Login

russian armor

Are panzerfaust supposed to miss?

1 Aug 2013, 07:43 AM

It was in the last patch too...and the Beta.

That won't be hard to get you that video...I'm sure with the Dev tool you could test it out for yourself. I've seen it happen when the faust hits the very rear of the M3 mostly. Not sure if the placement causes it. I'd say it happens 1 out of 10/12 fausts to the M3.

1 Aug 2013, 07:49 AM

Another sanity check please:
What I have in my mind right now when I think of hedges is something that should not be blocking any shots.
Do you mean "a bunch of bushes" or "an area thickly overgrown with plants not accessible to any soldiers"?
1 Aug 2013, 08:00 AM

Permanently Banned
So Fausts hitting intervening objects is "minor", but AT Nades swerving like hawks over and across forests and terrain to hit a vehicle that retracts from range is seemingly OK cos its a purchased uphrade.

Good to know.

How qbout you run 1000 tests on your simulators of Faust vs M3 with units inside feom diffferent angles instead of relying on us to provide evidencemthat already has multiple testimonies.
1 Aug 2013, 09:28 AM

You could just make panzerfausts and AT nades act like the stickbombs in Coh1, that could work
1 Aug 2013, 09:40 AM
Benefactor 115

I haven't encountered it yet but if I do I'll upload the replay.
1 Aug 2013, 09:56 AM

Yeah I've got replays of the old patch, havn't encountered for the current patch as of yet. Fingers crossed it was somehow fixed but can't see anything in the patch notes! :O
1 Aug 2013, 10:57 AM
Patrion 26

Haha, why? I'd say on like all my coh2 games I saw that happening 1 or 2 times, and I don't really care about that because it happens with other things like tanks, most hedges can also block tank shells!

The Drama will start now
raw
1 Aug 2013, 11:06 AM

Can anyone just post that goddamn reply already, before the tinfoilhattery and armchair developering explodes this forum???
1 Aug 2013, 11:08 AM

What drama? Not sure if your being sarcastic or not on these forums sometimes. It really ain't a big deal when fausts hit hedges as long as you can cancel them and get your ammo back. You can foresee the potential of it to miss, however you may want to take the 25ammo risk for a favourable reward. He is right in saying it is minor.

The only major issue that stands, if it still exsits, is when an M3 takes a direct faust hit in open field and it does no damage.
1 Aug 2013, 11:18 AM
Patrion 26

What drama? Not sure if your being sarcastic or not on these forums sometimes. It really ain't a big deal when fausts hit hedges as long as you can cancel them and get your ammo back. You can foresee the potential of it to miss, however you may want to take the 25ammo risk for a favourable reward. He is right in saying it is minor.

The only major issue that stands, if it still exsits, is when an M3 takes a direct faust hit in open field and it does no damage.

Ofcourse I am sarcastic sometimes. ... Who isn`t? There will always be people to start complain about why faust hits other object while AT nade doesn`t.
As for the damage applied to the squad inside the car, yes this one is pretty annoying and lost me quite a few games
1 Aug 2013, 11:24 AM

Keep in mind you pay to get the AT Grenades upgrade. =) ... Panzerfausts require no upgrades whatsoever.

Yes. This is because Germans don't get a halftrack in tier 1. Soviets do.

You should keep in mind that with more models the chance of disruption of an AT grenade is highly unlikely, especially compared to Grenadiers. Conscripts also have unique synergy with Oorah which allows them to chase down vehicles that are reversing. The same Oorah that allows them to run around infantry crowd control. The same infantry crowd control that is less effective on them due to their model count.

Haha, why? I'd say on like all my coh2 games I saw that happening 1 or 2 times, and I don't really care about that because it happens with other things like tanks, most hedges can also block tank shells!

Also, you don't pay 25 munitions for a tank shell.
1 Aug 2013, 12:04 PM

Keep in mind that Soviet buildings are more expensive than German ones, specially tier 1.

Keep in mind that Germans have to teach Tiers before they can be build, except Tier 1
raw
1 Aug 2013, 12:39 PM

Keep in mind that Germans have to teach Tiers before they can be build, except Tier 1

The starting fuel allows both factions to build T1 at the start.
1 Aug 2013, 19:39 PM

Building first tech level immediately is not really viable for either faction. For Soviets, it can be done, but it's really dependent on what your opponent does, so it's pure luck.
1 Aug 2013, 19:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Result:

Undodgeable AT Nade.

Dodgeable Faust.
1 Aug 2013, 21:11 PM

Result:

Undodgeable AT Nade.

Dodgeable Faust.

results:

me:

on a side note. i now use pfaust as a treat and go for scout cars.
1 Aug 2013, 21:19 PM
Coder Red Badge

Had one miss today on a Scout Car in an open field, it looked like it hit but it dealt no damage.
3 Aug 2013, 23:01 PM

It shouldn't happen unless they hit shot blockers like the hedges, could you provide replays of that happening after the patch?

http://www.coh2.org/replays/6354/bugged-panzerfaust

9:40 on the right side, grenadier fires a panzerfaust at a scout car containing guards, no damage to scout car, no module damage.

On second look, the panzerfaust definitely hits the guard squad in the car.
3 Aug 2013, 23:37 PM

it happened more then few times when i was trying to faust vehicle thats out of range, whenever grens move to range and faust it sometimes it does no damage
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★