Login

russian armor

[1v1] USF, Semoisky. I am "Kermit" in game.

25 Feb 2017, 11:41 AM

I am exremely angry at this one. I'm not sure where I went wrong... I feel like this person was very clearly new to the game and low skilled. I feel like I did the right things all game( besides when I suicided a unit at the end.) and he was doing completely reckless tactics and beating me
25 Feb 2017, 11:41 AM

I am "Kermit" in game
25 Feb 2017, 12:58 PM

I'll take a look and watch the replay.
25 Feb 2017, 14:01 PM

So I finished with watching the replay so here what I can say for you as a USF main:

1. Your capping order is OK but you need to learn how to shift click. To do that you simply need to hold the Shift button, then right click on the points you want to capture. This helps automate the process and you can prevent idling units which you absolutely DO NOT WANT.

2. Another thing is your WC51 use, the thing with Mechanized is you absolutely need to be point with your micro which is unfortunately not the case here. You need to put your second Rifle into your WC51 and use it to wipe any squads retreating from you or bully weapon teams that are caught in the open. You just threw it away by sending it against a garrisoned MG, didn't repair it and instead send it to it's death at the Grenadiers. It would have died a lot sooner if the faust didn't hit the ground.

3. Your Rifles should never close in the open. You will just get cut down and lose the engagement. You got lucky that the opponent was bad and let his Grens get naded to death. Number #2 rule with Rifles is "NEVER CLOSE THROUGH OPEN AREAS".

4. As USF, if you're going against MG spam, smoke before going in. Smoke denies vision and so your Rifles won't get shot at. Your Lieutenant should have smoked the Fuel point first before closing in.

5. M3 Assault Group is NEVER worth calling it in. They're just that bad.

With your opponent having uninterrupted access to his fuel and manage to disrupt yours, it's basically a GG when he got the Ostwind and you've locked in into a Commander that has no M10's(hint hint).

As a general rule, here is some tips that can be used in all maps as USF.
1. Always pair up Rifles. You should have a control group that has two Rifles going together(but not blobbed where a single MG can suppress the entire group). They can support each other if engaged and a Rifle can be used to flank another unit or have both focus fire very threatening units(Sturms).
2. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS DENY AXIS FUEL. Your late game is very weak compared to Axis unless you have a ridiculous fuel lead.
3. Smoke is your best friend against MG's.
4. Do not close in with Rifles across red/no cover if they're getting shot at.
5. Don't bash your head against an entrenched position. Flank, harass, decap other point to annoy your opponent and give you more map control.
6. Muni is more important than fuel. Yes fuel is still important, but without Muni you can't use any abilities/upgrades that make Rifles shine.

P/S: I wanted to put pics but imgur hangs on upload. Sorry bout that.

25 Feb 2017, 15:26 PM

someryguy ?

Are you happy with augusts review, or it is not enaught for you and you need review from strategist as well ?
25 Feb 2017, 15:47 PM

I am happy with it, he was helpful
25 Feb 2017, 17:00 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %