in scope for the current uber fast follow up patch for the GCS tourney.
4 Apr 2017, 20:26 PM
5 Apr 2017, 05:38 AM

Update: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/267536#Comment_267536

Good stuff!
Am I understanding the situation correctly assuming Command Panther will only buff vehicles of allies and no infantry?
5 Apr 2017, 14:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I still dream of the change that reads:

*Fixed UKF Brace ability, brought inline with other factions aka logic.*
- Removed from the fucking game...
5 Apr 2017, 15:30 PM

RIP Soviets if the maxims are overnefed with nothing given to cons. The faction as itself is pretty awful with the recent patches, and the maxim spam is about the only thing that lets them kind of compete with OKW early game.
5 Apr 2017, 17:24 PM

Unfortunately, there are very few people queueing for mod games, which means I haven't had the opportunity to personally test stuff by myself a lot. With few people queuing up, there's bad matchmaking, and I haven't personally faced or used Artillery Cover in a meaningful way.

On paper, however:
- Yes, perhaps gun loader critical duration could get increased, if the ability is UP. However I have no opinion on that, yet.
- The ability should be a decent, affordable generalist ability that covers a big area. The other 50% of doctrine's power should come from the forward observation post ability, which is currently useless.

Loader crit is fine as it is. Tested it a further couple of times. 5 seconds is the sweet spot.

Edit:

Tested the Soviet Sherman call in further as well. 2:30 cool down is too long, 2 minutes would be better.
5 Apr 2017, 18:54 PM

The update looks quite sensible.
5 Apr 2017, 19:00 PM

I still dream of the change that reads:

*Fixed UKF Brace ability, brought inline with other factions aka logic.*
- Removed from the fucking game...

While I agree in spirit, its removal would mean no emplacement play at all, and I do think that the mortar pit, while annoying, does have some role in the game.

New changes look good, some nice fine tuning going on for the units under consideration.
5 Apr 2017, 19:05 PM

5 Apr 2017, 19:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

While I agree in spirit, its removal would mean no emplacement play at all, and I do think that the mortar pit, while annoying, does have some role in the game.

Oh you mean like the PAK43 and every other factions emplacements? Seems fair to me... Boost their HP 25% if you have to, but brace needs to go.
5 Apr 2017, 19:39 PM

Good stuff!
Am I understanding the situation correctly assuming Command Panther will only buff vehicles of allies and no infantry?

When the command panther reaches Vet 5, it can buff infantry. After the patch, however, it will not give as many benefits to infantry as it does to vehicles.
Phy
5 Apr 2017, 20:42 PM

RIP Soviets if the maxims are overnefed with nothing given to cons. The faction as itself is pretty awful with the recent patches, and the maxim spam is about the only thing that lets them kind of compete with OKW early game.
5 Apr 2017, 21:16 PM

after playing some matches usf is literally too strong and no one seems to talk about it...and the papaertank thing is way too overblown...they tanks aren't much different from soviets and ukf tbh......

like the argument is made their infantry needs to be stronger becasue their tanks are weak and its not true at all..they are just different

jackson have low armor but costs much less high dmg and range and very speedy they just have cons and pros for their price

you have tanky tanks like sherman easy 8

pershing is maybe the best heavy tank in the game...

and on top of that you have free officers and over the top infantry and one weaknees they used to have was no access of mortar even thats not an excuse

Haha i dont even.. Maybe brit tanks are strong but Usf ?? Pure paper. When elefant comes out or jagtiger(teamgames) usf late game is garbage, nothing to discuss
6 Apr 2017, 07:19 AM

Oh you mean like the PAK43 and every other factions emplacements? Seems fair to me... Boost their HP 25% if you have to, but brace needs to go.

This means you want UK mortar emplacements to be re-crewable?
6 Apr 2017, 07:47 AM

Played cuple of games. As i said before, without cons buff sovs are bad at early game vs okw. Maxim cant handle with okw.
6 Apr 2017, 07:56 AM

lol what why did you further nerfed command panther...?? give me the reasoing now why we have to pay extra fuel for this just revert these changes its awful....comet isn;t getting much nerf but command panther is geting nerfed to the ground modding balance team showing obvious allied bias
6 Apr 2017, 09:15 AM

lol what why did you further nerfed command panther...?? give me the reasoing now why we have to pay extra fuel for this just revert these changes its awful....comet isn;t getting much nerf but command panther is geting nerfed to the ground modding balance team showing obvious allied bias
lol comet and cromwell going down for real and u say they are allied bias OK
6 Apr 2017, 14:37 PM

Quick question:
When we gonna see population decrease for 17 pounder? It's a dead unit becasue of it.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS