Login

russian armor

ISU 152, Jagd and Ferdinand. Why don't they share range.

14 Mar 2017, 20:29 PM

Well especially on 3v3+ the whole map usually eventually gets filled with caches, but most of the time allies are more manpower-stricken in my experience. Although this might be due to the fact that when I play okw I play aggressive like allies and try to bleed them as much as I can, since it's annoying as hell as allies to have that done to you (and I'm tbh mostly an allies player). It did also sound like you were saying okw still got that reduced fuel income, but that's just a simple misunderstanding.

Okw does also get to salvage their own kubelspam and other people's shitty team weapon spam, as stated above.

Yes thats true, but in 2v2 - with the current state of Ost - two OKWs is not too surprising = no caches. For 3v3 and 4v4 I cant speak, but balance in those modi is broken anyways or at least totally different from 2v2s.
15 Mar 2017, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2017, 20:29 PMGarrett

Yes thats true, but in 2v2 - with the current state of Ost - two OKWs is not too surprising = no caches. For 3v3 and 4v4 I cant speak, but balance in those modi is broken anyways or at least totally different from 2v2s.

It's just a remnant of the poorly thought out rework of OKW ages ago.

Originally OKW had some unique mechanics regarding fuel/munitions as I'm sure you know. When the rework was done it pretty much totaly devalued improved salvage as an ability and on top of that it appears no thought was put into the need for caches.

Sad face.
17 Mar 2017, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2017, 04:52 AMNano

It's just a remnant of the poorly thought out rework of OKW ages ago.

Originally OKW had some unique mechanics regarding fuel/munitions as I'm sure you know. When the rework was done it pretty much totaly devalued improved salvage as an ability and on top of that it appears no thought was put into the need for caches.

Sad face.

I guess this is true. Although (it may however just be my allied bias) I think there's something to be said about the fact that the faction with one of the most cost effective mainline infantry, arguably the best tanks, and a nondoctrinal heavy does not get to build caches.
17 Mar 2017, 19:46 PM

I guess this is true. Although (it may however just be my allied bias) I think there's something to be said about the fact that the faction with one of the most cost effective mainline infantry, arguably the best tanks, and a nondoctrinal heavy does not get to build caches.

Yes, that makes sense. But then, within this context it makes (or at least made) sense that the JT has higher range than the ISU and Elefant.
17 Mar 2017, 20:00 PM

I'm not so sure OKW has the most cost efficient mainline infantry. Early game, sure, but rifles definitely outscale them so long as they get bars to match up to the stgs.

I'd also argue that penals are waaaay more cost efficient but people tend to think they're suppowed to be like panzer grens or shock troopers or something. Tommies can easily be cost effective in the same ways as rifles, but bolstering squads and weapon racks scale that cost efficiency down a bit.

I would never call Sturm pioneers or obers cost efficient. Panzerfusiliers are the only doctrinal okw unit I'd call cost effective.

They do have that KT though, which alone might be reason enough for okw to not have easier fuel access.
17 Mar 2017, 20:10 PM

cost efficient infantry for OKW lol and best tanks in the game awards goes to brits they can shut down any late game okw tank play
17 Mar 2017, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2017, 20:10 PMAlphrum
cost efficient infantry for OKW lol and best tanks in the game awards goes to brits they can shut down any late game okw tank play

I agree, I think the KT is overrated. Its not bad, but its just a single tank that (rightfully) loses against a tank swarm.
17 Mar 2017, 22:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Meh, the "reason" is scavenge. It's not about the resources you get out of it, but denying support weapons from your opponent.

I wouldn't mind seeing the resource conversion back for OKW but with a slight change. Instead of swapping fuel for muni or viceversa, it should lower mp gain for any of either resource.
18 Mar 2017, 00:55 AM

Meh, the "reason" is scavenge. It's not about the resources you get out of it, but denying support weapons from your opponent.

Scavenge is just a relic of the convert mechanic and advance scavenge used to be a really attractive ability when you we're trading all your munitions away, but these days its just meh... Poorly thought out rework.

I like the idea of trading man power. But then adjust scavenge accordingly would be great too.
18 Mar 2017, 15:21 PM

ive been using the 152 on purpose on games im up or winning and losing in the very end last mins bc its just not good enough vs tier 4 its really not . i like using guards and the bulletins the 85s are sooo much better
the anti inf rounds are the only thing this has going for it .. so that being said just protect it with at guns or 76s for the time being.. its succesfull for me with marked vehichle and button . my micro just not good enough .. noob lol
25 Mar 2017, 18:07 PM

isu? useless and redundant. if they are used in a winning game, chances are su85 can do it better and cheaper.

jt and elefants at least has some use against allies as they can outrange and out damage all allied AT tanks.

comets and advanced mediums with jacksons/fireflies/su85s are the only way to go against axis armor.

until jt or elefants, then its hordes and hordes of piats/bazookas with the occasional TD shot, gotta use infantry to bully these heavy AT guns force them out of position then bring in the big guns to smash them up.
31 Mar 2017, 17:03 PM

I'm an axis fanboy but I've never been afraid of a 152 and I've never seen one do exceptionally well in any match. I don't rush it with infantry, but it's easy targets for tanks.
1 Apr 2017, 04:57 AM

I'm not so sure OKW has the most cost efficient mainline infantry. Early game, sure, but rifles definitely outscale them so long as they get bars to match up to the stgs.

I'd also argue that penals are waaaay more cost efficient but people tend to think they're suppowed to be like panzer grens or shock troopers or something. Tommies can easily be cost effective in the same ways as rifles, but bolstering squads and weapon racks scale that cost efficiency down a bit.

I would never call Sturm pioneers or obers cost efficient. Panzerfusiliers are the only doctrinal okw unit I'd call cost effective.

They do have that KT though, which alone might be reason enough for okw to not have easier fuel access.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment