Login

russian armor

Victorious Day Art Assets

28 Feb 2017, 02:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Terms of Use: Go ahead and use them! I don't care! Just be sure to give credit if you do, but otherwise, do whatever you want.

Disclaimer: I feel obligated to say that the depiction of the Sig runes (SS insignia) is not a reflection of my personal political beliefs, and is displayed only for the sake of historical context and accuracy, and lastly (and most importantly) not intended to be offensive in any way, shape or form.

Soviet Combat Engineers:

Historically, STAVKA issued both shock troops and sappers body armor. Also, the insignia for Red Army sappers were crossed hatchets, and these guys needed new emblems anyway. Undamaged.

Soviet Shock Troops:

I personally think that this icon makes the shock troops look 150% more badass.

Soviet Guards Rifles:

The vanilla icons were already close in resemblance to the historical Soviet Guards insignia, so I made it even closer.

Soviet Commissar:

For those that prefer their commissar on their own, now decorated with more medals. Undamaged.

Soviet Vehicle Crew:

Another huge thank you goes to RitaRush (I commissioned some parts from her)! Winter portrait soon™. I'll start work on the female version as soon as I figure out what's the best way to implement gender-specific crews in the editor.

Wehrmacht Pioneers:

They needed a new emblem, historically, the crossed pickaxe and spade was the common engineer/pioneer/sapper insignia. Helmet and tunic tweaked to be more consistent with WFA. Undamaged.

Wehrmacht Grenadiers:

Very few generic soldiers wore a full suit of Splittertarn. Although the vanilla Panzergrenadier and Obersoldaten models are probably the best for the job, Panzerfusilier or Volksgrenadier models still look closer and more accurate without an over-reliance on the Panzergrenadier model. Undamaged.

Wehrmacht Snipers:

Snipers, on the other hand, probably had more use for a full suit of Splittertarn. Undamaged.

German Jaegers:

Jaegers were recognized by their cap badges, but you really can't pin those onto helmets.

German MG42 + MG34 Crews:

OKH had proper MG crew portraits, while OKW didn't. Helmet, tunic and ammo belt for MG-42 tweaked to be more consistent with WFA. Undamaged.

German Panzergrenadiers + Panzerfusiliers

Panzerfusiliers were in practice essentially Panzergrenadiers. Also used the full-camouflage shroud from the Stormtrooper/Vanilla Jaeger models. After all, Stormtrooper models are simply reskinned Panzergrenadiers. This gives OKW's mechanized infantry a similar but distinctively different look from their OKH counterparts. Also, the Panzergrenadiers were missing their gas mask drums in their portraits, so I took the liberty to add them as well. Undamaged.

German SS-Sturmmanns

Come on Relic, the SD weren't front line combat units. Added the SS tab collar, as a blank collar were for SD units, which were basically parallel in function to the Gestapo. Also added an Iron Cross.

Luftwaffe Field Divisions

As internal rivalry between the Luftwaffe and the Heer heated up, Göring requested several land-based Luftwaffe units to be formed. These Luftwaffe Field Divisions saw combat on the Eastern Front, but were relatively poorly prepared for land combat, and easily identified and singled out by their Luftwaffe Feldblau uniforms until they were taken over by the Heer and absorbed into the Volksgrenadier Divisions later in the war.

Volksgrenadiers:

New symbol, based off of the Wehrmacht Wound Badge, since many Volksgrenadiers were recovering wounded.

Axis Vehicle Crews

Big thank you to RitaRush for allowing me to use parts of her work for these guys!

PPsH:
StG44:
PTRS:
PzB39:
FmW 35:
DP-28:
MG-34:
MG-42:
G43:

A series of modified weapon icons, some minor tweaks, some major tweaks, in an attempt to make the weapon icons more to-scale with each other as well as more consistent in detail. (such as normal StG vs infrared StG) Some icons are reused or inaccurate (for flamethrowers, Relic just slapped fire in front of a DP-28; PzB39's used the same icon as the PTRS.) so I hand-made some new icons for those weapons.

PS: Big thank you to Osinyagov for unfiltered and undamaged Soviet + OKH portraits!

I will be constantly updating and adding new items to this thread when I have the time.
28 Feb 2017, 03:16 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As it seems that BBcode and Google Drive does not mix very well, here is the drive link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1lewU4F30kaSDZvcEtDR3ROYzA?usp=sharing

Now using Imgur so people can see from the start.
28 Feb 2017, 08:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Those look very good. Thanks for sharing!

Do you get any kind of error message when building your mod? They are not always obvious at first. It's possible that your folder structure is incorrect or that some paths are too long or contain forbidden characters. But it's hard to say without some more information!
28 Feb 2017, 08:18 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Do you get any kind of error message when building your mod?

For my custom UI icons, yes -- exit code -1, which to my understanding is a general catch-all.

However, for my edited ABP files, no. There was no error, and the mod builds just fine, but it just disappears. I haven't touched the tools and I'm not sure if they were updated between now and then (then being a month or two ago) but I could check again.

In any case if these are well-received I was going to finish my planned art assets regardless of the mod's situation. I'm quite handy at Adobe Suite and I'm sure other more skilled modders could make good use of these.
28 Feb 2017, 08:44 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2017, 08:18 AMKasarov
For my custom UI icons, yes -- exit code -1, which to my understanding is a general catch-all.

However, for my edited ABP files, no. There was no error, and the mod builds just fine, but it just disappears. I haven't touched the tools and I'm not sure if they were updated between now and then (then being a month or two ago) but I could check again.

In any case if these are well-received I was going to finish my planned art assets regardless of the mod's situation. I'm quite handy at Adobe Suite and I'm sure other more skilled modders could make good use of these.

They were indeed updated, because built mods were saving to the wrong folder - see this thread for details. So the issue with your abp files may be solved now!

As for the error code, it's true that -1 doesn't really say much. I assume you have watched eliw00d's tutorial on adding custom icons? Could you maybe post a screenshot of your folder structure in the mod builder?
28 Feb 2017, 08:47 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What do you know, one patch and everything works now, including the burn icons. I guess I can get back to work on it. /huzzah I'll still post my art assets here when I'm done with them though, naturally.

Thanks for letting me know there was an update!
28 Feb 2017, 09:04 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Good job! I like this iconshield, which you have made for shocks. I want to see it in the game, but for guard assault infantry.
Because at the moment they using Guards Rifle infantry iconshield, but have different stats. Can i put it in QoL Suggestion thread? Or you can do it by yourself ^_^
28 Feb 2017, 10:13 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Can i put it in QoL Suggestion thread?

Go ahead!
28 Feb 2017, 10:27 AM
28 Feb 2017, 11:46 AM

Looks very nice, indeed. Just 1 thing: Grenadiers is using the Volks' uniform (Which I think looks cool as hell, but I don't know... not correct gamewise though). Beside that, fantastic!‎
28 Feb 2017, 16:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Looks very nice, indeed. Just 1 thing: Grenadiers is using the Volks' uniform (Which I think looks cool as hell, but I don't know... not correct gamewise though). Beside that, fantastic!‎

Many modmakers prefer the Volksgrenadier model over vanilla Grenadiers (since it was highly uncommon for soldiers to wear a full suit of Splittertarn) so a couple of mods just ditch the vanilla model for the Volksgrenadier model.
4 Mar 2017, 12:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Update! New items:

* Moved everything to Imgur. Now you can see everything!
* Ostheer Sniper with Splittertarn added
* Ostheer Grenadier with Panzerfusilier smock added
* Ostheer Pioneers with bigger goggles added
* Standardized StG44 upgrade icon added
4 Mar 2017, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2017, 02:05 AMKasarov

Soviet Guards Rifles:

Looks like there's an question mark (?) behind the star, especially on the smaller one.
4 Mar 2017, 18:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Will be cool, if you make unique shieldsymbol for Ostheer Pioneers.
Then it can be suggested to be added to the game. Because OKW,USF and UKF engineers have unique shieldsymbols, but Eastern Engineers/Pioneers don't.

And you can use better base for eastern factions portraits. At least here is better base for some of them you can find here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/59339/recovery-of-old-commander-portrait-for-eastern-factions

Here are portraits, which you can use for your already made portraits:

If you need something else (f.e. doctrine units portraits), PM me and i will send them to you :)
4 Mar 2017, 20:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2017, 16:47 PMHater

Looks like there's an question mark (?) behind the star, especially on the smaller one.

It's supposed to be the flag/banner. Unfortunately, if I made it more obvious it was a flag, the icon gets a little messy, so I kept it more abstract.

stuff

Definitely! I was already planning on a unique Pioneer icon. I'm pretty happy with the Soviet engineer icon I made, but I haven't thought of any amazing ideas for Ostheer yet. If you have any neat ideas for one, we can discuss through PM's.

Also, those are some interesting portraits. My issue with using them is that they lack the shredded parchment edges that currently, all portraits (including UKF and WFA) use. I could probably just work around that though with a feather selection, though, but if you have versions that include the paper look around the edges that'd save some time transitioning.

Since I'm already quoting you, did you have a recovered portrait for Jaeger Light Infantry/Stormtrooper?
5 Mar 2017, 09:37 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Definitely! I was already planning on a unique Pioneer icon. I'm pretty happy with the Soviet engineer icon I made, but I haven't thought of any amazing ideas for Ostheer yet. If you have any neat ideas for one, we can discuss through PM's.

I'm sure this variant will be perfect, you can make shieldsymbol based on this emblem:

Also, those are some interesting portraits. My issue with using them is that they lack the shredded parchment edges that currently, all portraits (including UKF and WFA) use. I could probably just work around that though with a feather selection, though, but if you have versions that include the paper look around the edges that'd save some time transitioning.

This is portraits from Alpha/Beta (both were in 2013), because of that they don't have shredded parchment edges, due to different UI in the game. And, like WFA/UKF portraits, don't have any additional effects on portraits (not worn down, not decolored and without faction emblem on commanders portraits).

But yes, lack of shredded parchment edges is the only issue with them (in comparison with current eastern portraits they looks muuuch better).

Since I'm already quoting you, did you have a recovered portrait for Jaeger Light Infantry/Stormtrooper?

JLI was added much later, because of that i don't have its recovered version. But i can suggest you that (Thanks to Harold for link):

If we are talking about current stormtroopers (which used wrong portrait), you can use standart PG portrait:

But i think it (wrong portrait for stormtroopers) will be fixed in the future patches.
8 Mar 2017, 22:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm sure this variant will be perfect, you can make shieldsymbol based on this emblem:

Something like this?

Update! New items:

* Pioneer symbol
* Panzergrenadiers Summer
* Panzerfusiliers Summer
* Obersoldaten Summer

All new items updated in OP.
9 Mar 2017, 18:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Something like this?

Update! New items:

* Pioneer symbol
* Panzergrenadiers Summer
* Panzerfusiliers Summer
* Obersoldaten Summer

All new items updated in OP.

Cool! Will add it to the major QoL thread later today (i mean shieldsymbols for engineers,pioneers) :-)
15 Mar 2017, 09:21 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Now i have them, you can download full collection here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0pbppddtj4xm98z/Improved+portraits+for+EF.rar
15 Mar 2017, 13:57 PM

Other than making units actual SS, pretty cool.

I mean, I get it and all, but the portrayal of Soviets is already a little dubious.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★