Login

russian armor

Victorious Day Art Assets

15 Mar 2017, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

The name "obersoldat" that the game uses was used as an alias of "oberschutze" only in wehrmacht. The SS used alias of "obermann". Relic used it to explicitly say that these soldiers are not ment to be thought of as SS, becouse earlier design could be understood the wrong way.
15 Mar 2017, 18:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The name "obersoldat" that the game uses was used as an alias of "oberschutze" only in wehrmacht. The SS used alias of "obermann". Relic used it to explicitly say that these soldiers are not ment to be thought of as SS, becouse earlier design could be understood the wrong way.

In the game files, they're referred to as Honor Guards, and the collar tabs are in the style of SS/SD units. Additionally, they seem to be wearing Oak Leaf camouflage. I assumed that therefore they were SS units.

Other than making units actual SS, pretty cool.

I mean, I get it and all, but the portrayal of Soviets is already a little dubious.

Sorry! I meant no offense! I'm doing all of these in my personal flavor of historical accuracy.

Now i have them, you can download full collection here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0pbppddtj4xm98z/Improved+portraits+for+EF.rar

Wow, thanks! This will be really useful. After I finish my weapon icon consistency pack, I'll get to touching my previous portraits up.
15 Mar 2017, 22:57 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2017, 18:51 PMKasarov

In the game files, they're referred to as Honor Guards, and the collar tabs are in the style of SS/SD units. Additionally, they seem to be wearing Oak Leaf camouflage. I assumed that therefore they were SS units.

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm talking about. They were branded honour guard at the beginning. Relic decided not to make them ss units after doing voice recording, graphics and implementation, so they just changed the name and cut some voice content out of the game. Still, this is a clear sign of what the final intent of developer was.

Of course, you can do what you want with your units in a mod. Even giving all of them ss insygnia.
16 Mar 2017, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2017, 18:51 PMKasarov

Sorry! I meant no offense! I'm doing all of these in my personal flavor of historical accuracy.

Oh by no means was I offended. For me, it's more of a reminder that the politics of the war can never be fully severed from the conflict, even for a video game. (And I think CoH2 more actively avoids historical accuracy for that same reason.)

I think it's just one of those aspects of WW2 games that is never an easy fit for everyone. ;)

I mean, I know depictions of the hakenkreuz are restricted in Germany, for instance. Although I'm not actually sure how runic symbols and SS symbols are addressed.
16 Mar 2017, 09:34 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Small Update! New items:

* MG-42 Summer
* MG-34 Summer

OKH had proper MG crew portraits, while OKW didn't. Changed the ammo belt on the OKH variant to better match the model. I tried to make the tunics more consistent between OKH and OKW as well -- it's supposed to mimic OKH's look with OKW fabric texture. Winter set coming soon maybe hopefully. Credit to Osinyagov for unfiltered OKH portraits.

Other items:

* Pioneer Summer/Winter taken down for reworks.

All updated on the OP as well, per usual.
18 Mar 2017, 04:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Update! New items:

* Soviet Penal Battalion

Now led by an NKVD officer for those of you who fancy a commissar in the squad. Undamaged.

* Soviet Commissar

For those that prefer their commissar on their own, now decorated with more medals. Undamaged.

* Wehrmacht Pioneers

Tunic tweaked to be more consistent with WFA. Undamaged.

* Winter Portrait for MG-42
* Winter Portrait for MG-34

* Weapon Icon Consistency Pack

PPsH:
StG44:
PTRS:
PzB39:
FmW 35:
DP-28:
MG-34:
MG-42:
G43:

A series of modified weapon icons, some minor tweaks, some major tweaks, in an attempt to make the weapon icons more to-scale with each other as well as more consistent in detail. (such as normal StG vs infrared StG) Some icons are reused or inaccurate (for flamethrowers, Relic just slapped fire in front of a DP-28; PzB39's used the same icon as the PTRS.) so I hand-made some new icons for those weapons.

All updated in the OP as well.
18 Mar 2017, 15:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2017, 04:47 AMKasarov
Update! New items:

* Soviet Penal Battalion

Now led by an NKVD officer. Undamaged.

* Soviet Commissar

Now decorated with more medals. Undamaged.

* Wehrmacht Pioneers

Tunic tweaked to be more consistent with WFA. Undamaged.

* Winter Portrait for MG-42
* Winter Portrait for MG-34

* Weapon Icon Consistency Pack

PPsH:
StG44:
PTRS:
PzB39:
FmW 35:
DP-28:
MG-34:
MG-42:
G43:

A series of modified weapon icons, some minor tweaks, some major tweaks, in an attempt to make the weapon icons more to-scale with each other as well as more consistent in detail. (such as normal StG vs infrared StG) Some icons are reused or inaccurate (for flamethrowers, Relic just slapped fire in front of a DP-28; PzB39's used the same icon as the PTRS.) so I hand-made some new icons for those weapons.

These pioneers portraits :wub:
16 Apr 2017, 08:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Small Update! New items:

*Luftwaffe Field Division, Summer

Early Luftwaffe ground forces were generally easily recognized by their feldblau uniforms until they were taken over by the Heer and absorbed into the Volksgrenadier divisions later in the war.

*Updated HMG-34, Winter

I've been slow to update recently, since I've been pooling more time into the actual mod itself.
18 Apr 2017, 17:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Didn't look at this before.

Was a mistake. Dez be neat.
20 May 2017, 18:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Update! (Finally) New items:

*Updated Combat Engineers, Grenadiers to the undamaged versions I had sitting around.

*Volksgrenadier Symbol

Based off of the Wehrmacht Wound Badge, since many Volksgrenadiers were recovering wounded.

*Luftwaffe Field Division, green collar tabs

After doing a bit more research, I came to the conclusion that green collar tabs were more common/correct.

*Axis Vehicle Crews

Big thank you to RitaRush for allowing me to use parts of her work for these guys! Designed to look as close to the base game model as possible.

Finals are over, so I'm back with a vengeance.

25 May 2017, 20:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Small Update! New items:

* German Panzergrenadiers + Panzerfusiliers

After further research, I concluded that Großdeutschland was not part of the Waffen-SS, therby removing the SS collar tabs on the Panzerfusiliers. Workmanship improved, since I had slightly higher resolution material to work with. I also added the missing gas mask drum to the Panzergrenadier portrait.

* SS-Sturmmanns

A tiny detail update, I added an Iron Cross.
29 May 2017, 21:42 PM
Donator 11

You've made some pretty nice artwork, and it's very generous of you to offer it for others to use!

Have you thought about creating a weapon icon for the ROKS-3 (the Soviet flamethrower)? Or is it pretty similar to the Flammenwerfer 35?
30 May 2017, 03:03 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You've made some pretty nice artwork, and it's very generous of you to offer it for others to use!

Have you thought about creating a weapon icon for the ROKS-3 (the Soviet flamethrower)? Or is it pretty similar to the Flammenwerfer 35?

The ROKS-2 and -3 flamethrowers were disguised to look like rifles, so the vanilla Relic icon is more or less accurate for those. The Flammenwerfer 35 was not disguised as such, and was very tubular and visibly obvious that it was a flamethrower.
30 May 2017, 07:48 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Amazing work Kasarov, keep it up!
7 Jun 2017, 18:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Small Tiny update! New item:

* Soviet Vehicle Crew

Another huge thank you goes to RitaRush (I commissioned some parts from her)! Winter portrait soon™. I'll start work on the female version as soon as I figure out what's the best way to implement gender-specific crews in the editor.
8 Jun 2017, 08:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Small Tiny update! New item:

* Soviet Vehicle Crew

Another huge thank you goes to RitaRush (I commissioned some parts from her)! Winter portrait soon™. I'll start work on the female version as soon as I figure out what's the best way to implement gender-specific crews in the editor.

It is the best portrait for soviet tank crew i ever seen. Well done! ^_^
8 Jul 2018, 19:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

These are amazing! I'm going to use the Weapon Icon Consistency Pack in my mod and will give you full credit :thumb:
9 Jul 2018, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2017, 20:04 PMKasarov

* SS-Sturmmanns

A tiny detail update, I added an Iron Cross.

If it is around the neck, it is a Ritterkreuz.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment