Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
6 Apr 2017, 14:53 PM

and where's the prob?

The problem is that without the mortar pit Brit indirect fire does not arrive until the land mattress. This means that cheese strats, like support weapon only plays would be possible.

Oh you mean like the PAK43 and every other factions emplacements? Seems fair to me... Boost their HP 25% if you have to, but brace needs to go.

The Pak 43 is very niche, and to be fair the 17 pdr is also rare, both suffer from something similar, having a giant AT gun that can't move is always going to become a target for every indirect fire weapon on the map. Now the 17 pdr also costs a fair chunk of fuel so it needs to be better than the pak 43 in someway, although I would be happier if it didn't exist at all.

The only other emplacements I can think of are MG nests and Howies (RIP 20mm flak), both of which are common in the right matchups. While I completely agree that brace requires no skill, it is supposed to be a retreat button for a unit that can't move, and in this way it is trying to be COH. I don't think the brace button is sufficiently COH-like, this should have been a warning to the designer of the unit, and I don't think emplacement play should ever exist because it's lazy.

Brace should be addressed and maybe part of that is reducing flame damage against emplacements but removing brace and maybe forcing some emplacements to be garrisoned to be useful. Don't know, that is something that I need more time to think about.
6 Apr 2017, 14:54 PM

SU combat engineer salvage kit should fix cost for upgrade ?
100 mu too high
7 Apr 2017, 00:03 AM

Brace should be addressed and maybe part of that is reducing flame damage against emplacements but removing brace and maybe forcing some emplacements to be garrisoned to be useful. Don't know, that is something that I need more time to think about.

I don't feel that brace itself is the issue with the emplacements. Brace is annoying but it does end and the cool down is long; once you see an emplacement go on brace just wait with your mortars or what ever for a little bit then start to whack it again while brace is on cool down (you just have to bait them into using the ability).

The real problem is when brace is compounded with how stupid fast/easy the cancer commander can fix his buildings. Add brace + passive repair + increased armour means often you can't even do damage faster than they can repair it. Maybe if the passive repair range was reduced lots then it would be easier to target the forward command repair rather than the emplacement making it more fair I guess.
7 Apr 2017, 13:53 PM

Good stuff!
Am I understanding the situation correctly assuming Command Panther will only buff vehicles of allies and no infantry?

If Vet5, it will only give SOME of the buffs to your OWN infantry (because before inf got all the buffs, which was purely OP). Additionally, at Vet5, allied inf won't get any buffs (allied vehicles still receive everything as usual).
7 Apr 2017, 14:11 PM

If Vet5, it will only give SOME of the buffs to your OWN infantry (because before inf got all the buffs, which was purely OP). Additionally, at Vet5, allied inf won't get any buffs (allied vehicles still receive everything as usual).

Note it's not just own infantry. This includes everything under the sun.

It's every single unit under your control. The list also includes AT guns, MG teams, ISG's, etc. The bonuses that were excluded from the non-vehicle list were broken.

7 Apr 2017, 14:20 PM

nerfed the command panther to ground...why are we paying for extra fuel and manpower also its so difficult for it to get to vet 5 and yet you are nerfing the reward....why not just revert all the changes except mutual kt/jadg exlcusivity and just tie the command panther to teching to t4
7 Apr 2017, 14:47 PM

The problem is that without the mortar pit Brit indirect fire does not arrive until the land mattress. This means that cheese strats, like support weapon only plays would be possible.

The Pak 43 is very niche, and to be fair the 17 pdr is also rare, both suffer from something similar, having a giant AT gun that can't move is always going to become a target for every indirect fire weapon on the map. Now the 17 pdr also costs a fair chunk of fuel so it needs to be better than the pak 43 in someway, although I would be happier if it didn't exist at all.

The only other emplacements I can think of are MG nests and Howies (RIP 20mm flak), both of which are common in the right matchups. While I completely agree that brace requires no skill, it is supposed to be a retreat button for a unit that can't move, and in this way it is trying to be COH. I don't think the brace button is sufficiently COH-like, this should have been a warning to the designer of the unit, and I don't think emplacement play should ever exist because it's lazy.

Brace could be removed but there would be a couple of other changes that would probably need to be made to keep balance.

