Login

russian armor

A_E's 1v1 map reviews

A_E
13 Feb 2017, 19:42 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Hi all,

I recently showcased a community map Riverside on YouTube because I failed to get the King of the Hill stream interested in seeing it, and it's simply stunning, and deserves praise and the chance for iterative feedback.

The map maker was very happy with my advice and although I'm no WhiteFlash in terms of map knowledge - I have spent most of my time in this game commentating high level players playing in tournament settings. Also been involved in organising several tournaments and had to sift through a lot of feedback on what makes certain maps imba etc.

Therefore I believe I have a lot to offer a map maker that's trying to make a map that is balanced for 1v1 purposes.

If you have made a map and are looking to make it a challenger to the current tournament level roster of CoH2 maps: Crossroads, Kholodny F, Angoville, and Faymonville - ask me in this thread and I'll take a look, offer feedback, and try and organise top players to play on it where possible.

Playlist of other map reviews I've done
A_E
14 Feb 2017, 19:32 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Map Review: Riverside part B - Simen has made some excellent improvements, what next?
16 Feb 2017, 13:55 PM

Hi A_E,

nice reviews. Keep it up!

Are you interested in testing the new version of Halbe? The original was added to the game two months ago, but my map was often discussed for its, uhm, controversial design. I tried to balance a few things in the new update and would be greatfull for a detailed review.

Workshop
A_E
16 Feb 2017, 15:07 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Thanks!

I've already done a review on Caen V2 which will go live on Sunday evening, with guest commentary. In short we much preferred the earlier map and think bowing to pressure to remove a lot of red cover it takes away from the character of a very interesting map. It's awesome already imo
16 Feb 2017, 15:24 PM

Hi A_E,

nice reviews. Keep it up!

Are you interested in testing the new version of Halbe? The original was added to the game two months ago, but my map was often discussed for its, uhm, controversial design. I tried to balance a few things in the new update and would be greatfull for a detailed review.

Workshop

I like your map!
A_E
16 Feb 2017, 15:25 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I like your map!

I agreed it's awesome already.
17 Feb 2017, 02:14 AM

If you're at all interested, I'd highly value an analysis of Kolberg Outskirts.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693670934

I've recently picked up working on some maps again and made some modifications since the Map Contest.

It's hard for me to gauge high-level competitive 1v1s and the metagame since the vast majority of my 1v1s are custom matches or on LAN with friends which has a different sort of headspace than automatch.

A_E
17 Feb 2017, 18:47 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

edit: woops.
A_E
17 Feb 2017, 21:55 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Map Review of Caen with creator MonalithicBacon
18 Feb 2017, 09:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Nice project!

I don't know how you pick what map you want to review, but i just thought that i would throw this in here. I should've put this map into the last competition, but unfortunately i chose not to.

Bayeux (2)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS