Login

russian armor

Salvage Farming

22 Mar 2017, 15:33 PM

And what you will be do with that ammo, only with one bomb ability ? Its not CAS doc, its can be help in some situations, but to be hones abuse thing like this, is hard imo.

What a dumb post........ there is so much wrong with it I won't even attempt to explain

BOT

This needs to be looked at in the next upcoming patch. The potential to abuse is major

22 Mar 2017, 16:14 PM

just make ambos reward 50 munitions and it will be ok.

this whole salvage thing is a bit dumb to be honest...
22 Mar 2017, 16:15 PM

Permanently Banned

What a dumb post........ there is so much wrong with it I won't even attempt to explain

BOT

This needs to be looked at in the next upcoming patch. The potential to abuse is major

I fail in some moment, coz i forget taht we talk not about soviet ability, but about brit :snfPeter:.
But thanks for you opinion :snfBarton:. I see nothing change in you mind :).
23 Mar 2017, 00:57 AM

BOT

Good to know that multiple Sturmtigers by one player isn't an issue but farming ambulances is absolutely terrifying........
23 Mar 2017, 11:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2017, 00:57 AMGrumpy

Good to know that multiple Sturmtigers by one player isn't an issue but farming ambulances is absolutely terrifying........

With how broken party cover is, absolutely. Think about it this way. How long does it take for a cache (200mp) to give that amount of munition? For 250mp + 10f you are getting medics + 200 muni, that's a great deal.
23 Mar 2017, 11:30 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2017, 00:57 AMGrumpy

+1
23 Mar 2017, 11:33 AM

Gosh, how can you have balls to say those 2 things are comparable.
23 Mar 2017, 11:34 AM

Permanently Banned

With how broken party cover is, absolutely. Think about it this way. How long does it take for a cache (200mp) to give that amount of munition? For 250mp + 10f you are getting medics + 200 muni, that's a great deal.

But man, to be honest its again double standarts, 3 or times i meet that players abuse thung with ST and still no fix for it stuff. This bug with ST destroy game too. And how many you see abuse med for brits ?
23 Mar 2017, 11:41 AM

Great logic lets not fix anything because every faction has something they can exploit...
23 Mar 2017, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

But man, to be honest its again double standarts, 3 or times i meet that players abuse thung with ST and still no fix for it stuff. This bug with ST destroy game too. And how many you see abuse med for brits ?

You are still paying the full cost of the Sturmtiger to get a 2nd one. Abandon through reload is a bug, but not if they also spend munition and time to do so through repair emergency. USF can also donate vehicles to allies and i'm not seeing people complaining about it on the forums.

How many people do you see abusing this as SU? No one mention it cause it's not a meta choice and the munition expenditure is less impactful (bomb drop). You also need like 100 (?) munition to get it rolling on a single squad. 450mp for 2 engineers with minesweeper + salvage which can then on top of it add double weapons (mostly PIATS) or recrew things (weapon drop early on) is good.

Salvage values had been a mess since quite a lot of time but it was "KINDA" balanced when it was on a niche commander. When you have OP ability to use that munition, that's a completely different story.

To put things in perspective, IF Forward HQ from SU was on more commanders, specially on one which could combine infantry + call in tanks, then more people would complain about it (remember, damage modifiers are bad, specially when combined with indirect weapons).

TL;DR: salvage in general is messed up. Combine that with 60 second huge area denial IWIN button and it makes a niche ability into something stupid.
23 Mar 2017, 12:59 PM

Permanently Banned

You are still paying the full cost of the Sturmtiger to get a 2nd one. Abandon through reload is a bug, but not if they also spend munition and time to do so through repair emergency. USF can also donate vehicles to allies and i'm not seeing people complaining about it on the forums.

How many people do you see abusing this as SU? No one mention it cause it's not a meta choice and the munition expenditure is less impactful (bomb drop). You also need like 100 (?) munition to get it rolling on a single squad. 450mp for 2 engineers with minesweeper + salvage which can then on top of it add double weapons (mostly PIATS) or recrew things (weapon drop early on) is good.

Salvage values had been a mess since quite a lot of time but it was "KINDA" balanced when it was on a niche commander. When you have OP ability to use that munition, that's a completely different story.

To put things in perspective, IF Forward HQ from SU was on more commanders, specially on one which could combine infantry + call in tanks, then more people would complain about it (remember, damage modifiers are bad, specially when combined with indirect weapons).

TL;DR: salvage in general is messed up. Combine that with 60 second huge area denial IWIN button and it makes a niche ability into something stupid.

Like i say its double standart, you dont care about ST bug coz its cost full price. Ye, but its dont change that fact that is game broken. Its same like with com panther, obers, get vet for them is not easy, but when you do it its OP units. The problem are with that there is a possibility to get things like that. Fix both side units or dont fix them all.
23 Mar 2017, 13:21 PM

I am sure Relic leads a world wide conspiracy against the Soviet Union and that is why Soviet units in game are so bad.

Their ultimate goal is destroy the Soviet union via a video game.

Oups wait a minute there is not Soviet Union anymore. Relic must have done a great job then.
23 Mar 2017, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2017, 11:41 AMVipper
Great logic lets not fix anything because every faction has something they can exploit...

+1 :sibHeart:
23 Mar 2017, 13:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Farming ambulances? Now I've read everything. :rofl:

It beats Vickerscope, I think, and that was pretty strange.
23 Mar 2017, 22:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Like i say its double standart, you dont care about ST bug coz its cost full price. Ye, but its dont change that fact that is game broken. Its same like with com panther, obers, get vet for them is not easy, but when you do it its OP units. The problem are with that there is a possibility to get things like that. Fix both side units or dont fix them all.

You are still missing a point.

IT SEEMS that the reload abandon should not be happening (2016 June 23rd)
"Removed the random abandon critical from SturmTiger that could happen during reload."

Now getting that fixed is also asking for a buff to the Sturmtiger. People using this to abandon a ST, are seemingly using a bug.

NOW, there's a crap niche ability that will make this whole discussion pointless, cause it's part of the same commander.
4CP - Emergency Repairs
"Vehicle crews gain the ability to repair critical damage on their vehicles. The crew is very vulnerable during this repair procedure."

If someone gets this done through this method, then it's "working as intended". Same as abusing USF decrew mechanic to either gift vehicles or reduce popcap.

We could buff this ability by making it repair the tank and remove crits. In case someone shoots at the tank, we could replace the abandon with other related crew criticals (loader/driver/gunner injured).

About double standards. If i have someone with smallpox and some other with just a normal flu, rest assure that i'm gonna threat the first patient sooner than the 2nd one.
Brits are gonna be the new cancer on this patch and :banana: party cover :banana: is still gonna rule the automatch.

In case you say it's bad balance, i'm gonna tell you that it's true but only in part. If we can somehow treat all vehicles equally by category or cost, then ambulance wreck cost should go to 200 or less so it gives the same amount of munition as other light vehicles (around 100).

Note: i guess you could also slight abuse the bren carrier [260mp for 100 muni and 5f (?)].
Munition caches are +5/min right? It would still be a great deal (takes 20min to get 100 muni from that cache)

23 Mar 2017, 23:12 PM

Permanently Banned

You are still missing a point.

IT SEEMS that the reload abandon should not be happening (2016 June 23rd)

Now getting that fixed is also asking for a buff to the Sturmtiger. People using this to abandon a ST, are seemingly using a bug.

NOW, there's a crap niche ability that will make this whole discussion pointless, cause it's part of the same commander.

If someone gets this done through this method, then it's "working as intended". Same as abusing USF decrew mechanic to either gift vehicles or reduce popcap.

We could buff this ability by making it repair the tank and remove crits. In case someone shoots at the tank, we could replace the abandon with other related crew criticals (loader/driver/gunner injured).

About double standards. If i have someone with smallpox and some other with just a normal flu, rest assure that i'm gonna threat the first patient sooner than the 2nd one.
Brits are gonna be the new cancer on this patch and :banana: party cover :banana: is still gonna rule the automatch.

In case you say it's bad balance, i'm gonna tell you that it's true but only in part. If we can somehow treat all vehicles equally by category or cost, then ambulance wreck cost should go to 200 or less so it gives the same amount of munition as other light vehicles (around 100).

Note: i guess you could also slight abuse the bren carrier [260mp for 100 muni and 5f (?)].
Munition caches are +5/min right? It would still be a great deal (takes 20min to get 100 muni from that cache)

I udenstand you :).
24 Mar 2017, 00:10 AM

I'd agree that it is a good trade, but it comes at the expense of not one person having a good late-game tank against heavy armor, unless you really want to try to compare the Sherman to the Panther. I play a lot of USF and don't really have a lot of fun in longer games because I have no good counters to an Elefant or JT on an open map. There is a reason why people see a lot of bazooka blobs and Calliopes. I've been on both sides of that and it's not fun for either side.
nee
24 Mar 2017, 00:20 AM

But don't the salvage values of British sappers depend on health of the wreck? It's more often rare that I come across a wrecked tank that's even close to full health, so everytime I bother to use them I'd always get less than the stated amount.

I can't imagine ambulance giving that much muni for like the few seconds I could afford to salvage them.
24 Mar 2017, 02:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2017, 00:10 AMGrumpy

I'd agree that it is a good trade, but it comes at the expense of not one person having a good late-game tank against heavy armor, unless you really want to try to compare the Sherman to the Panther. I play a lot of USF and don't really have a lot of fun in longer games because I have no good counters to an Elefant or JT on an open map. There is a reason why people see a lot of bazooka blobs and Calliopes. I've been on both sides of that and it's not fun for either side.

Elefant is manageable with 70 range. Zook and AT guns or medium spam with smoke canisters work great.
I've argued before that JT should have more weakness for having 85 range.

This is why i'm in favour of removing clutches from no brainer/no micro units (mortar pit, party cover and JT are just examples).

Again, you don't need late game tanks when you can just put a 60s denial zone for all infantry, support weapons and heavily damage and debuff tanks.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2017, 00:20 AMnee
But don't the salvage values of British sappers depend on health of the wreck? It's more often rare that I come across a wrecked tank that's even close to full health, so everytime I bother to use them I'd always get less than the stated amount.

I can't imagine ambulance giving that much muni for like the few seconds I could afford to salvage them.

Can't you just salvage abandon vehicles? You could also just kill an ambulance with small arm fire (easily and quickly).
24 Mar 2017, 03:20 AM

Elefant is manageable with 70 range. Zook and AT guns or medium spam with smoke canisters work great.
I've argued before that JT should have more weakness for having 85 range.

This is why i'm in favour of removing clutches from no brainer/no micro units (mortar pit, party cover and JT are just examples).

Again, you don't need late game tanks when you can just put a 60s denial zone for all infantry, support weapons and heavily damage and debuff tanks.

Can't you just salvage abandon vehicles? You could also just kill an ambulance with small arm fire (easily and quickly).

The decrease in pop cap has made it easy to support the JT with PanzerFusiliers, P4, other tanks, etc. Attack ground through smoke still hits tanks so I'd be surprised if medium tanks could do much pushing against a supported JT, even with smoke. The only things that I've found to work are bazooka blobs with double Calliope to strip away the infantry support. In short, you have to get a JT badly out of position or screw up some other way really badly to lose it.

Also, for as much talk about how broken arty cover is, Stuka loiter is worse and costs less. Here is a screenshot of the remnants of 4 Shermans caught by a Stuka loiter. At least arty cover gives a long warning. It works mostly as area denial unless someone chooses to stand in it. Stuka loiter hits fast enough that some things like ambulances cannot get away and even some Shermans will get destroyed while retreating. With arty cover, you can at least back up and wait until it is gone. I've posted replays of my team beating people with up to around 8 Comets and double arty cover.

Stuka loiter is currently bugged and destroys stuff well outside the circle. I've had it drop on the center vp of Kholodny and had it loiter all the way back to my ambulance back at my base, then wipe 3 squads and the ambulance.

Here is a screenshot of the remnants of 4 Shermans caught by a Stuka loiter.
[url=][img="http://i63.tinypic.com/fmnj37.jpg" alt=""]
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
Russian Federation 49
unknown 45
United States 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L