Login

russian armor

OKW vs USF 1on1 balance

19 Feb 2017, 22:22 PM

You need the same amount of volks squad as him(rifleman+lieutenant).I don't really rush for luch.You have 2 options...you either build mg or flak then you go for flak truck.If he has USF mortar,make ieig18.USe strategy first,then tactics.And usually stay at long range even if you have sts on volks.Afteer you have vet 4 you can go medium range
19 Feb 2017, 22:33 PM

Rifelemen and Volks trade allright since last patch Volks have their STG upgrade and are cheaper, flame granade is pretty ok. What upsets balance currently is the OP mortar followed by the OP stuart, unless we're considering double LMG rifles, which are ridiculous.
Looks like all of those concerns will be addressed in the next patch.

I think it'll be well possible to survive early game after that and the non-doctrinal late game options for OKW are still imo better than USF.
20 Feb 2017, 00:53 AM

I feel largely (when I do OKW-USF from both teams) is that the inf fight can go either way depending on cover and range. So the map is a big deal.

The t0 mortar can be a big game changer though, if you see them make one and you can't ambush it or capitalise on it's investment early it can be an issue.

Yes the Stuart vs Panzer 2 is a stupidly unfair match up. The Panzer 2 needs to be fixed or the other light vehicles need to be aligned in a similar way

The OKW t0 MGs have no business existing, they are bad at everything.
20 Feb 2017, 01:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 00:53 AMNano

The OKW t0 MGs have no business existing, they are bad at everything.

For single player against USF, I still think they are somewhat ok given price and pop cap, if the patch (mortar/penals....) holds it's ground. Not to say it is not a trash MG.
Vaz
20 Feb 2017, 01:04 AM

Nano, it sounds like you are suggesting a panzer 2 should be effective against a stuart, is that right?
20 Feb 2017, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 01:04 AMVaz
Nano, it sounds like you are suggesting a panzer 2 should be effective against a stuart, is that right?

The patch will solve this as well as the Stuart can no longer just stun and kill the luchs instantly.
20 Feb 2017, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 01:04 AMVaz

I don't feel it has to be effective but it has to be a viable choice. It has to be at least comparable which at this time it isn't.
20 Feb 2017, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2017, 01:19 AMAlphrum
for better balance, volks need to reliably beat riflemen at long range (especially with upgrades)

Thats Why Obers and Fusiliers exist : )
20 Feb 2017, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2017, 15:35 PMNubb3r

Early map control and flexibility are USF's strengths. Later on, Volks will outclass them with vet.

lmao
20 Feb 2017, 13:13 PM

Invissed a post. I understand the content of the post was meant to help, but there are better ways of communicating it.
20 Feb 2017, 19:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I think the balance patch is hitting the main issue, the Stuart, so lets look down the list.

The main problem is that USF has superior call in tanks. You have the m10 that can bail you out in the early game and counters the flakpanzer well. Then the Pershing for the late game that can fight panthers ok thanks to its good moving accuracy and shits on infantry.

Next is probably double bar riflemen. In the late game if you lose a squad of volks it is very punishing. They rely on the last 2 stages of veterancy for DPS to fight riflemen. However if you lose a rifleman and you have munitions you can just get 2 BAR and they strong right off the bat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight