Login

russian armor

The Problem with CoH2’s RNG: Consistency

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
19 Feb 2019, 02:31 AM

I think RNG based penetration is the only think keep Heavy tank at bay in current game.

Based on your suggestion, the enemy could bait you active HVAP then retreat (a Panther could do this easily), and start full assault during HVAP cooldown.

A simple problem with a single solution, boost HVAP penn according to the situation. Still heavy tanks meta is kind of wonky and some fixes there could be applied later on.
20 Feb 2019, 12:14 PM

Quite a necro thread, I had only realized it when people were like " If Dawn of War 3 flops " Hah! And what a fantastic flop!

No, what makes COH2 fun is the RNG, I think in it's current state there isn't much I'd fix at all. The fix I'd make isn't even RNG based, but it's the walking stuka for OKW able to straight up delete weapon teams, buildings, and infantry a like. I'd make it so weapon teams at least get 1 model left, or at least let it deal less damage to the actual weapons as you tend to lose the team and the weapon due to the high penetration of the stuka. Plus you can counter barrage Katy's effectively cause it's pinpoint.

Stuka is something OKW do need, but I don't know if it needs to be that powerful. On the flip side, playing USF/Brit without any non-doctrinal rocket arty feels bad. You always need a soviet in a team game to do that unless you got some Priests/Calliope/Sexton/Rock Cart love going on. Allies have more options for artillery. I just have no love for how precise the stuka is in a game that has more RNG!

RNG that bad boy up!
20 Feb 2019, 15:04 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 1
United Kingdom 169
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias