Login

russian armor

Help me to improve 2

19 Mar 2017, 13:07 PM

The situation was pretty fine for me but I was rekt by AEC and saper squad spam
Imo there were mistakes in my build order and choice of commander and here I definitely need advice of experienced players. What should I have done instead?
Thank you in advance
P.S: The map is "lost glider". The game itself is pretty intense

19 Mar 2017, 14:17 PM

veto map. OKW winrate on that maps is probably 10%
19 Mar 2017, 17:28 PM

Alright, watched the replay and i can safely say that the first puma and stuka was a wasted, with that fuel you spent on those vehicles, you could've put up the T4 in the right side fuel protecting your fuel and the VP, and probably gotten a p4 out when his first or second AEC came up.

Your enemy was relying heavily on the AT guns and planted no mines on his flanks or roads. You did fairly well at start with the spios beating the 2 IS, pretty much did wonderfully in the early/mid game but like I said T4 instead of the puma/stuka would've gg'd the game in the long run.

One tip i can give you would be as OKW try to get to T4 as soon as possible and always pay attention to everywhere you lost 1-2 volks to the Vickers while your guys where standing there pinned, true there were other big engagements while those happened but little wipes like that can add up in the long run.

Overall i'd say just keep playing and try to give each squad a control group as well as using the Tac-Map(Numpad 0) for better micro.
19 Mar 2017, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2017, 17:28 PMEarth
Alright, watched the replay and i can safely say that the first puma and stuka was a wasted, with that fuel you spent on those vehicles, you could've put up the T4 in the right side fuel protecting your fuel and the VP, and probably gotten a p4 out when his first or second AEC came up.

Your enemy was relying heavily on the AT guns and planted no mines on his flanks or roads. You did fairly well at start with the spios beating the 2 IS, pretty much did wonderfully in the early/mid game but like I said T4 instead of the puma/stuka would've gg'd the game in the long run.

One tip i can give you would be as OKW try to get to T4 as soon as possible and always pay attention to everywhere you lost 1-2 volks to the Vickers while your guys where standing there pinned, true there were other big engagements while those happened but little wipes like that can add up in the long run.

Overall i'd say just keep playing and try to give each squad a control group as well as using the Tac-Map(Numpad 0) for better micro.

Well thank you very much for your feedback.
T4 would have been really great instead of that sh!tty vehicle build I'd made. Stuka did literally nothing in this game.
I'll try to make buld T4 asap next time.
I actually use tac-map but I don't know how i lost those squads
Thank you very much one more time I really appreciate your pieces of advice
22 Mar 2017, 09:27 AM
Strategist Badge

The situation was pretty fine for me but I was rekt by AEC and saper squad spam
Imo there were mistakes in my build order and choice of commander and here I definitely need advice of experienced players. What should I have done instead?
Thank you in advance
P.S: The map is "lost glider". The game itself is pretty intense

Earth is a good player and he has most likely given you good advice but as its .org policy to have at least one official strategist give you a review I'll do it later today (GMT). Hope this isn't too late!

22 Mar 2017, 14:06 PM

Earth is a good player and he has most likely given you good advice but as its .org policy to have at least one official strategist give you a review I'll do it later today (GMT). Hope this isn't too late!

It will be great actually thank you in advance!
24 Mar 2017, 11:43 AM
Strategist Badge

It will be great actually thank you in advance!

Just to let you know i am having a great deal of problems with my home computer so it may be a while before i can get around to doing this. As such I will put your replay back on the list for needing a review so one of the other Strategists can do it if they have time.

Sorry about this delay and if i do get myself back up and running in good time ill be sure to come back and give you advice. If you have any more replays to post feel free to continue to add them!

24 Mar 2017, 15:47 PM

No problem Finndeed. I can take a look at this replay tonight.
24 Mar 2017, 21:37 PM

Hi Munchkin I understand your frustration over this loss. I think it came down to two things: (1) failure to preserve squads and (2) not adapting to the strategy he pulled against you.

In the early game you dominated the board. In spite of this you got a rakenten very quickly, even though you could only just have built a luchs so there was no way he was going to get an AEC out. Then you got a stuka, which is good, but you didn't use it to wipe weapon teams but focused on the squads you saw appear. I would save it for the AT guns when you engage in combat. Finally, you got a puma, which you really didn't need since he had only 1 AEC and you could easily have pushed it away with your double rakentens at this point.

You also did not manage to take a single weapon from him, which I think here let him claw back into the game.

When you saw lots of MGs I thought for sure you would immediately start to play against his support weapons, but you continued to fight as if you were fighting IS sections. In this case going for Jaegers earlier or skipping the mech and getting the Ostwind instead, or going a different commander are all options. For sure you could have gone double kubels and gotten Fusilliers to really be annoying.

You got a late Puma which I disagree with entirely.

Your decision to get an MG34 was also confusing. He was mostly MGs and they were in buildings. Vickers are way better than the 34, and they have vet before you do so you could not even shoot at them. Consider infantry instead.

Your use of the commander was pretty limited I see lots of possibilities to put more pressure on him there.

Not going for T4 is not my recommended, but it can be done, especially with Salvage cmdr, but you really could have gone for a fast P4 too. You were so far ahead in fuel.

Generally my comments are ways to improve, I think your gameplay was actually pretty good. Do work on keeping those squads alive and be careful of those wipes, but in general pretty good stuff. Also try to take more things on the field, steal guns or salvage them don't let him keep them around. Even use a Stuka shot if you have to destroy AT guns.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
unknown 23
Mexico 16
Germany 867

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %