Login

russian armor

What is the state of Panzer 4 on the Winter Balance Patch

10 Feb 2017, 19:14 PM

Currently there's still no update regarding the patch for Panzer 4, as the performance doesn't match up against tanks like Cromewell (340mp, 110fuel) or even Sherman (340mp,110 fuel) against a Panzer 4 (350mp, 125 fuel).

Will there be any update changes on this unit?
10 Feb 2017, 19:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

WBP made by community balance team, but they have limited area of changes (iow "Scope"). Balance changes of medium tanks are out of scope and can't be implemented during this patch.
But it doesn't mean, that they won't be changed during patches after WBP.
10 Feb 2017, 19:18 PM

Well, what is more, Cromwell and Sherman have better combat stats in almost every case, not only cost effectivnes
10 Feb 2017, 19:19 PM

Maybe next patch.
10 Feb 2017, 19:29 PM

The modders can't be blamed. When Relic allows it, they can alter tanks.
10 Feb 2017, 19:51 PM

10 Feb 2017, 21:07 PM

I think P4 is fine. Other mediums are those whitch overperform. If we buff everything to comet and cromwell level, then infantry will extint past 15 minute mark or we will only see pak-walls because of how powerful tanks and fear from them would be.

10 Feb 2017, 21:28 PM

I really wish Cromwells would get nerfed this patch. I agree with Hector though, PIV is fine it's the damn Cromwell and sometimes Sherman HE that is overwhelming to Axis infantry.

One shotting full health raketens shouldn't be a thing that happens on such a frequent basis plain and simple.
10 Feb 2017, 21:44 PM

I think P4 is fine. Other mediums are those whitch overperform. If we buff everything to comet and cromwell level, then infantry will extint past 15 minute mark or we will only see pak-walls because of how powerful tanks and fear from them would be.

Nailed it. Need to adjust performance to Ost Panzer IV levels and either increase price to Ost Panzer IV level or reduce Ost Panzer IV price.
10 Feb 2017, 22:02 PM

Nailed it. Need to adjust performance to Ost Panzer IV levels and either increase price to Ost Panzer IV level or reduce Ost Panzer IV price.

Reducing performance is always better when something is clearly overperforming to its other counterparts.

By increasing price you won´t fix anything. It´s like keeping old OKW vet 5 bonuses by saying they are fine because their tanks cost 50% fuel more (they weren´t).
10 Feb 2017, 22:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reducing performance is always better when something is clearly overperforming to its other counterparts.

By increasing price you won´t fix anything. It´s like keeping old OKW vet 5 bonuses by saying they are fine because their tanks cost 50% fuel more (they weren´t).

The Cromwell is the Cromwell, and the Sherman definitely didn't need something out of all the buffs it got.
10 Feb 2017, 23:14 PM

If they don´t fix the

a) Cromwell / Panzer IV and

b) Comet / Panther matchup

by either nerfing the British vehicles or buffing the German vehicles, I´d call that a failed patch. Even more so since I read here somewhere a StuG nerf (Ausf. G) was considered.
10 Feb 2017, 23:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The modders can't be blamed. When Relic allows it, they can alter tanks.

Somehow this remind me of:

And for people complaining about Relic's way of doing things...well:
"You merely adopted the scope. I was born with Company of houses. Molded by Company of call ins. I didn't see crap RNG removed till many planes crashes on my units".
11 Feb 2017, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 22:12 PMVuther

The Cromwell is the Cromwell, and the Sherman definitely didn't need something out of all the buffs it got.

Don't forget that without the latest premium USF Commanders, the Sherman(s) is/are the USF lategame, it should be decent if it's not gonna be cheap as dirt.
11 Feb 2017, 03:53 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

P4 is how a medium tank is supposed to be, slow and sluggish, but decent at AT and AI. What needs a change is the ridiculous mobility (acceleration, turning speed) for Cromwells and M10s. Rather then bringing the P4 on their level, I'd like the opposite to happen.
11 Feb 2017, 04:59 AM

P4 is very good at his role, especially OKW one.

WM P4 with upgrade just melts any infantry near him, and the OKW gets insane with veterancy. But both perform above average if you use them right.

So it either let him stay the way it is, or just rebalance it.

If you want excellent AT just get a stug and if you want excellent AI get ostwinds.

inb4 nazi apologists going crazy.
11 Feb 2017, 06:40 AM

I'm amazed how long barrell PIV has worse penetration than Sherman

#Logic
11 Feb 2017, 08:20 AM

I'm amazed how long barrell PIV has worse penetration than Sherman

#Logic

somwhow even shorter barrel Crushwell is better Kappa
11 Feb 2017, 08:59 AM

I know. What I meant was that the Cromwell and Sherman get reduced to the Ostheer Panzer IV performance and that their prices ged either adjusted to the Ostheer Panzer IV level or the Ostheer Panzer IV price gets reduced to the Cromwell and Sherman level. Both of these changes at the same time..

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★