Login

russian armor

2v2 USF - How to do it?

25 Feb 2017, 11:45 AM

Hi everybody. I am new to USF and I primarily play 2v2 with a friend who plays SU + he enjoys taking the t34/85 + guards commander.
I was wondering if anybody has any advice for some strategies and tips on how to play USF in general and also in combination with SU.

Do we have to play very aggresive early on? If the game goes to late and Axis heavy armor and elite units start rolling out it usually doesn't go our way.

I am really quite bad with USF so any USF related advice for 2v2 like commanders, builds, overall game strategy and how to maxmize teamwork with Soviets would be greatly appreciated.
25 Feb 2017, 11:54 AM

3-4 rifles + mortar + medic + captain + stuart.
Go Calliope commander, equip LMG's on all your rifles. Enjoy killing Mg's frontally and wiping inf.

On early play agressive but mind to be in green covers. after upgrading with LMGs push forward, you will beat any inf you find.

If you don't let the enemy to wipe any of your infantry squads, you will be in advantage.

Your soviet mate should cover you in AT. T85's + mark works fine (mines and Zis for mid game).
PLaying that way you force the axis to stay in a deffensive role, here is where the Calliope will end the job.

PD: Please Balance team, no fixes for calliope wiping machine? it wipes too much in the first row.
25 Feb 2017, 12:29 PM

3-4 rifles + mortar + medic + captain + stuart.
Go Calliope commander, equip LMG's on all your rifles. Enjoy killing Mg's frontally and wiping inf.

On early play agressive but mind to be in green covers. after upgrading with LMGs push forward, you will beat any inf you find.

Your soviet mate should cover you in AT. T85's + mark works fine (mines and Zis for mid game).
PLaying that way you force the axis to stay in a deffensive role, here is where the Calliope will end the job.

Very interesting idea of splitting up responsibilities into Anti-infantry and Anti-tank, we have never tried something like this. Will give it a shot.
25 Feb 2017, 13:04 PM

2v2 is Arty spam fest anyway ...
25 Feb 2017, 15:02 PM

If you don't have Calliope then I highly recommend Priest commander, he gives you mines and sandbags as well as the Arty munition sink and Priest that can help you punish blobs or smash OKW forward positions.
25 Feb 2017, 16:03 PM

If you don't have Calliope then I highly recommend Priest commander, he gives you mines and sandbags as well as the Arty munition sink and Priest that can help you punish blobs or smash OKW forward positions.

Thanks but I bought the Calliope commander when I decided to play USF. Him and the Pershing commander.
25 Feb 2017, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2017, 16:03 PMDimzid

Thanks but I bought the Calliope commander when I decided to play USF. Him and the Pershing commander.

Remember to use the Major to retreat early and often and keep up the pressure, even if these commanders offer you a lategame, you want to close out 2vs2 before arty and panzers bleed you to death or wipe your precious fully upgraded veteran riflemen squads.
25 Feb 2017, 16:45 PM

Remember to use the Major to retreat early and often and keep up the pressure, even if these commanders offer you a lategame, you want to close out 2vs2 before arty and panzers bleed you to death or wipe your precious fully upgraded veteran riflemen squads.

Yes! I have a big problem in that I never really control the early/mid game. Me and my friend both kind of sit back too much I guess.
25 Feb 2017, 17:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2017, 11:45 AMDimzid
Hi everybody. I am new to USF and I primarily play 2v2 with a friend who plays SU + he enjoys taking the t34/85 + guards commander.
I was wondering if anybody has any advice for some strategies and tips on how to play USF in general and also in combination with SU.

Do we have to play very aggresive early on? If the game goes to late and Axis heavy armor and elite units start rolling out it usually doesn't go our way.

I am really quite bad with USF so any USF related advice for 2v2 like commanders, builds, overall game strategy and how to maxmize teamwork with Soviets would be greatly appreciated.

Giving us a replay where you had problems playing together against some stronger player will surely help.

I´t always easier for us (strategists) and more helpful for you (players) when we review you a replay instaed of long theorycrafts here. We save time by giving you feedback you directly need and you will get better help because it will be aimed directly to you, instaed of general theorycraft.

Cheers
Hector
25 Feb 2017, 17:24 PM

Giving us a replay where you had problems playing together against some stronger player will surely help.
Cheers
Hector

Excellent idea. I will do this hopefully we get into a good match soon.
9 Mar 2017, 20:33 PM
Benefactor 392

2v2 is Arty spam fest anyway ...

But that is CoH2 in general.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak