Login

russian armor

3v3 - we are terrible. but how terrible?

4 Mar 2017, 09:33 AM

We are truly terrible at this. But how exactly? Which of our many technical, tactical and strategical mistakes are the fatal on

It goes horribly wrong very quickly. Too quickly. It is obvious that we make a lot of mistakes. But maybe someone can point out a few fundamental ones. I can probably add another replay in the near future.

Edit: It's only 15 minutes long, by the way.
4 Mar 2017, 10:52 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

We are truly terrible at this. But how? Which of our many technical, tactical and strategical mistakes are the fatal ones.

It goes horribly wrong very quickly. Too quickly. It is obvious that we make a lot of mistakes. But maybe someone can point out a few fundamental ones. I can probably add another one in the near future.

Edit: It's only 15 minutes long, by the way.

I will have a look on it today or tomorrow.
5 Mar 2017, 21:14 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

A) Docs:

Soviet+ Usa is ok.

For brits: Change the advance Advanced Emplacement Regiment and get Tactical Support Regiment.

B)
Well south city and then 2 right side and only 1 left at the own fuel sucks. Thats 100% clear.

C) You can look into enemie base and search for the OKW basis. So you could know, that enemies are 2 left side.

D)--> USA don't even try to rush to the fuel 1vs2. Get the big houses right of the fuel and wait for enemie attack you. While that you can cap middle muni and middle vp.

E) You played 2vs1 right side over 12 min. And for that your side was not really save. The wehrmacht guy "raped" you both kind of alone. Reasons are:

F) The Mortarpits did not attacked the 2 Ostheer mortar, which attacked the bofors

G) Soviet had in Min 5 700 manpower! You need the ress on the field!

H) Min 15 Brit has 850, Soviet 800, USA 870 manpower. You need this on the field guys! Also surrender was not needed yet. Was still a chance that enemie are worse with their tanks maybe. So there was a chance still to win. Ofc very small but still there.

I) This map is large in 3vs3. Don't go for bofors. Go for AEC

J T70 and Stuart died for nothing. And this are your key untis at this time!

K) At USA: You can 't go from left side to complete right side. Thats not working! As you saw, when you are retread your units gonna die vs 2 okw players waiting in the middle for you.

All in all:

Bad Spawn on this map. Its very hard so.

Look more often on your manpower guys. And don't "waste" your Stuart and T70. You need this units.
And at brit: Pls don't play Advanced Emplacement Regiment. Maybe sometimes it works, but normally this doc does not work anymore. If you want to play with many emplacements then go and use the Avre doc.

7 Mar 2017, 14:04 PM

Thank you. That helps a lot (and hurts a little).

We assumed that on that map, the eastern fuel was "ours". Probably because we went for the right side the one time we won on that map when we spawned south. (I think we always have spawned south on that map, to be honest.)

In the very early game, do you recommand to rush one side (and probably the middle) with all three players or do you go 2:1 on "your" fuel and the other goes to the middle?

One mor question, I hope you don't mind. Which 3v3 maps should we veto?
7 Mar 2017, 18:05 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Thank you. That helps a lot (and hurts a little).

We assumed that on that map, the eastern fuel was "ours". Probably because we went for the right side the one time we won on that map when we spawned south. (I think we always have spawned south on that map, to be honest.)

In the very early game, do you recommand to rush one side (and probably the middle) with all three players or do you go 2:1 on "your" fuel and the other goes to the middle?

One mor question, I hope you don't mind. Which 3v3 maps should we veto?

Yeah I know, that my words can "hurt" kind of. But a "trainer" have to "hurt" ^^

In this special case you have to attack the right fuel, like you did. But after beating the 1 wehrmacht guy you had to help middle. Your usa made played whole time 1vs2.

Normally from south left fuel is your fuel ( when you guys play 4vs4 on this map)

As allies:
1.Lanzerath ambush ( unbalanced Map)
2. Port of Hamburg ( unbalanced map and no flank options)
3.Lazurfactory ( unblanced map and no flank options)
4. Montargis Region ( worse map like hell)
5. Hill 331 ( OKW with forward retread point+ Kübel will give you big problems here)

I know Resh Winter is unbalanced map as well. But the other 2 are equal/ even worser^^

But thats about you guys personal. If you like Lanerath or Port of Hamburg, then don't ban it. And ban Resh Winter
7 Mar 2017, 18:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Just a heads-up, SturmPanther (and w/o going off topic): I agree Pt of Hamburg is currently unbalanced, but surely City 17 is for 3s? I mean, you cannot be sure how the bases will work out until the game opens? I would say the same for Liennes Forest, as well as Lanzerath Ambush.
8 Mar 2017, 13:34 PM

Yeah I know, that my words can "hurt" kind of. But a "trainer" have to "hurt" ^^

In this special case you have to attack the right fuel, like you did. But after beating the 1 wehrmacht guy you had to help middle. Your usa made played whole time 1vs2.

Oh, you know. A little pain to support the learning is necessary.

Thanks again and I also pass on the gratitude from my team mates. I will probably post another replay in the near future.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★