Login

russian armor

Worst than brace : multiple OKW's flak trucks camping vp

26 Mar 2017, 08:50 AM

People don't seem to understand that while you are trying to destroy the OKW camping spot, they will attack you elsewhere. Also they won't let you destroy their HQ freely. Ever heard of Walking Stuka ? Arty ?

It just buy them time. Not unlike the Bofors i guess...

And the Sturm Tiger/InfraRed halftrack combo? Rush on you forward retreat point !? On some small maps there is no escape (:. no real solutions....

And on city 17 and the the like where there is an ammo point deep, there is the Stuka bombing at will /munition supplies combo... and you can't shout the planes.... but allies supply planes are getting shooted down all the time.

Those are the winning Axis combos to name only those.

What are the Allies one ?

Oh i forgot, it's asymmetric warfare...

The real world : To win the allied players must be significantly better. That's our combo.

Brace.... just a drop in the ocean...

Every time a guy put his schwer near fuel,vp, we lose the game.ALWAYS(in 3vs3 and 4vs4).Soviet just use 2 mortars,at and katyusha.USF can use smoke+bazuka,motor carriage,howitzer,2 op mortar,calliop,priest.UKF can use comet,firefly,at,mortar pit(this one is a pain),land mattress,bofors to suppress engineer mortar cover and then rush with everything.This is l2p(in 3vs3 and 4vs4).If he has a"120 fuel bofors without brace) and you can't kill it with your arty,at,tank,then is your fault.I will never rush 120 fuel so i can repair always and in the worst moment to lose the ability to build obers or panthers, cause king tiger is not the answer for everything. AA ability is not so op.Ostwind can barely kill planes but centaur kills them fast, bofors also kill planes fast.
26 Mar 2017, 09:03 AM

coh2 is (supposed to be) balanced around 1v1, any discussion around team games is pointless.

and why? 1v1 blows
tryhard gamemode

on topic: the real problem is, that it offers way too good AA capability without actually making you invest in a unit to shoot down planes. this is how LELIC destroyed soviet industry commander. THANKS FOR NOTHING
26 Mar 2017, 09:03 AM

Here's my solution to the flak cannon and HQ.

-100-120 munitions for flak cannon no population
-Panzer HQ cost halved but can only call in Obers and maybe jagdpIV
-Upgrade required for the other tanks which brings back the cost to standard levels in total.
-Gun can choose targets.

Finally

-AA no longer based on RNG

Free squads?
You mean the 8 (Lieutenant) + 8 (Captain) + 5 (Major) + 4 (Ambulance) popcap squads the USF gets?

I only talked about popcap cost.

inb4: yes; USF popcap abuse is actually fixable

Make the King Tiger only available when all trucks are UP and OKW players should stop building them on the middle of the map.
26 Mar 2017, 09:15 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Do not allow to build Bofors/TruckFlack on VP
26 Mar 2017, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2017, 09:15 AMcapiqua
Do not allow to build Bofors/TruckFlack on VP

you cannot build emplacements/trucks on VP territory rly
26 Mar 2017, 11:50 AM

While we are at it, could it also be possible to change it penetration values? It is basically the same gun as the Ostwind right? How come it can penetrate T34/76s, Shermans and whatnot? This shouldn't happen.

If it is a different gun, it still shouldn't happen.
26 Mar 2017, 12:43 PM

I can't be the only one who thinks this screams l2p issue right? There's literally so many ways to counter a front line flak hq, artillery, at guns, tanks, call ins... and they lose so much. Certainly "annoying" shouldn't be factored into game balance decisions.

There are other legitimate things that should be addressed first even on OKW like free base AA flak guns, infiltration nades cost and still have scavenging despite reverted nerfs for being a resource starved faction. And also fusiliers over performance.

26 Mar 2017, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2017, 12:43 PMCafo
... And also fusiliers over performance.

Off Topic but:
Fusiliers with G43 are about equal to Penals (better bellow 10 range) yet doctrinal, CP2 and need an 90 MU upgrade...

I find strange that some people ask for an AI weapon upgrade for Penal and some people ask for a nerf to PF.
26 Mar 2017, 12:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2017, 12:45 PMVipper

Off Topic but:
Fusiliers with G43 are about equal to Penals (better bellow 10 range) yet doctrinal, CP2 and need an 90 MU upgrade...

I find strange that some people ask for an AI weapon upgrade for Penal and some people ask for a nerf to PF.

You forgot how OP their veterancy is. And they actually manage vet 5 quite often. With permanent sprint. On your whole blob. You do get it now, don't you? Its like having a whole army of USF officers. Not to mention that fusiliers actually have AT snare, while neither officers nor penals have one.

Btw who asks for penal buffs? Incoming patch is nerfing them in multiple ways. Some people just wanted to have something instead of the flamer that is not as game breaking.
26 Mar 2017, 13:22 PM

You forgot how OP their veterancy is. And they actually manage vet 5 quite often. With permanent sprint. On your whole blob. You do get it now, don't you? Its like having a whole army of USF officers. Not to mention that fusiliers actually have AT snare, while neither officers nor penals have one.

Btw who asks for penal buffs? Incoming patch is nerfing them in multiple ways. Some people just wanted to have something instead of the flamer that is not as game breaking.

