Login

russian armor

Are panzerfaust supposed to miss?

28 Jul 2013, 22:44 PM

are they?
28 Jul 2013, 23:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

They never miss but sometimes they do no damage for unknown reasons.
29 Jul 2013, 03:26 AM

i know the reason.

making me mad.
29 Jul 2013, 03:30 AM

Sometimes a panzerfaust can hit the infantry inside the half track instead of the half track itself.
ntd
29 Jul 2013, 04:01 AM
Admin Black Badge

^^ That, it's a bug
29 Jul 2013, 07:36 AM

Same thing applies to Soviet AT-nades. I've had them miss (well, twice) against scout cars. They fly up, hit the car.... aaaaannnd no damage.

Sadly no replays :(
29 Jul 2013, 10:58 AM

If have fausts hit cover if the M3 gets microed behind something during the animation, but never missed with an AT nade
29 Jul 2013, 11:08 AM

Two things can go wrong with it. Sometimes it will hit an object in the time it takes to reach the target but is within the line of fire. Hedges can often do this if the M3 just happens to fly around the corner.

Secondly, the damage isn't applied how it should be. The issue here is the Panzerfaust damaged is transfered not to the M3 scout car, but the units garrisoned within the vehicle. I have a few replays containning this bug especially and can upload them if you would like.

I can actually understand and accept the first bug. You can predict sometimes that the M3 will just get away. However the second time of bug where it hurts the unit inside is simply RNG and completely unpredictable. I had a game recently where I shot 2 fausts at an M3/flamer, both did nothing which effectively cost me the game. As a result I lost my MG42 to an engagement where if all went as should I would've of won, or at worst my opponent would get map control but not get my MG42. This is extremely frustrating.
1 of 4 Relic postsRelic 1 Aug 2013, 04:23 AM

It shouldn't happen unless they hit shot blockers like the hedges, could you provide replays of that happening after the patch?
1 Aug 2013, 04:45 AM

Permanently Banned
If Fausts are hitting "shot blockers" like hedges, then it would be an imbalance compared to AT Nades which have a parabolic trajectory and can fly over them.

2 of 4 Relic postsRelic 1 Aug 2013, 05:43 AM

If Fausts are hitting "shot blockers" like hedges, then it would be an imbalance compared to AT Nades which have a parabolic trajectory and can fly over them.

Keep in mind you pay to get the AT Grenades upgrade. =) ... Panzerfausts require no upgrades whatsoever.
1 Aug 2013, 05:55 AM

Permanently Banned
I have that in mind.

Are you saying the previous policy of Faust and AT nade equality is now abandoned?

I figure Sov starts off with a fuel surplus specifically to account for AT nade/Molotov upgrade asymmetry.

That the cost of AT nade justifies that it does not impact on hedges, whereas Fausts get nullified even though they roll a hit?

That Fausts are "intended" to miss?
1 Aug 2013, 06:18 AM

Keep in mind you pay to get the AT Grenades upgrade. =) ... Panzerfausts require no upgrades whatsoever.

Keep in mind they start with 50 fuel
1 Aug 2013, 06:22 AM

What is it with people wanting to homogenise the teams and make every unit/ability a direct mirror of the other team's?
1 Aug 2013, 06:36 AM
Patrion 26

Keep in mind Russia had a lot of fuel..... ( historical accuracy) =)
1 Aug 2013, 06:50 AM

relic damage control

God dammit, just fix it. grrr

The amount of times i've had to say 'gg' because i thought my panzerfaust would disable the scoutcar is horrible
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 1 Aug 2013, 07:07 AM

Keep in mind they start with 50 fuel

Keep in mind that Soviet buildings are more expensive than German ones, specially tier 1.

relic damage control

God dammit, just fix it. grrr

The amount of times i've had to say 'gg' because i thought my panzerfaust would disable the scoutcar is horrible

I never said that the panzerfaust hitting units inside of the m3a1 wasn't a bug, that is why I asked for the replay of that happening after the patch.

I have that in mind.

Are you saying the previous policy of Faust and AT nade equality is now abandoned?

I figure Sov starts off with a fuel surplus specifically to account for AT nade/Molotov upgrade asymmetry.

That the cost of AT nade justifies that it does not impact on hedges, whereas Fausts get nullified even though they roll a hit?

That Fausts are "intended" to miss?

Like I said before, I never said that the panzerfaust dealing damage to units inside of the m3a1 instead of the m3a1 itself wasn't a bug, but the reason why soviets start with more fuel is to compensate for the fact that their buildings are more expensive, just compare the price of tier 1 german and tier 1 soviet, on both factions you start with just a little bit more than enough resources to get your first building ... About the panzerfaust hitting hedges, I think that is pretty minor.

1 Aug 2013, 07:27 AM
Patrion 26

About the panzerfaust hitting hedges, I think that is pretty minor.

Oh boy, you shouldn't have said something like this here =)
1 Aug 2013, 07:36 AM

Theoretically, the Soviets don't even need to build a building or farm anything other than munitions to gain an AT solution...and one that doesn't spontaneously do 0 damage for some reason often ending the game.

This is what the original topic was about. Who cares about hitting hedges. The faust will sometimes do 0 damage to an M3. Please just simply acknowledge that this is a mistake for the sake of everyone else's sanity.
4 of 4 Relic postsRelic 1 Aug 2013, 07:38 AM

Oh boy, you shouldn't have said something like this here =)

Haha, why? I'd say on like all my coh2 games I saw that happening 1 or 2 times, and I don't really care about that because it happens with other things like tanks, most hedges can also block tank shells!

Theoretically, the Soviets don't even need to build a building or farm anything other than munitions to gain an AT solution...and one that doesn't spontaneously do 0 damage for some reason often ending the game.

This is what the original topic was about. Who cares about hitting hedges. The faust will sometimes do 0 damage to an M3. Please just simply acknowledge that this is a mistake for the sake of everyone else's sanity.

I do agree it is a mistake if it deals 0 damage against the m3a1, that is why I asked for a replay of that happening after this patch, that is the first thing I asked for =)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★