Login

russian armor

Remove "Main Gun destroyed"

1 Mar 2017, 13:06 PM

Crushing things with comets ? are you madman ? Why would you do that when you have 70 range infantry vaporiser (20 munny phosporus). Also comet is expensive for risking it.

That is the fun part, vaporize the at gun with 20 muni phosphurektus, then proceed to crush infantry and drive away from it with your speed while shooting with laser guided accuracy at tanks etc. It is risky yeah, I might have lost a comet or two whilst doing that.
1 Mar 2017, 13:07 PM

Main gun crit on M3 and kubel :snfPeter:
2 Mar 2017, 00:38 AM

Mani gun crit at Rocket Launchers Kappa
3 Mar 2017, 09:27 AM

I agree that main gun crit has no sense, is not a calculated risk like abandoned tanks that you can lose in enemy territory, is simply 1v1, one shot and enemy is dead cause i started a good engagement but no, main gun crit and bye my tank. It's completely out from any kind of strategic logic.
3 Mar 2017, 15:17 PM

I agree that main gun crit has no sense, is not a calculated risk like abandoned tanks that you can lose in enemy territory, is simply 1v1, one shot and enemy is dead cause i started a good engagement but no, main gun crit and bye my tank. It's completely out from any kind of strategic logic.

This is really not true. Crits only appear (except from a units activated ability) after the tank's health have dropped below a threshold. Also destroyed gun is pretty benign since you can just back up. This is the RNG "tells a story" that Relic wanted to introduce, abandon vehicles is the kind that makes tournament play look silly when someone wins because a PIV gets abandoned by a single zook (or something stupid like that).

If you dive deeply and cannot pull your tank back you run the risk of not being able to finish another tank. This allows injured tanks which need to back up a chance to escape from combat by making offensive actions more risky.

Not all RNG crits are bad, not all are good.
3 Mar 2017, 15:37 PM

Main Gun Destroyed only happens when you vehicle is at Death's Door, usually it happens when you gambled it's life away, or were getting dived and killed regardless.
4 Mar 2017, 15:25 PM

This is really not true. Crits only appear (except from a units activated ability) after the tank's health have dropped below a threshold. Also destroyed gun is pretty benign since you can just back up. This is the RNG "tells a story" that Relic wanted to introduce, abandon vehicles is the kind that makes tournament play look silly when someone wins because a PIV gets abandoned by a single zook (or something stupid like that).

If you dive deeply and cannot pull your tank back you run the risk of not being able to finish another tank. This allows injured tanks which need to back up a chance to escape from combat by making offensive actions more risky.

Not all RNG crits are bad, not all are good.

My bad for this post, bad explained, i didn't want to say that abandoned had no logic, i agree with you, need to play more safe instead of push deeply with your tanks cause of abandoned tanks, but gun crit is too much. The only way to avoid this, is start the engage with alreday an hp advantage and kill the tank before your tank drop at 25% hp. But sometimes the crit happens with your defensive tanks too. A 10% healt crit chance could be better if you keep this thing up in the game, but my tanks with 23% xp inable to shoot? That can hurt a lot.
5 Mar 2017, 06:34 AM

random rng is bad so remove all the stupid rng such as vehicle abandons, weapon drops, and vehicle crits.
5 Mar 2017, 08:04 AM

If anything, I'd prefer abandon vehicle to move away from RNG and become something a player can actively force with the right conditions. A crew would only really abandon a vehicle if it were immobile or if it was completely incapable of firing in the midst of live combat.

Perhaps if a tank has less than 25% health and already has a major critical like destroyed engine, destroyed main gun or is immobilized then abilities like a snare will actively force the vehicle to be abandoned, meaning players can actually have the ability to punish those who use thingslike tanks unsupported.
aaa
5 Mar 2017, 11:33 AM

random rng is bad so remove all the stupid rng such as vehicle abandons, weapon drops, and vehicle crits.

rare case when solid player post on these forums.

My estimation is that for allied mediums MGD is way worse than any other crit.

Weapon drop only if squad gets wiped. Should be ok.

6 Mar 2017, 15:46 PM

But is fun to play with random stuff happening.This way it doesn't feel that you have the same battles.I find really bad the RNG balance,like one team(player) has more than twice bad luck than the other team(player) and that's what i have unbalanced.If WFA and UKF get repair nerf,then it will be balanced to have "main gun destroyed" for all armies.

Agreed. The other day my Panzer 4 ran into a mine and got engine destroy. He was a sitting duck and doomed of course, I very rarely see it nowadays so therefore it's ok. Like you say, these rare rng things breath extra life to ever match. I like the rng as is in the game now.
7 Mar 2017, 07:07 AM

The last thing we need is 100% linear gameplay.

And there has to be SOME threat to dissuade players from just bruteforce micro'ing tanks in absurd ways and relying on flat stat comparisons to win an engagement.
7 Mar 2017, 09:40 AM

The last thing we need is 100% linear gameplay.

And there has to be SOME threat to dissuade players from just bruteforce micro'ing tanks in absurd ways and relying on flat stat comparisons to win an engagement.

Yeah,then i wouldn't have over 1000 hours.Linear gameplay is boring.But rng shouldn't be nice with one team/player and a total asshole letting one mortar wipe 3 of your squads in a 4vs4 game.I mean,that's more than a game changer...
7 Mar 2017, 17:33 PM

Yeah,then i wouldn't have over 1000 hours.Linear gameplay is boring.But rng shouldn't be nice with one team/player and a total asshole letting one mortar wipe 3 of your squads in a 4vs4 game.I mean,that's more than a game changer...

Relic's tactical RTS games are balanced exclusively around 1vs1.

Team modes, especially 3vs3 and more, are just for fun, full of chaos and mayhem rather than strategy.
7 Mar 2017, 17:34 PM
7 Mar 2017, 21:17 PM

Relic's tactical RTS games are balanced exclusively around 1vs1.

Team modes, especially 3vs3 and more, are just for fun, full of chaos and mayhem rather than strategy.

Actually 1vs1 and 2vs2 play the same,they are based more around tactics.3vs3 and 4vs4 play kinda the same,and they are based on strategy cause you need to know which unit will give a disadvantage to the opponent.Basically in 1vs1 and 2vs2,as long as you have an mg to defend the fuel,then it matters how you move units cause of the different flanking points and so on.On 3vs3 and 4vs4 you can't really flank with infantry cause of the small maps or too open maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment