Login

russian armor

Salvage Farming

20 Mar 2017, 18:14 PM

Is it an exploit to farm ambulances and other vehicles to salvage them with recovery sappers, and then use the resources to spam arty cover? I think this is my new favorite 2v2 strat. Build some mortar pits and stall, then farm ambulances and rain down near perpetual arty cover. You're pretty much only limited by the cool down as long as the USF player can spare ambulances.
20 Mar 2017, 18:23 PM

Never heard of this before. What's the returns on those ambulances?
20 Mar 2017, 18:34 PM
20 Mar 2017, 19:01 PM

Never heard of this before. What's the returns on those ambulances?

They are 200 MU each (not sure the exact value since my ally is the British player). So basically you are trading the cost of an ambulance to call down arty cover.
20 Mar 2017, 19:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is it an exploit to farm other vehicles to salvage them with recovery sappers, and then use the resources to spam arty cover?

Nope

Is it an exploit to farm ambulances

Definitely. Why?

They are 200 MU each

The reason.
20 Mar 2017, 19:24 PM

Is that out of whack with other salvage values? I mean if Relic intended them to be worth that much, wouldn't it just be poor balance?
20 Mar 2017, 21:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Is that out of whack with other salvage values? I mean if Relic intended them to be worth that much, wouldn't it just be poor balance?

It's kind of a grey area, where you could argue that Relic actually meant 20 muni and did a typo.

Same thing with heroic charge, something aint right here.
20 Mar 2017, 21:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If someones wants to point out where are the salvages values for vehicles i'll gladly look at some of them (cause i'm not sure if what i'm looking at is correct)

If what i'm looking at is correct, while i not know 100% how much salvage gives you and how it works
, the values are all over the place.

For MOST vehicles it seems to share certain resemble of the original cost of the unit (mp and fuel wise). In the case of certain light vehicles, i think someone screw around.
Try to salvage Kubel, IR HT, Flak HT, 251 HT, 250 HT for Axis and M20, M15 AA HT, Bren Carrier or Dodge.

Old but gold:
A ton of wrecks are missing wreck values and are thus unsalvageable for soviet tank hunter & brit tac ops salvaging. Wreck values are nonsensical in many cases (USF Ambulance is highest value salvage for munitions in the game, panther wreck is less valuable than a sherman wreck, etc). Numbers shown while salvaging don't really make any sense to the player either.

In particular almost no brew_up wrecks have cost, they can still be salvaged by OKW but not by brits or soviets.

Several wrecks lack the salvageable_object type which makes OKW salvage not work on them (Soviet Sherman, B4)

Cruzz.
21 Mar 2017, 07:02 AM

Would be great if this was brought to attention to Relic. Should be easy enough to fix. WBP late addition? :p
21 Mar 2017, 08:38 AM

The same value applies for the Soviet engineer salvage ability in the anti tank commander, ive tested the values for Lenny's guide 2 years ago but arty cover is probably more abusable than the IL-2 PTAB Anti-Tank Bombing Run

Also Lenny didnt want to include the ambulance salvage values since it could be abused :sibHyena:

21 Mar 2017, 10:05 AM

might as well abuse it :new:
21 Mar 2017, 17:06 PM

so do u like get your partner to buy them or something? how often and consistent will this work? it dont seem that good to me, but rare reward if u find a broken one
21 Mar 2017, 18:24 PM

so do u like get your partner to buy them or something? how often and consistent will this work? it dont seem that good to me, but rare reward if u find a broken one

It works every single time as long as you don't destroy the wreck.

It trades 250 MP 10 FU for 200 MU, which makes it the most favorable resource transfer in the game. The old fuel to ammo CAS ability, which was deemed too OP to keep existing, returned 150 MU for 50 FU. The Luftwaffe supply drops bring in (IIRC) 150 MU for 200 MP, which is close, but this is still way better since it can't be stolen.
21 Mar 2017, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It trades 250 MP 10 FU for 200 MU, which makes it the most favorable resource transfer in the game. The old fuel to ammo CAS ability, which was deemed too OP to keep existing, returned 150 MU for 50 FU. The Luftwaffe supply drops bring in (IIRC) 150 MU for 200 MP, which is close, but this is still way better since it can't be stolen.

It's even less, cause you can "use" the medics to cap/fight/recrew something. Can you salvage abandon vehicles right? Is it the same return ?
21 Mar 2017, 18:37 PM

It's even less, cause you can "use" the medics to cap/fight/recrew something. Can you salvage abandon vehicles right? Is it the same return ?

That is a great point. Just bail the medics out and you haven't even lost the healing, and you get a squad that can cap etc.

For me this isn't a major consideration because we farm so many ambulances that after the first one or two, we don't want the medics since there's too many of them.
21 Mar 2017, 21:06 PM

Return for this ability should be looked at and standardized for vehicle's class. They should not be considerably more effective than OKW salvage.
21 Mar 2017, 21:37 PM

So, OP, you are saying that an ambulance gives the Brit player 200 muni in return for 200mp and 10fu?

That's OP as Fuck!
21 Mar 2017, 23:33 PM

Permanently Banned

It trades 250 MP 10 FU for 200 MU, which makes it the most favorable resource transfer in the game. The old fuel to ammo CAS ability, which was deemed too OP to keep existing, returned 150 MU for 50 FU. The Luftwaffe supply drops bring in IIRC) 150 MU for 200 MP, which is close, but this is still way better since it can't be stolen.

And what you will be do with that ammo, only with one bomb ability ? Its not CAS doc, its can be help in some situations, but to be hones abuse thing like this, is hard imo.
22 Mar 2017, 00:14 AM

So, OP, you are saying that an ambulance gives the Brit player 200 muni in return for 200mp and 10fu?

That's OP as Fuck!

Ambu costs 250mp and 10 fuel. 237 and 9 with the bulletin :snfPeter: still worth SeemsGood
22 Mar 2017, 00:39 AM

And what you will be do with that ammo, only with one bomb ability ? Its not CAS doc, its can be help in some situations, but to be hones abuse thing like this, is hard imo.

It's hard to abuse arty cover? I find it pretty easy to abuse arty cover...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★