1) AT rounds should do, at most, 1/4 of their current damage. Rounds from something like a Brumbar (sp?) should do full damage.
2) Flame should be toned down to about 1/2 their current damage.
3) Small arms fire should affect emplacements, even if very slowly like when attacking a cache.
4) Depending on how much coding would be involved, make the crew separate from the weapon. If a player doesn't support an emplacement, it could be decrewed and used against them.

On a slightly different subject, there is a change that I think would help make UKF trenches more fair and a better game mechanic. Allow an engineer with a hazard removal package to remove them in 30-45 seconds. This way overly aggressive trenches are no longer rewarded, especially in early game where there is no easy way to counter them.
7 Apr 2017, 15:16 PM

nerfed the command panther to ground...why are we paying for extra fuel and manpower also its so difficult for it to get to vet 5 and yet you are nerfing the reward....why not just revert all the changes except mutual kt/jadg exlcusivity and just tie the command panther to teching to t4

It still has marked target and the aura still affects vehicles. I haven't tried it in the GCS but think it's probably still worth it.

I like having the command panther not tied into teching. When playing 3's or 4's and facing two or more UKF, I often go double Stukas which is a lot of fuel. I don't have a good counter to the inevitable Comet until the command panther is out, and no good counter to multiple mortar pits without the Stuka.
7 Apr 2017, 16:07 PM

Er, so does this mean that OKW Thorough Salvage now gives more resources - or just fixing Allied Salvage Values?
7 Apr 2017, 16:15 PM

What if you had to have a Garrisoned Unit in order to have a full effect Brace on multiple emplacements (either Strength or Duration) - this cuts down on Sim City cheese because you need to actually build other units to fullly utilize Brace and adds an actual element of Micro to Sim Cities.
7 Apr 2017, 19:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Version 1.2

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/267673#Comment_267673

7 Apr 2017, 20:15 PM

Interesting change to the M10, it will be nice when it's used as a TD to plink away at enemy armor and try to flank, instead of running around like a lawn-mower on the Krauts.
7 Apr 2017, 20:17 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Do note on the M10, which we might be polling at some point, is to return it to its current stats and instead, just outright remove human crush so it maintains its current mobility while losing the lawnmower effect.
7 Apr 2017, 20:31 PM

I have tested it further, for another 4 hours, and the Soviet M4C Sherman call in cooldown is too long at 2:30 minutes. It needs to be 2:00 minutes.

As for the added changes in 1.1 and 1.2: :thumb:
7 Apr 2017, 20:43 PM

M10

Chassis rotation rate reduced from 38 to 32

That's the reason Devm will lose

I guarantee it. mark my words
7 Apr 2017, 20:53 PM

Permanently Banned

That's the reason Devm will lose

I guarantee it. mark my words

Why ?
7 Apr 2017, 20:54 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

UKF
Air Resupply Operation (Tactical Support Regiment)

We find that the mechanics behind how this ability works are not very clear, and players will often fail to make use of the ability properly.

In the live version, for the supply drop to occur, infantry squads need to be present, or enter the highlighted sector. If no infantry squads enters the highlight sector, the ability will cancel with no refund.

To make the ability more straightforward, we are changing it as follows:

The ability can only target captured territory/fuel/munitions points (not victory points).
The airplanes are dispatched immediately, and the supply drop happens at the capture point.

Already have an idea for fix Supply Drop :clap:

esdit: wehr sov
7 Apr 2017, 23:32 PM

Wouldn't mind touching up some of the Brit stuff that is under-performing. Such as IS, Valentine, Sexton, and especially Churchills (all variants with base version needing it the most) with these all these nerf's that is happening. Or is that #OutOfScope? I don't feel nerf-only balance strategies work to balance factions.
7 Apr 2017, 23:46 PM

My worry with the m10 changes is the m10's crushing is a major part of it's value. Nerf it or take it away and the m10 becomes a lot weaker. I agree that the m10 really shouldn't be a crushing vehicle first and a td second, but if you take away half of it's value, you should probably compensate it in some way.
8 Apr 2017, 00:17 AM

M10 ... potency to crush squads.

Remove it? :snfPeter: I'm silent about Cromsteamrollwell now, but on dedicated antitank it's just ridiculous.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS