Login

russian armor

I want to love CoH2 - the Seven-Year itch

3 Aug 2013, 08:21 AM
Patrion 27

I haven't played in about two weeks and I just read through the new patch notes and I gotta say... they're OK but don't seem like enough. I want a lobby so I can smoothly have rematches with people. The leaderboard is less of an issue for me but I also want to see that ASAP.
3 Aug 2013, 15:07 PM

Hello.

I like CoH2. However, despite a near seven-year addiction to the franchise I feel my passion waning. I keep looking at other games out of the corner of my eye, imagining what it would be like to spend more time with them. I'm also seeing an old flame occasionally, on the QT (she's called vCoH).

Why is this? How can I keep the love alive? I'm hardly a flash-in-the-pan or fairweather CoH fan. And there's lots I love about CoH2. I just want to get our mojo back.

You are experiencing the classical 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. From your post, I assume that you are somewhere between bargaining and depression. What you should do is play Coh casually with your friends, while keeping an eye open for new games. Rockpapershotgun.com is a good place for that. With time you will accept that Coh2 is not as good as the original, and that is ok, because Coh was the best game there ever has been in my opinion. If this helps: a lot of people feel the same way as you do. Upon release, 20,000 people played Coh2 on steam. That number has already dwindled to 6,000. Maybe it's time to move on to other games/hobbies before the wait time for finding a good game increases dramatically?

3 Aug 2013, 15:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I haven't played in about two weeks and I just read through the new patch notes and I gotta say... they're OK but don't seem like enough. I want a lobby so I can smoothly have rematches with people. The leaderboard is less of an issue for me but I also want to see that ASAP.

You can add them on steam or send them a profile message as well since you can see their profile in the stats
3 Aug 2013, 18:31 PM
Patrion 27

You can add them on steam or send them a profile message as well since you can see their profile in the stats

Thanks for the tip but the keyword here is "smoothly." To not be able to easily add them in-game and maybe even send them a challenge for a rematch ala Magic Online is pretty ridiculous IMO.

EDIT: Just fired up the game and HOLY CRAP!!! the unit delay decrease is worth the update alone. My men are actually responding to orders! you can throw a molotov and micro away before it even hits.

IT also appears the Maxim has had a range nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★