Drifting of topic now:
PF are great at vet 5 I will not argue against but, at vet 3 Penal are better the PF.

Penal hit the field earlier and have lower XP Value so they tend to vet faster.

Penal get a snare in march Patch

There is weird theory going around that unit without weapon upgrade become "irreverent in late game" or "do no scale well into late game."

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243778/soviet-infantry-lineup-doesnt-work-ussr#latest

But there is little point debating PF vs Penal in this thread...
26 Mar 2017, 15:11 PM
Donator 11

voltardark and his 4v4 problems lol
26 Mar 2017, 15:13 PM

Good luck as OKW when you lose your Flak HQ and you have to defend against Comets with Pumas and Search Lights... But I guess losing a bofors is also a massive blow to the British army, only poor double-Bren IS and Comets left, what a shame.
26 Mar 2017, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2017, 07:56 AMAyro
You can smoke the front of the HQ and cap that VP.

Just like OKW can do this to UKF.

And OKW is smoking a Bofors with what, exactly?
26 Mar 2017, 15:36 PM

and why? 1v1 blows
tryhard gamemode

on topic: the real problem is, that it offers way too good AA capability without actually making you invest in a unit to shoot down planes. this is how LELIC destroyed soviet industry commander. THANKS FOR NOTHING

Because 1v1 is the base, you can t balance 4v4 and except the smaller size batlle to be also balanced.

On the other hand, a well balanced 1v1 will induce a well balanced 2v2 and a "okayish" 4v4.

+ competition are mostly around 1v1.

Ask mr smith & the other wbp patch maker about how easy it is to balance coh2 by starting with 4v4 instead of 1v1.
26 Mar 2017, 15:40 PM

Didn t read all the post, only the guy answering to me but it seems that the lack of knowledge on coh2 is a major issue when some people speak about balance.

To the guy saying okw should smoke bofor to cap vp : tell me how u do that :rofl:
aaa
26 Mar 2017, 15:48 PM

Here's my solution to the flak cannon and HQ.

-100-120 munitions for flak cannon no population
-Panzer HQ cost halved but can only call in Obers and maybe jagdpIV
-Upgrade required for the other tanks which brings back the cost to standard levels in total.
-Gun can choose targ

Plz dont try to decieve.
that is absolutely nothing of a nerf. Dont forget OKW and OH have a cheapest unlock of every unit type.

OKW FLAk truck must have a cost that isnt mixed with unit unlock. That is already cheapest. So additional price of bofos to okw flak truck. And slightly lower performqnce since bofos is build manualy.
26 Mar 2017, 15:50 PM

I know most of you guys probably don't care...
... But what about the animation? When the Flack Truck is being set up, it has a fancy animation, where 2 little soldiers climb around on it and set up the stuff.
It would make no sense if they set it up and then stand ready to fire, but then wouldn't be able to fire before a magical upgrade allows them to... o_O

I always die a little bit inside when I see little inconsistent things like that, which is why I love this guy's threads so much: Example 1, Example 2.

26 Mar 2017, 15:54 PM

And OKW is smoking a Bofors with what, exactly?

That's the point :bananadance:
26 Mar 2017, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2017, 15:50 PMFluffi
I know most of you guys probably don't care...
... But what about the animation? When the Flack Truck is being set up, it has a fancy animation, where 2 little soldiers climb around on it and set up the stuff.
It would make no sense if they set it up and then stand ready to fire, but then wouldn't be able to fire before a magical upgrade allows them to... o_O

It makes sence, they set up a fighting position, but because OKW is late war Axis faction having problems with resource managements and especially munnition arrivals, and then they have to wait until munnition arrives.

I think 1 truck cannot bring both flakcannon and munnition for it up to a battlefield.

Once you upgrade the flak HQ to fire, they should add few munition crates around to represent arrived supplies
26 Mar 2017, 16:38 PM

To the guy saying okw should smoke bofor to cap vp : tell me how u do that :rofl:

With those copious amounts of Falls you see OKW-players use in every match... Kappa

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2017, 15:48 PMaaa

that is absolutely nothing of a nerf. Dont forget OKW and OH has a cheapest unlock of every unit type.

FactionTier ITier II /Subtech ITier IIITier IV /Subtech IITotal w/o upgradesTotal w/ upgrades
Ostheer80MP/10F200MP/40F + 100MP/40F240MP/60F + 100MP/45F200MP/50F + 100MP/45F1020MP/270F(+150MP/60A for medic bunker -> 1170MP/60A/270F
OKW200MP/25F + 100MP/15F200MP/50F + 100MP/15F200MP/120F + 100MP/15F900MP/240F1400MP/270F
Soviets160MP/10F160MP/20F240MP/85F240MP/90F800MP/205F1300MP/245F
America200MP/50F200MP/60F240MP/120F640MP/230F940MP/270F (+250MP/10F for Amublance -> 1190MP/280F)
Brits180MP/30F100MP/15F280MP/115F200MP/50F760MP/210F1210MP/275F (+30A for med-kits -> 1210MP/30A/275F)

Ah yes. Cheapest unlocks. And quickest too, especially if we completely ignore that some factions have twice the effort of teching due to "researching" a tier or vehicle first. Seriously, your attempts at throwing bollocks around have gotten quite low recently...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★