Login

russian armor

Relic Winter Balance Preview v1.8 Update

Phy
4 Feb 2017, 08:27 AM

You guys know no matter how long they delay it or iterate it would be released with some breaking bugs or broken unit eitherway.
4 Feb 2017, 09:17 AM

I'll be honest... I kinda gave up on the thought that COH2 will be as balanced as vCOH was after its final patch.

I like the idea of some of the game being handed over to the community, but only as far as match-making with modifed, and accepted rules after a community vote and top-player sign off (since top players might abuse a certain unit to get top rank)- so two types of ranked searches, one modified, and one relic-balanced, respectivly.
4 Feb 2017, 09:54 AM

reaction to latest patches

4 Feb 2017, 11:03 AM

I'll be honest... I kinda gave up on the thought that COH2 will be as balanced as vCOH was after its final patch.

I like the idea of some of the game being handed over to the community, but only as far as match-making with modifed, and accepted rules after a community vote and top-player sign off (since top players might abuse a certain unit to get top rank)- so two types of ranked searches, one modified, and one relic-balanced, respectivly.

As balanced as vCoH? :rofl:

I remember the insanely balanced strength of snipers that could cloak everywhere, PE armoured cars that snipe any inf model on max range, scout units that recon the entire map for you if you camp them behind a shotblocker, wehr stugs or PE panther spam that snipe allies at guns (the guns, not the crew :rofl: ) and allies paper tanks like no tomorrow etc etc.. axis late game in vCoH was just boring af and auto win often (2v2 speaking)

But I have to agree that it sucks hard that it literally takes half a year to release a patch that leaves insane huge issues like arty spam or UKF in general entirely untouched.

If the next patch will just be disappointing (thx to Relic) Ill switch over to Halo Wars 2 cheers
4 Feb 2017, 11:44 AM

Stop trying to get everything perfect and just patch the fucking game.

There will be no players left by the time the patch arrives.

Even if the patch were ready a week ago, there are certain scheduling conflicts within Relic (i.e., the crew that will take care of the implementation) that mean there would practically be no difference in the release date.
4 Feb 2017, 11:57 AM

can you explain to me once again? what's lelic intention in making this patch? and what's the reason for this "scope" shit?
4 Feb 2017, 12:21 PM

U cool, hahahah :D indeed!
4 Feb 2017, 12:23 PM

If Relic would implement old things again, CoH2 would have more players, I predict it. But nobody hears the tears...

What I mean? All people are missing many old things from CoH2, have a look: https://www.coh2.org/topic/59034/what-thing-that-they-patched-out-do-you-miss-the-most
4 Feb 2017, 12:25 PM

As balanced as vCoH? :rofl:

I remember the insanely balanced strength of snipers that could cloak everywhere, PE armoured cars that snipe any inf model on max range, scout units that recon the entire map for you if you camp them behind a shotblocker, wehr stugs or PE panther spam that snipe allies at guns (the guns, not the crew :rofl: ) and allies paper tanks like no tomorrow etc etc.. axis late game in vCoH was just boring af and auto win often (2v2 speaking)

But I have to agree that it sucks hard that it literally takes half a year to release a patch that leaves insane huge issues like arty spam or UKF in general entirely untouched.

If the next patch will just be disappointing (thx to Relic) Ill switch over to Halo Wars 2 cheers

please don't switch to halo wars 2.

there are better wwii rts coming out very soon like Sudden strike 4, gates of hell & soldier arena.

I'm quite surprised that people still think that game made by big company = quality.
better bet on game made by small team of developper dedicated to them like the 3 i just quoted.
4 Feb 2017, 12:31 PM

Even if the patch were ready a week ago, there are certain scheduling conflicts within Relic (i.e., the crew that will take care of the implementation) that mean there would practically be no difference in the release date.

Remember the january patch ?

January Hotfix - DELAYED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Bug Fixes :

Fixed an issue with bundle artwork not being displayed properly in the in-game store

Fixed an issue with Hill 400 not showing up in the map pool

even if it's only 2 very simple thing, it is still delayed.
Still delayed since 1 month now,

Someone here still thinking that patch will goes out in march ?

i know that people think it's a joke when some speak about the Summer winter balance patch but sadly it's what is going to happen.

Rdy to take the bet with anyone, even with Kyle from relic.
4 Feb 2017, 12:31 PM

there are better wwii rts coming out very soon like Sudden strike 4, gates of hell & soldier arena.

I'm quite surprised that people still think that game made by big company = quality.
better bet on game made by small team of developper dedicated to them like the 3 i just quoted.

But these 2 games do not have base building, so its garbage for many people (included me)
4 Feb 2017, 12:32 PM

But these 2 games do not have base building, so its garbage for many people (included me)

think these game are not made for you too,
stay on coh 2 :)
4 Feb 2017, 12:55 PM

What you mean mate?
I LOVED Halo Wars 1, because it was very enjoyable to play (story (!!!),concept, handling, control etc), and this is being said from someone who prefers micro- over macro- management RTS.
I play CoH since more than 7 years and I rly miss games like Halo Wars, so I dont wanna play it "because it is made by big company"

Totally agree :)
4 Feb 2017, 13:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's more like: big company => higher budget on marketing => higher chances of more sales => higher number of people playing

Unless there is a 2nd coming of a golden age of RTS, this is just a trending that will keep going on. RTS are not popular anymore.
4 Feb 2017, 13:39 PM

What you mean mate?
I LOVED Halo Wars 1, because it was very enjoyable to play (story (!!!),concept, handling, control etc), and this is being said from someone who prefers micro- over macro- management RTS.
I play CoH since more than 7 years and I rly miss games like Halo Wars, so I dont wanna play it "because it is made by big company"

Totally agree :)

Thank you ;)
4 Feb 2017, 16:51 PM

What you mean mate?

i loved halo wars 1.

you obviously didn't try the halo wars 2 beta, else you would understand why i tell you to stay away.

btw, please don't tell me coh2 is a base building game.
Remember USF/UKF and even the other faction, base building is not what matters.
4 Feb 2017, 20:09 PM

So when is this going to hit? People are joking about the game being dead before this patch hits, but I think they might be right lol.
5 Feb 2017, 04:13 AM

Wow.... They made the Wehrmact even more under powered.... How the hell did this happen....

I cant win as Axis at all... even when I get more kills and way more damage than my enemy.
5 Feb 2017, 11:41 AM
Patrion 14

I looking forward too:
Gates of hell
Soldier arena
Iron harvest..
I think DAW3 will be a massiv disappointment, in a market where relic has too compete with starcraft, halo wars 2 ect. Soo I think coh2 is the last company of heros game they ever will make, so the patch is important!
6 Feb 2017, 01:15 AM

The game is better off with Relic handing over development to the community, entirely, not within a "scope".

Heck Yes.
This will give me an incentive to buy skins+other shit if I know the funds go towards community Developers who put a lot of effort in, instead of Relic who put very little in.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2017, 23:15 PMaaa

Internet is the psycopaths community. I came to this conclusuon yesterday

Conclusuon?
You mean to say ONLY JUST YESTERDAY you found out the web is full of bad people?? Lol...

+1.
I have not seen 1 game with this mod on....

I kinda wish Relic would allow them to break it down and release certain things once they've been tested for a patch cycle to filter bugs. QoL and bug fixes would be nice, along with the occasional high-priority fix like the USF mortar.

Fuck oath!
Especially that mortar
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment