russian armor

Your wishes for the Panther

17 Feb 2017, 14:44 PM

Give that long reach to a tank with that armor and speed is crazy

I think it's perfect .
17 Feb 2017, 17:03 PM

Give that long reach to a tank with that armor and speed is crazy

I think it's perfect .

Its perfect at running away. It serves no purpose what so ever. puma's stugs and jp4's outclass it in every . They dont have the staying power to the panther but death enemy's do zero damage. and 2 stugs can turn any allied tank into scrap metal under 10 seconds while the panther need a more then half a minute.
17 Feb 2017, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 17:03 PMZyllen

Its perfect at running away. It serves no purpose what so ever. puma's stugs and jp4's outclass it in every . They dont have the staying power to the panther but death enemy's do zero damage. and 2 stugs can turn any allied tank into scrap metal under 10 seconds while the panther need a more then half a minute.
And that´s why the Panther sucks. I couldn´t have worded it better myself. No purpose, it´s not even a damage sponge. The community patchers seem to avoid this thread though like the plague. I guess there is nothing planned about the Panther. -.-
17 Feb 2017, 17:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Needs to be way more accurate. It's pretty much a tank destroyer, and the one with the lowest dps in the game. For something that shoots this slow it better actually hit something or it is completely wasted.
17 Feb 2017, 18:15 PM

First allied tanks need to be brought in line, get normalised.

For example su76 needs penetration nerf so it doesn´t penetrate heavies like panther so much, comet needs AI nerf, t34/85 needs main gun against infantry nerf or increase in cost, with buffed mgs its too good. Cromwell,m10 and others need slight nerfs as well.

Then panther actually needs to hit things. Having slow main gun reload isn´t all that bad as long as you know you will penetrate in 90% of all cases (except against heaviest tanks) and actually hit target. This is panther right now lacking.

So I think panther needs acurracy buff, so it can hit even smaller vehicles at long range when standing still and then needs 0.75 acurracy debuff on the move instaed of 0.5 which is right now.

I also think that pintle hmg upgrade needs a bit love, something like small buff that will allow it to deal with infantry more efficiently, right now it feels less useful than t34/76 (85) hulled hmg.

Also tier4 needs price reduction once tier 3 is set up and vice versa so ostheer isn´t forced to play only with half of its tools.

I think for first this will be enaught, we don´t want to overbuff panther as well, if patches will work the same as right now, I think there will be lot of time to give him good place in terms of power even if these buffs alone aren´t enaught. You can always buff its RoF for example, but i dont think its the way to go, i will only homogenise things and will make him better stug
17 Feb 2017, 20:02 PM

Snip

Here here! Especially the buff to moving accuracy. The Panther needs a defined roll that differentiates itself from StuGs (turretless TD with good Penetration). IMO it should be a mobile tankhunter that can utilize its speed and turret in a way that StuG's can't - otherwise you're almost always better off going multiple StuG's and compensating by protecting your flanks with Shreks and/or Mines.

I'd also suggest something fun like giving it Combat Blitz (the OKW version that gives you improved accuracy) at Vet 0 and then giving it some other minor Vet 1 bonus in its place - maybe shifting some of its improved health/armor from Vet 2 to Vet 1 so you get it sooner?

Way I see it is you either need to buff Panther or somehow buff the T4 Teching price to make the live version of the Panther worth the cost of going for.
17 Feb 2017, 20:16 PM

The Ost Panther is in need of only a few buffs. Changes to its accuracy, maybe slightly upping its damage vs infantry in the form of MGs. If that doesn't work shift around its vet slightly to allow it to be better out of the box but scale less powerfully.

Of course, not directly related, but Comet needs a large nerf and other Allied tanks need to be examined.
17 Feb 2017, 20:34 PM

Here here! Especially the buff to moving accuracy. The Panther needs a defined roll that differentiates itself from StuGs (turretless TD with good Penetration). IMO it should be a mobile tankhunter that can utilize its speed and turret in a way that StuG's can't - otherwise you're almost always better off going multiple StuG's and compensating by protecting your flanks with Shreks and/or Mines.

I'd also suggest something fun like giving it Combat Blitz (the OKW version that gives you improved accuracy) at Vet 0 and then giving it some other minor Vet 1 bonus in its place - maybe shifting some of its improved health/armor from Vet 2 to Vet 1 so you get it sooner?

Way I see it is you either need to buff Panther or somehow buff the T4 Teching price to make the live version of the Panther worth the cost of going for.

The pintle MG on the Ost Panther does need a buff.

I got bored with playing USF or UKF and played mostly OKW and Ost this last week. The OKW Panther seems okay, but shouldn't cost more than a Comet (probably a little less). The Ost Panther was completely underwhelming. It doesn't do anything that a Stug G can't do, and costs twice as much fuel. There is nothing more annoying than diving in after a badly damaged tank and having multiple misses in a row, followed by having to retreat it (without killing the wounded tank)and take an eon to get back into battle while engineers repair it. If you spend the resources to tech T4 and get a Panther, it ought to be good for something that T3 doesn't do.

PS - current Tiger seems underwhelming also, like a really expensive damage sponge.
17 Feb 2017, 21:22 PM

Panther is good right now, but if you guys want it so bad, they could buff vet 0 and nerf all veterancies. (especially extra HP, that is ridiculous).

Like I said on the other thread, you guys really need to work on your tank skills.
17 Feb 2017, 21:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 21:22 PMzerocoh
Panther is good right now, but if you guys want it so bad, they could buff vet 0 and nerf all veterancies. (especially extra HP, that is ridiculous).

Like I said on the other thread, you guys really need to work on your tank skills.

Tell me how it is good.
17 Feb 2017, 21:50 PM

Maybe 1000hp at start and 1100hp at vet 2 and blitzkrieg for free
17 Feb 2017, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 21:42 PMTobis

Tell me how it is good.

800 hp, one of the highest armor on the game, good range, good mobility, great vet.

and 2 of them makes it very dangerous, especially with commanders like encirclement where you can just blitzkrieg and decap everything.
17 Feb 2017, 23:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Personally for me the panther is largely fine, maybe with a minor tweak. The only problem I really have is teching. My suggestions are make the panther along with the other options such as the Panzerwerfer or the Brummbär to have a tech option like the bofors or AEC in T3.
17 Feb 2017, 23:38 PM

I was just playing and I could say that panther could be 10-15 fuel cheaper.

thing is, if you over buff this unit you completely break team games.
17 Feb 2017, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 22:47 PMzerocoh

800 hp, one of the highest armor on the game, good range, good mobility, great vet.

and 2 of them makes it very dangerous, especially with commanders like encirclement where you can just blitzkrieg and decap everything.

If it cant shoot while moving, its not mobile.
18 Feb 2017, 00:38 AM

But you don't get PV in order to deal with TDs unless you have somehow a bigger economy to sustain getting several of them and then relying on swarming a position, killing one and then pulling back quickly.
PV was designed to counter heavies and outslug mediums when ONLY SU was in the game (IS2/ISU and T34s). Too many things have been released and the OH PV just lag behind. USF is basically all mediums (unless Pershing or E8) with better infantry AI units (so while you could deal with mediums, Rifles can still over run you) and UKF has OP crushwell and Comet (Relic didn't know what to really do with Churchill). Live Piats laughs at PV armor.

PV is basically there for people who can't keep their Stugs alive :P

1-Having prioritise vehicles not affecting MGs will help PV a lot.
2-Su76 should see a really slight pen nerf IMO.
3-UKF vehicle commander should be nerf along with Crushwell/Comet.
4-Either improve RoF or keep it slow RoF but make it so it has a slight higher accuracy. Problem with PV is that by having attrocious scatter, there's few chances that a miss will still hit. On the other hand, AoE could be further lowered and improve scatter so it will hit infantry at a really slow pace.

That's the whole point. Stug does everything better - cheap, strong, fast(if you can micro it correctly)

if I play USF i'll just laugh at the panther with my bazooka blob, cheap, insane rate of fire and NEVER fucking miss.

as brit, i'll just wreck shit with the never-miss ATG and OP cromwell/comets
18 Feb 2017, 05:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2017, 23:38 PMzerocoh
I was just playing and I could say that panther could be 10-15 fuel cheaper.

thing is, if you over buff this unit you completely break team games.

+1
V-T
18 Feb 2017, 07:22 AM

About the pintle MG...

Does it always target same units that the tank is targetting? Does it pin down at all?
Personally i'd prefer the pintle gunner to target flanking infantry units.
This could improve survivability against infantry on those breakthroughs and flanks.
18 Feb 2017, 07:46 AM

My wish is simple; remove the bazooka.
18 Feb 2017, 12:16 PM

First allied tanks need to be brought in line, get normalised.

For example su76 needs penetration nerf so it doesn´t penetrate heavies like panther so much, comet needs AI nerf, t34/85 needs main gun against infantry nerf or increase in cost, with buffed mgs its too good. Cromwell,m10 and others need slight nerfs as well.

Then panther actually needs to hit things. Having slow main gun reload isn´t all that bad as long as you know you will penetrate in 90% of all cases (except against heaviest tanks) and actually hit target. This is panther right now lacking.

So I think panther needs acurracy buff, so it can hit even smaller vehicles at long range when standing still and then needs 0.75 acurracy debuff on the move instaed of 0.5 which is right now.

I also think that pintle hmg upgrade needs a bit love, something like small buff that will allow it to deal with infantry more efficiently, right now it feels less useful than t34/76 (85) hulled hmg.

Also tier4 needs price reduction once tier 3 is set up and vice versa so ostheer isn´t forced to play only with half of its tools.
Just tell LELIC about this.I will support you no matter what.THey takes months to fix stuff after you give them the idea

I think for first this will be enaught, we don´t want to overbuff panther as well, if patches will work the same as right now, I think there will be lot of time to give him good place in terms of power even if these buffs alone aren´t enaught. You can always buff its RoF for example, but i dont think its the way to go, i will only homogenise things and will make him better stug
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★