Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Infantry in WBP till 1.8

10 Feb 2017, 10:57 AM

Keep in mind how many Points you get in which amount of time.
Let's make a calculation.

A CoH2 commander costs 15.000 loot points (I might be wrong, I am at work, but let's assume it this way).
You need to win three games to get a crate of 500 loot points (let's also assume that you are a pretty good CoH2 player and win every single game you play; ALSO you are a unlucky mofo that never gets anything out of crates but loot points, no skins or anything).

A game takes about 40 minutes of time to finish, most games are longer, but others are much shorter.

To get 500 Loot Points it takes you:

In order to buy yourself a commander it takes you:

Keep in mind that this is just a calculation of a perfect (in terms of crate drops and wins) calculation.
If we keep it realistic and say that you really are a good player and win 3 out of 4 games:

So a very good player needs 75 hours (more than 3 days!) of consequent CoH2 gaming to get one single commander for one single faction, which is insane.

Sure, as a CoH2 veteran you get Loot from double bulletins and stuff you could salvage from the past, but a new CoH2 player has nothing to salvage and starts with 0 Loot. And since as good as all "good" commanders that are meta are not available from the start, it is hard for him to compete because he gets stomped by those "better" commanders OR maybe he thinks about that 3$ are not the world and decides to buy himself a "good" commander.

It still simply is pay to win. You either pay real money to keep yourself competitive or you pay more than 70 real hours for those 3$, which is an hourly wage (hahaha) of about 0.04$. As someone with a job, I maybe get about 5-8 hours a week to play CoH2 in the evening, so it would take me about 10 weeks or 3 months to get a commander. And from my experiences, this timespan is pretty accurate.

Let's be real though, many players will simply abandon the game. Personally I would never, EVER pay for some ingame bullshit that gives me better chances to win. I bought WFA and the Brits, that's it.

Solid Maths right there, however I still don't consider it P2W since the system is not either fork over money or die until the RNG god smiles upon you, now you sort of can grind to it, like in F2P games.

Plus you could get up to 250000 points combined from all of the recent loot point events for the Winter Balance Patch, that is, if you could have fucking downloaded it thanks to Relic's brilliant download system.
10 Feb 2017, 11:21 AM

Solid Maths right there, however I still don't consider it P2W since the system is not either fork over money or die until the RNG god smiles upon you, now you sort of can grind to it, like in F2P games.

Yeah agreed. You can buy the overpowered stuff and still lose if you really suck or get screwed over by RNG, which doesn't care if you pump 400 dollars into the game. The dlc commanders give good players an almost certain win, but give mediocre and bad players more of a chance to win.

It's still annoying though.
10 Feb 2017, 11:26 AM

Let's be children about it: two and a half years. :P

You mean Three and a half years :p
10 Feb 2017, 11:35 AM

So the Thread is about "Wehrmacht Infantry in WBP till 1.8" and 95% of the post are about the Coins / Store system ?
10 Feb 2017, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2017, 16:29 PMVipper
I am not sure why people complain so much about scope.

Sweeping changes are very difficult to get right and some times rather difficult to figure out what went wrong.

The light vehicles changes alone are enough to sift balance and may need more tweaking.

A re-balance of early infantry needs to be made at some point thou and a Tank/TD overhaul also.

First priority imo should still be veterancy abilities and bonuses.

People want everything to be fixed now. They also don't understand the iterative natural of balancing multiplayer. They think "just fix X, Y and Z and then the game will be perfect".

Plus, there is the very real concern that this will be the last balance patch for months, maybe even for they year. I think that it is reasonable concern if Relic are planning to release Dawn of War 3 this year. I imagine hat they will concentrate on Dawn of War 3 that until release, and then move on post-release support. After that, they might jump right into making an expansion.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 11:35 AMBlalord
So the Thread is about "Wehrmacht Infantry in WBP till 1.8" and 95% of the post are about the Coins / Store system ?

Such is the internet.
10 Feb 2017, 14:17 PM

People want everything to be fixed now. They also don't understand the iterative natural of balancing multiplayer. They think "just fix X, Y and Z and then the game will be perfect".

In the same vein:

A lot of people don't understand what a metagame is.

A lot of people don't understand the difference between testing to see if something functions and testing to see if something is balanced.
10 Feb 2017, 14:33 PM
Donator 11

add 5 man gren squads.. how hard can it be
10 Feb 2017, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 14:33 PMspajn
add 5 man gren squads.. how hard can it be

which would make the cons look like utter gardening pudding? sure, why not add 10 models?!?!
10 Feb 2017, 14:35 PM
Donator 11

which would make the cons look like utter gardening pudding? sure, why not add 10 models?!?!

you already got your "penals squads" who is good vs everything
10 Feb 2017, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 07:32 AMEsxile

Or you compstomp 1vs1 Easy Computer and you end the game in 10 minutes.
Or you compstomp 1vs1 Computer and you surrender at 5 minutes (but only get 1500pts)
Or you play vs a partner and you surrender every 5 minutes one after the other.

Your only limit is the amount of supply you can get every day, which I don't remember the total.

Or you use cheat commands, destroy CPU base at 5 minutes and get 2000 loot points

Costum matches have smaller loot point cap per day than automatch thought. Both have separate loot point cap
10 Feb 2017, 15:17 PM

Toning down WFA infantry is to be inline with EFA infantry is imo better solution. the longer fight last the more tactical and less rng they are.

Same goes for Axis Tanks. It the Allied tank/TDs that need to toned down and not the axis tank that need to be buffed.
10 Feb 2017, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 15:17 PMVipper
Toning down WFA infantry is to be inline with EFA infantry is imo better solution. the longer fight last the more tactical and less rng they are.

Same goes for Axis Tanks. It the Allied tank/TDs that need to toned down and not the axis tank that need to be buffed.

You are on the money!
10 Feb 2017, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2017, 15:17 PMVipper

Pretty much this. Power creep ruins the game, and indirectly leads to factions like Brits that, after the hasty post-release balancing/nerfs, are left to rely on 1-2 ridiculously cost-efficient units to not suck.
10 Feb 2017, 17:13 PM

The comparison to an mmo isn't viable. CoH is a strategy game, there the only decisive factor should be your skill. The goal of an mmo is to get better loot and abilities, so your char levels up and becomes better. It´s not always necessary to become a better player, the superior items should be enough to win vs lower level players, even if they might are better players. This holds true for an mmo, but it should not for an rts. Buyable Items, in this case commanders shouldn´t have an impact on the outcoming of the game. In a hypothetical game between two players of equal skill the player with the better commander will win. And in most cases the better commander was bought = definition of p2win. It was totally obvious before the war spoils patch and it got better but p2w is still a thing, because the effort/reward ratio is still not fair especially for new players.

At the moment Relic added the Commanders to the drop list, it took some of the MMO mechanisms.

snip

I don't really understand what you want to demonstrate. The game has been paytowin since the realize of its first DLC commander, everyone had to bought them. Even the system has improve to give you more chance to get them for free.
1- You still have a chance to drop them.
NEW: 2- You can play and collect supply and someday get them for free.

Or you can spend money.

The argument of newbies are disadvantaged is null, the game is Paytowin, if they want the commander now they buy it like you and many other did. They are DLC, new content like in any game DLCs give you more power over people not owning them.
Now we could argue that Relic could make them all free, but that a commercial decision.

10 Feb 2017, 17:38 PM

You forgot that new players will keep getting stuff like bulletins and skins so it takes even more time to buy 1 commander for 15000 points.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★