Login

russian armor

Blueprints for making OKW balance possible.

6 Mar 2017, 11:35 AM

Reduce T1 FRP to 200 mp and/or allow any Truck HQ to become a FRP after it is research. (Designating an allied HQ as a retreat point would be lovely for all factions in the game IMO.)

Stopped to read here. You have no idea how FRPs are treated by the community, haven't you?
6 Mar 2017, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2017, 11:35 AMHater

Stopped to read here. You have no idea how FRPs are treated by the community, haven't you?

Oh I am well aware of how they are treated. ;) I'm not a great fan of FRPs personally, but I do think they could be worked with.

I am more than willing to work with ideas I don't personally like if I think it might stimulate more dynamic gameplay or spur decent discussion about the mechanic. Personally I think there should be no FRPs in the game, but I don't see that happening. I think it's worth seeing what adjustments or changes could be made and if it reveals anything other than FRPs being a currently poorly implemented mechanic.

But I do think it'd be good for players to designate allied HQs as a retreat point, especially for things like 3v3s on 4v4 maps.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2017, 08:57 AMAradan
This eliminates all the disadvantages, what OKW have and make them flawless. And also makes Ost useless (MG from start, Obers with 2xshreck, halftruck).

Obers in T1 :hansGASM:
Volks with StG44+MP40 :hansWUT:

I will love play this design, but who will play for allies again this?

Yes, it does eliminate disadvantages from OKW. However, Obers would essentially be Stormtroopers in performance in this scenario.

My hope is the strength of HMG42s, Gren LMG42s, and Panzergren StGs stand on their own well enough. Also, the PAK. Also the 222. Plus StuGs. And the Sniper.

My goal is to get OKW back to a resource starved faction through expensive upgrades and abilities.

I think it's also worth noting that this 250 HT/MortarHT wouldn't be a reinforcing halftrack. It'd be more like an unarmed or clone of the Soviet M3 Scout Car.

I like your MG34/raketen requirement idea, but I think you mean Pak 38 and not Pak 39.

I also suggest a smoke ability be added to leig instead of the sturms.

I do mean the Pak38, thanks for the correction.

I am also suggesting a leig smoke ability in addition in this. I've already made that for a mod before so I'd just harvest that.

Interesting, but i see some design problems:
1. If SdKfz 250 will be added to the OKW, it need to add all OKW camoflages to it's model.
2. Second problem (if this unit going to have MG 34/42 before Mortar upgrade) - MG going to fly over the model, because there is no mount for it.
3. Pak 39 (idk what is it, have found information only about capture russisn 76mm guns) require a new model.
I am sorry, but Relic is lazy in creating of new models. They even choose to use old M5 HT(because it has M45 turret in the model) for USF instead of upgrade new M3 HT, and add to it this M45 turret.

Yeah the skin issue is a real one, and probably what will kill this idea in the hangar. Although since the unit already exists for Ostheer, I can't imagine it's impossible, or even hard.

I am envisioning a clone of the 250 that has no weapon. If I can manage it I want see if I can have a gunner only when its garrisoned with a squad. I've had similar ambitions with the Soviet M3 Scout Car.

And yeah, I meant the Pak38. Pak39 is typo.
6 Mar 2017, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2017, 05:57 AMNano

- Make the Flak Half track set up time 0, like every other team.

Agreed. ;)

- Give field gun smoke shells to help clear out garisons.

Agreed. ;)
- Fix the stormtropper accuracy on SturmPios with SHreks (or allow 2 upgrade like Panzer Grens).

Possibly. I still think Obers are the natural fit for Schrecks. I could work with that idea though, especially if Obers end up remaining in T3.

- Balance the Panzer 2 so it's viable against Stuart/AEC/T70 like every other light tank.

This is actually the most challenging idea. AEC is pretty much a Puma, the T70 is closer to the Luchs, and the Stuart kind of occupies both roles. WBP is going to change all their performances to levels that will be hard to predict once/if they hit live.

There was a reason vCoH had a 2cm Puma that upgraded into an AT role. :p The Luchs can't really do the same so it really is just a mobile AI unit. At best it could be made to 50/50 against T70s. The AEC is just designed to kill light vehicles, and the Stuart being killed by the Luchs would cripple USF captain tier and gives the Luchs incredible field presence on USF.

I think the T70 and Luchs should be rather equivalent, but this is why I think it's important for the Luchs and Puma to be together in a tier. The Puma should always beat a Stuart and 50/50 with AECs. I really don't know what the landscape of LVs are going to look like after WBP hits though.

And a maybe would be to improve the moving accuracy of the P4, it can't hit anything if it isn't sitting perfectly still.

True. It might be worth it to increase its base accuracy and reducing the accuracy it gets with vet a bit. I've been using OKW P4s recently and even got some to vet 4 and 5. The get the accuracy I expect them to have at vet 0 at that point. Their routine inability to handle enemy tanks is one of the factors that led me to consider making a Stub P4.

That's it. I really feel it wouldn't be that complicated. God knows how Relic have taken so long to do some basic tweaks.

Hey, I'm all for what you've suggested. If bringing in a weaker version of Obers earlier doesn't really work, and if a 250HT or MortarHT is too much then you have some solid suggestions.
7 Mar 2017, 02:28 AM

This is actually the most challenging idea. AEC is pretty much a Puma, the T70 is closer to the Luchs, and the Stuart kind of occupies both roles. WBP is going to change all their performances to levels that will be hard to predict once/if they hit live.

There was a reason vCoH had a 2cm Puma that upgraded into an AT role. :p The Luchs can't really do the same so it really is just a mobile AI unit. At best it could be made to 50/50 against T70s. The AEC is just designed to kill light vehicles, and the Stuart being killed by the Luchs would cripple USF captain tier and gives the Luchs incredible field presence on USF.

I think the T70 and Luchs should be rather equivalent, but this is why I think it's important for the Luchs and Puma to be together in a tier. The Puma should always beat a Stuart and 50/50 with AECs. I really don't know what the landscape of LVs are going to look like after WBP hits though.

Hey, I'm all for what you've suggested. If bringing in a weaker version of Obers earlier doesn't really work, and if a 250HT or MortarHT is too much then you have some solid suggestions.

I did like your Obers suggestions.

But for the Luchs, I don't feel it has to beat a Stuart or an AEC or T70, but as it stands those units are all anti infantry and anti light vehicle. The Luchs is the only light tank that can't do anything to other light vehicles which puts it at a big disadvantage. It doesn't need to be better than them, but it should be on par at the bery least. Probably should be reassessed after winter balance patch though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
unknown 39
Germany 10
Germany 722

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %