russian armor

OKW need a early anti MG-Spam unit.

20 Feb 2017, 10:27 AM
20 Feb 2017, 10:38 AM

here u go:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/59308/1-instant-pin-abuser
https://www.coh2.org/replay/59307/2-instant-pin-abuser

Thank,

But realy best way to deal with maxim spam, is play maxim spam. And learn what yours oponents do versus it. You learn very much. More, then from advices on forum.
Another way (not as effectively) is watching top players, but they start play more 2v2, then 1v1.
V-T
21 Feb 2017, 11:45 AM

I also fell for MG spam the other day(really there was only 2-3 maxims, and a mortar) but i blame myself. Forgot to smoke, crawl closer and nade...

But for OKW, if enemy can baselock you with maxims... Something must have gone horribly wrong in the start. OKW gets Volks straight outta T0, so by the time soviets have their first maxim out, you should have 2, almost 3 volks out if all goes well. This should make it possible to rush for fuel and points, to hasten the development of tanks, guns etc. And possibly capture key buildings with numbers. At least those with field of fire to key points.

I guess the key question here is not "what to do after enemy has locked me down with MGs" but "What to do first so that enemy can't lock me down with MGs."

Is there a possibility, to patrol with Kubel, search for enemy maxims when they're on the move, shuchminen in front of doors etc...?

Like aradan said: Everything is easier said than done, but you can try playing Soviets, and try tables turned. If you can 4/5 times lock enemy down with maxims, then there might be a slight OP issue, and you could learn how to counter Maxim spam.

Cheers.

EDIT: I also had hard time trying to think of a way how to dislodge enemy from a building with OKW. There is no easy way. It's easier to keep them off from buildings. Dominate earlygame, put a few MG-34s in buildings. It blocks them entry and ends the early maxim game. By the time he counters your MGs, you should have Luchs, or heavier stuff to play around with.
21 Feb 2017, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2017, 11:45 AMV-T
I also fell for MG spam the other day(really there was only 2-3 maxims, and a mortar) but i blame myself. Forgot to smoke, crawl closer and nade...

But for OKW, if enemy can baselock you with maxims... Something must have gone horribly wrong in the start. OKW gets Volks straight outta T0, so by the time soviets have their first maxim out, you should have 2, almost 3 volks out if all goes well. This should make it possible to rush for fuel and points, to hasten the development of tanks, guns etc. And possibly capture key buildings with numbers. At least those with field of fire to key points.

I guess the key question here is not "what to do after enemy has locked me down with MGs" but "What to do first so that enemy can't lock me down with MGs."

Is there a possibility, to patrol with Kubel, search for enemy maxims when they're on the move, shuchminen in front of doors etc...?

Like aradan said: Everything is easier said than done, but you can try playing Soviets, and try tables turned. If you can 4/5 times lock enemy down with maxims, then there might be a slight OP issue, and you could learn how to counter Maxim spam.

Cheers.

EDIT: I also had hard time trying to think of a way how to dislodge enemy from a building with OKW. There is no easy way. It's easier to keep them off from buildings. Dominate earlygame, put a few MG-34s in buildings. It blocks them entry and ends the early maxim game. By the time he counters your MGs, you should have Luchs, or heavier stuff to play around with.

u can look my replays and tell me what did i wrong.
there are many maps which allows faction with mgs to dominate early wide areas (many houses, hose-maps, no many flankable ways)

V-T
21 Feb 2017, 12:39 PM

Heh, i have downtime at work --> i can lurk the forums, but can't play or review, sorry :D
21 Feb 2017, 12:55 PM

there are many maps which allows faction with mgs to dominate early wide areas (many houses, hose-maps, no many flankable ways)

You must stay in the houses and not unnecessarily flee back (2-3 min on right side of map). You build T2 too soon, without having to have enough units in field. You just retreated on one wing and the rest of the maps ignored.
But I do not understand 1v1 too much. Replays are 4x time downloaded (2x from me), so do not expect much help.
My advice remains, play maxim spam and learn from opponents.

21 Feb 2017, 16:37 PM

I struggle against maxim spam with okw as well. On the Road to Kharkov game I think you tech up too quickly, needed one more volk at least before tech. Also the med truck is placed right in front of two garrisons where it can be attacked from. I try to use the Kuebel more aggressively very early on to scout and distract until you can somewhat stabilize an area. Also you'll see the maxim and know that there will be more. Try to wire off entrances to garrisons on maps like Faymonville, Kharkov... But again, easier said than done, you're right that OKW is in a bad spot against MG spam.
21 Feb 2017, 23:47 PM

Yes you are right. I feel the people who say that it is survivable just haven't had the situation presented to them. It's not that MG spam (either maxim or vikars) is unbeatable with OKW it's just that on certain maps the potential to abuse is huge.

All they have to do is get in key buildings before you and then you have no choice but to forfeit the area since there is no viable way to clear them out, especially if it's the British.

As I suggested earlier the only real way to deal with it at this time is to veto the maps that this can occur on.

Also, this is is compounded on higher game modes like 3v3 or 4v4 (greatly). At this time it is really just down to the map.
22 Feb 2017, 02:30 AM

I actually haven't been minding playing OKW v Soviet maxim spam recently.

It's kind of the closest thing I've come to putting together strong flanking maneuvers like you could in vCoH.

Maxim spam, especially garrisoned maxim spam, is predictable as all hell. On a number of maps you can just walk past the front lines and start back capping. I have find myself building four volks and teching entirely as a countermeasure to how the first engagements go. Either way T1 or T2 has to go up ASAP for flame nades.

Maxims don't scale and leave Soviets without vetted infantry or conscripts. If you are teching to counter maxims, you've already (most likey) played into your opponent's strategy.

The goal is to get enough fuel to go T2 and Puma. You might think Luchs, but you're not fighting Penals or Riflemen. You don't want to go for FlakHT because FlakHT. ISGs may help against the maxims, but they don't help much against the impending T70 and probably Guards. The option for walking stuka is nice too.

Also, if I do make a kubel I make absolutely sure to salvage it after its inevitable death. :P
22 Feb 2017, 09:45 AM

I actually haven't been minding playing OKW v Soviet maxim spam recently.

It's kind of the closest thing I've come to putting together strong flanking maneuvers like you could in vCoH.

Maxim spam, especially garrisoned maxim spam, is predictable as all hell. On a number of maps you can just walk past the front lines and start back capping. I have find myself building four volks and teching entirely as a countermeasure to how the first engagements go. Either way T1 or T2 has to go up ASAP for flame nades.

Maxims don't scale and leave Soviets without vetted infantry or conscripts. If you are teching to counter maxims, you've already (most likey) played into your opponent's strategy.

The goal is to get enough fuel to go T2 and Puma. You might think Luchs, but you're not fighting Penals or Riflemen. You don't want to go for FlakHT because FlakHT. ISGs may help against the maxims, but they don't help much against the impending T70 and probably Guards. The option for walking stuka is nice too.

Also, if I do make a kubel I make absolutely sure to salvage it after its inevitable death. :P

Puma for what ? AT partisans / Guards will have fun

22 Feb 2017, 09:56 AM

Maxim spam, especially garrisoned maxim spam, is predictable as all hell.

That's the problem. I've played against the same guy 9 or 10 times now, I know exactly what he will do (maxim spam) and yet I can't do shit about it. It drives me crazy.
22 Feb 2017, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2017, 09:45 AMBlalord

Puma for what ? AT partisans / Guards will have fun

T70. Use the Puma defensively. It's not an AI unit, so keep it behind the lines to prevent a t70 from running over you. It will stop the T70 from being able to chase your volks back to HQ. Unless you're able to utilize raketens and mines to good effect, there's not much OKW can do against the t70, which is why I suggest the Puma.

AT partisans might have fun, but realize that the Soviet player has absolutely no real infantry in that case.

If you lose or dont have a response to the maxims, then to the Guards, then to the T70, you've lost. You need to have a strong counter for something the Soviet is going to throw at you and the Puma is probably your best bet.

That's the problem. I've played against the same guy 9 or 10 times now, I know exactly what he will do (maxim spam) and yet I can't do shit about it. It drives me crazy.

That's frustrating on matchmaking alone. If you can, just walk around the buildings, out of range. You know his maxims are going to be in those buildings, so try and see if you can flank and back cap the cutoffs, etc. (This is entirely map dependent though.)
V-T
23 Feb 2017, 11:16 AM

You can get volks straight outta base, so rush your pioneers to one of the key buildings you know he's going to occupy. All this while training volks, to rush other buildings. After some time you can bring in your own MG-34.

It takes time for enemy to build T2 and to train first maxim, by this time you can occupy 2 maybe 3 houses. If you're lucky, before he notices you can inflict nasty losses before he reacts.
23 Feb 2017, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2017, 11:16 AMV-T
You can get volks straight outta base, so rush your pioneers to one of the key buildings you know he's going to occupy. All this while training volks, to rush other buildings. After some time you can bring in your own MG-34.

It takes time for enemy to build T2 and to train first maxim, by this time you can occupy 2 maybe 3 houses. If you're lucky, before he notices you can inflict nasty losses before he reacts.

and if he not going MG spam...i lost much time, cause i didnt cap anythink.. than her attacks whith penals and iam out^^
23 Feb 2017, 13:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

and if he not going MG spam...i lost much time, cause i didnt cap anythink.. than her attacks whith penals and iam out^^

Kubel can cap and be fast enough to support units in combat.

Biggest mistake most people do is cap early on first strategic points near base, instead of fighting for a good position. Capping can be later be done after winning an engagement or with low health squads which have to later retreat.

T1 opening:
-if he goes conscript first, he is gonna have a delay on building Penal. You can out-trade early CE + Conscript with your SP + whatever.
-if he goes Penal first, the only thing on the map is a single CE. You HAVE to force him out of the map early on.

After knowing his tech and if he goes T1, after first unit coming around you must know that a M3 could be the following unit. If you had gone Kubel then:
-Do not overextend by trying things like pushing units out of cover.
-Be ready to have your units nearby to focus fire it and/or have a escape route for your Kubel.

Vaz
23 Feb 2017, 18:47 PM

It's nice to see some good thinking in here. This strategy is annoying, but it's far from unbeatable.
24 Feb 2017, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 10:38 AMAradan

Thank,

But realy best way to deal with maxim spam, is play maxim spam. And learn what yours oponents do versus it. You learn very much. More, then from advices on forum.
Another way (not as effectively) is watching top players, but they start play more 2v2, then 1v1.

You are absolutely right:

[url=][img="http://i66.tinypic.com/15me6b9.jpg" alt=""]

rekt in 16 minutes, mvp = Maxim

Maxims are one of the worst units for scaling into the late game. I'd much rather face them than the penals/guards/T70 bs that some players do.
24 Feb 2017, 02:33 AM

You are correct it's actually hilarious you look at USF they have smokes grenades, on me cpt ability, can rush m20 and now you can get mortars. USF has a billion different approaches to countering MGs and OKW doesn't have much, you pretty much just get your ass handed by them until you get leig(hope it hits and can be counter mortared) luches or half track.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment