Login

russian armor

Pz.Kpfw. VI - Tiger

12 Feb 2017, 16:09 PM

Bullshit. having less armor =/= having less health.

On top of that, jumping out of a tank to repair for itself FOR FREE without ever having to buy an engineer and move them is not enough?
And not to mention 1 second ignore all mines and engine damage "critical" repair for simply 10 mun

wow, so salty.

USF has no engineers (RETs are not REAL engies) and 1 second repair? stop spewing bullshit, you need at least 5 seconds to jump in and out of the tank plus another 2 to use the ability that cost 30-35 munis (this is a lot considering that USF lives on munitions). Critical repair is nowhere op as people tend to say, if you put a mine and have no fast response to it why they need to get punished?
12 Feb 2017, 16:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I have no problem getting my pios vet2.
12 Feb 2017, 16:12 PM

How you want to get pios with sweeper to vet2 at first place ?

by putting them into combat? maybe wait for them to get vet first then upgrade later, or just make another squad.

It's not like WM has manpower problems and you have at LEAST 12 minutes to vet them.
12 Feb 2017, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2017, 16:09 PMzerocoh

wow, so salty.

USF has no engineers (RETs are not REAL engies) and 1 second repair? stop spewing bullshit, you need at least 5 seconds to jump in and out of the tank plus another 2 to use the ability that cost 30-35 munis (this is a lot considering that USF lives on munitions). Critical repair is nowhere op as people tend to say, if you put a mine and have no fast response to it why they need to get punished?

salty fanboy arguing by calling others salty.

oh the irony.
12 Feb 2017, 16:25 PM

salty fanboy arguing by calling others salty.

oh the irony.

fanboy of what? lel. I don't even like USF that much.
12 Feb 2017, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2017, 16:25 PMzerocoh

fanboy of what? lel. I don't even like USF that much.

If you actually play axis and stop theorycrafting maybe your credibility will improve.
12 Feb 2017, 16:46 PM

Love the tank, really its just a beefier generlist tank like the panzer4. Its in a solid spot right now for me personally, if i had one request it be to give it 5 more sight.
12 Feb 2017, 17:18 PM

If you actually play axis and stop theorycrafting maybe your credibility will improve.

But I do play them. :unsure:
12 Feb 2017, 17:34 PM
Donator 11

it needs to be slower, more health and more AOE damage so it doesnt need a direct hit on a model for kills. That way it would be more like coh1 Tiger.
12 Feb 2017, 18:07 PM

Bullshit. having less armor =/= having less health.

On top of that, jumping out of a tank to repair for itself FOR FREE without ever having to buy an engineer and move them is not enough?
And not to mention 1 second ignore all mines and engine damage "critical" repair for simply 10 mun

I'm merely stating the real armor ammounts of both units.
Superglue will get nerfed next patch, and you still want a RE echelon as a builder/sweeper, they can help repair too.
12 Feb 2017, 21:11 PM

Engineer unit should gain XP From their mine
13 Feb 2017, 00:40 AM

+1

You should be punished for not having tank on the field when you take beating so enemy, who maybe lost many tools forcing your tank to fall back will have room to play without tanks and thus gain ground

Ah I see! Thank you! I agree of course :D
13 Feb 2017, 03:08 AM

No buffs are needed. DLC factions need to be brought in line with this.

Pio's to vet 2 is very doable with flames, 0% chance with sweepers. First pio's must have sweepers.
13 Feb 2017, 05:22 AM

Not as shit as Pz4, so eiher just a range or repair buff. In team games yu should just be using the elefant actually,

ACTUALLY just give a repair boost to minesweep holders so axis isnt fcked repair-wise when the enemy decides to spam mine.
13 Feb 2017, 05:24 AM

No buffs are needed. DLC factions need to be brought in line with this.

Pio's to vet 2 is very doable with flames, 0% chance with sweepers. First pio's must have sweepers.

And against current soviets as well. You don´t want to risk vet 3 grens lategame to demo spam on both flanks.

Against some meta USA commaders you can completely forget about sweepers unless you see m20 becuase they do not have any mines (calliOP commader, rifle co)
13 Feb 2017, 17:31 PM

And against current soviets as well. You don´t want to risk vet 3 grens lategame to demo spam on both flanks.

Against some meta USA commaders you can completely forget about sweepers unless you see m20 becuase they do not have any mines (calliOP commader, rifle co)

This is a fair point, against USF you can consider not going sweepers. But there is at least one commander in meta with mines on rifles so I do get a sweeper usually. To be fair I mostly play 2v2+ so I have to get a sweeper ASAP.

In any case the problem is the same, getting a sweeper means 0% chance to get vet in a realistic scenario.
13 Feb 2017, 18:54 PM
Patrion 310

What do people think about repairing giving some (small) amount of XP (along with a nerf to WFA+ factions)
13 Feb 2017, 19:01 PM

What do people think about repairing giving some (small) amount of XP (along with a nerf to WFA+ factions)

I don´t think this is a greatest idea. Player who is taking damage will be advantaged in terms of repair speed to player who is dealing damage.

For example player with tiger will be getting faster repairs while player with su85 won´t be because tiger will be hardly ever damaging tiger and so he will be just advantaged to take damage, because it will be efficient over time.

(I was taking into account that both soviet and ostheer enginners were with sweepers and thus cannot get vet normally. WFA and UKF factions are special snowflakes in terms of repairs ...)
13 Feb 2017, 20:47 PM

In my opinion the greatest shortcoming of the tiger is its poor maneuverability and sometimes unreliable accuracy. It is the slowest heavy tank, not taking elefant or king tiger into account in terms of top speed. It has 4,7 max speed, 1,5 acceleration and 1,8 deceleration. For exsample King Tiger has much lower top speed of 3,8, but it's deceleration is excactly the same as Tiger I and King Tigers acceleration is only 0,1 lower than a Tiger's. Now comparing Tiger I to IS-2, IS-2 has 1,7 acceleration and a much larger deceleration of 2,4 and a bit larger top speed. As for rotation speed, Tiger I is marginally worse than King Tiger: 24 on Tiger I VS 25 on King tiger. Again a much heavier tank can actually rotate faster than Tiger I. As for IS-2, its rotation rate is considerably larger at 32. IS-2 has a very high chance to just rotate it's very thick front armor towards a strafing enemy or just use its rotation to circumvent its slow turret rotation.

This all leads to the Tiger being much more sluggish than it perhaps should be. In some cases it does have doctrinal smoke, which costs a fair amount of munitions to use. And of course blitz, but even that only momentarily mitigates its otherwise sluggish movement. Its main gun is in line with other heavy tanks, but it sometimes misses a lot, just like Panther. So when it starts taking hits, it gives more than enough time for the enemy to hit it multiple times before it can reposition itself.
13 Feb 2017, 21:14 PM

The Tiger suffers somewhat from the fact that they deleted all the survivability buffs from vet a long time ago and instead gave it + 5 gun range with vet (10 if we ignore the +5 range the Tiger got on its stock value). While the IS-2 doesn´t suffer as much from it (it lacks in the offensive department) because it has King Tiger armor, you notice on the Tiger.

I think a vet rework for Tiger and IS-2 would be sufficient. Give the Tiger + x% armor with Vet2 and cut off some offensive capabilities that come with vet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★