Login

russian armor

AT grenades on merged squads?

23 Feb 2017, 20:19 PM

A thing i've noticed lately while playing as the axis is this rather devastating bug/glitch or how it is properly called.

Simply said, when an Soviet AI opponent merges his conscripts with another unit(most often in my experience penals but it probably goes for other units aswell), The merged conscripts from the Original conscript squad are somehow still capable of throwing AT grenades at vehicles, crippling their engines and/or dealing damage.

I suppose this is a bug or a glitch of some sort, but it can be quite frustating to see your tank snared by a unit that doesn't have access to snares, but is capable of doing so because 1 or more members of said squad has merged conscripts in it.

Can the dev team or modmakers take a look at this and judge the results and solutions?
23 Feb 2017, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2017, 20:19 PMA table
A thing i've noticed lately while playing as the axis is this rather devastating bug/glitch or how it is properly called.

Simply said, when an Soviet AI opponent merges his conscripts with another unit(most often in my experience penals but it probably goes for other units aswell), The merged conscripts from the Original conscript squad are somehow still capable of throwing AT grenades at vehicles, crippling their engines and/or dealing damage.

I suppose this is a bug or a glitch of some sort, but it can be quite frustating to see your tank snared by a unit that doesn't have access to snares, but is capable of doing so because 1 or more members of said squad has merged conscripts in it.

Can the dev team or modmakers take a look at this and judge the results and solutions?

i play almost only soviets and i merge my squads alot. i never seen a guard squad that got conscripts members in it after a merge be able to throw an at grenade. u sure u arent talking about the satchel on penals? give us a replay please.
23 Feb 2017, 20:26 PM

it only happens when u play vs AI
23 Feb 2017, 20:31 PM

It´s known AI bug since 2013
23 Feb 2017, 20:35 PM

oh sorry it ddint saw that he was talking about AI, i never play agaist AI:P i forgot that u can even do it!
23 Feb 2017, 20:44 PM

If you can tell me what is the quickest way to reproduce the bug (i.e., I start a game in cheatmod and I get the bug trigger within 3 minutes), I could try to see if there is an easy fix for this.
23 Feb 2017, 20:47 PM

If you can tell me what is the quickest way to reproduce the bug (i.e., I start a game in cheatmod and I get the bug trigger within 3 minutes), I could try to see if there is an easy fix for this.

Go to game, play against expert AI, kill some penals while cons are nearby, while till he tech AT nades and spam him with 222´s
23 Feb 2017, 21:31 PM

Unless the Conscript Entity and not the Conscript squad have the AT grenades it's impossible.
24 Feb 2017, 20:50 PM

It should be fixed in v1.9.1. Have a go at it, and let us know if this is still an issue.
25 Feb 2017, 11:28 AM

It should be fixed in v1.9.1. Have a go at it, and let us know if this is still an issue.

In v1. 9. 2. the merged conscripts do not throw AT grenades anymore, so i consider this bug to be fixed.

(interestingly enough, weapon crews like HMG's and mortars who were merged with cons also had the abilty to throw AT grenades provided hostile vehicles were close enough. But i tested this with the patch turned off, so i assume it is fixed aswell.)
nee
6 Mar 2017, 14:32 PM

EVERY infantry unit with Merged conscripts can throw AT grenades, from Penals to AT guns. If it can be Merged, they it could be done. I've watched replays and such, they just pull them out of their arses.

Have not yet noticed this in current WBP yet, will keep an eye out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak