Login

russian armor

Pinned Weapons Teams?

31 Jan 2017, 22:32 PM

In an HMG vs HMG fight they often pin and supress eachother. I do notice a difference when either are suppressed but for a pinned HMG squad do they get a recieve less damage bonus ? When pinned still fire seemingly at exactly the same as when they were suprsessed.What modifiers are put into place once a HMG is suppressed or pinned?
1 Feb 2017, 00:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

While suppressed: The reload time is quadrupled, accuracy is quartered, the time between bursts is quadrupled and speed is greatly reduced.

While pinned: The reload time is doubled, scatter is increased by over 3 times, accuracy is quartered, the time between bursts is doubled, and they inflict no suppression on their targets. Unlike infantry squads, shooting is not halted entirely, though weapon teams are still unable to capture while pinned. From my testing, I believe the penalties for pinning replaces the suppression ones. A pinned HMG42 definitely reloads faster than while suppressed rather than taking nearly a minute to reload if it were otherwise.

According to the Attribute Editor from the Mod Builder, the M2HB has no combat penalties from being pinned while having the usual suppression penalties. From my testing, this may very well be the case - in a 1v1, a pinned M2HB in the open is capable of suppressing an HMG42 in heavy cover (though I had the mod tools help me with neither of the two teams getting killed before the pinned M2HB had the chance to return the favor). That being said, I didn't check for sure if the M2HB being pinned causes it to lose its suppression penalties so it might be not as bad as that sounds...or it is, I dunno.
1 Feb 2017, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2017, 00:03 AMVuther
While suppressed: The reload time is quadrupled, accuracy is quartered, the time between bursts is quadrupled and speed is greatly reduced.

While pinned: The reload time is doubled, scatter is increased by over 3 times, accuracy is quartered, the time between bursts is doubled, and they inflict no suppression on their targets. Unlike infantry squads, shooting is not halted entirely, though weapon teams are still unable to capture while pinned. From my testing, I believe the penalties for pinning replaces the suppression ones. A pinned HMG42 definitely reloads faster than while suppressed rather than taking nearly a minute to reload if it were otherwise.

According to the Attribute Editor from the Mod Builder, the M2HB has no combat penalties from being pinned while having the usual suppression penalties. From my testing, this may very well be the case - in a 1v1, a pinned M2HB in the open is capable of suppressing an HMG42 in heavy cover (though I had the mod tools help me with neither of the two teams getting killed before the pinned M2HB had the chance to return the favor). That being said, I didn't check for sure if the M2HB being pinned causes it to lose its suppression penalties so it might be not as bad as that sounds...or it is, I dunno.

Interesting info, I'll test this and see if .50 cals can outduel other MGs in ideal conditions.
1 Feb 2017, 01:53 AM

Interesting info, I'll test this and see if .50 cals can outduel other MGs in ideal conditions.

.50 cals seem to also have the best dps of all hmgs, while still having pretty good suppression. One of my favorite usf units lol.
1 Feb 2017, 02:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Summon_Smith.exe

Not sure if this applies to support weapons, but isn't there a small time bonification to RA for infantry after been suppressed/pinned.
1 Feb 2017, 03:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Summon_Smith.exe

Not sure if this applies to support weapons, but isn't there a small time bonification to RA for infantry after been suppressed/pinned.

I don't know anything concrete about that, I just know being suppressed gives a bonus on that but being pinned makes it worse. Dunno if those things are mutually exclusive, stack, have a time limit, etc...
1 Feb 2017, 03:05 AM

.50 cals seem to also have the best dps of all hmgs, while still having pretty good suppression. One of my favorite usf units lol.

Yeah it's good, but the "Sweetie" from the Russian has it beat, that thing instapins.
1 Feb 2017, 10:22 AM

Yeah it's good, but the "Sweetie" from the Russian has it beat, that thing instapins.

Yeah but its doctrinal and not everyone like lend lease doctrine : P
1 Feb 2017, 12:02 PM

Thanks Vuther, I have been running some tests myself with the MG 42 and the Vickers at max range.

Even though the MG 42 has better accuracy at that distance (but not mid or close) it still loses 80% of the time. The MG 42 pins first in nearly all engagments but more often than not still loses which makes me think that pinning is a bad thing and suppression is better.

It would make sense to swap suppression and pinned as currently it makes no sense at all!
1 Feb 2017, 14:42 PM

Summon_Smith.exe

After 10 seconds of being pinned, a units RA is multiplied by 4.
1 Feb 2017, 15:03 PM

Each weapon has their separate accuracy modifiers vs suppressed/pinned units. Most weapons I've seen have -50% accuracy vs suppressed units and -90% accuracy vs pinned units, which is why pinned/suppressed squads seem more durable. The exact multiplier is particular to each weapon, and I sure hope that all weapons use the same modifiers.

Then, something along the lines of what ZombiFrancis described happens, and squads that have been "forgotten" in a pinned state for too long become easier to hit again. This multiplier is particular to each squad, and I sure hope that this modifier is equal for all squads.

1 Feb 2017, 17:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Then, something along the lines of what ZombiFrancis described happens, and squads that have been "forgotten" in a pinned state for too long become easier to hit again. This multiplier is particular to each squad, and I sure hope that this modifier is equal for all squads.

Thanks - looking at it again, I can see that clearly now. Do you know if the pinned RA modifier will override or stack with the suppressed one?
1 Feb 2017, 21:34 PM

I am fairly sure that the x4 multiplier is across the board, but I was not exhaustive in looking it up.

It's worth noting that mgs deal a lot more damage when they aren't applying suppression. Accuracy and rof becomes the mitigating factor then. So the mg that gets itself pinned first I think gets a net dps boost. But that is entirely theory and untested.

@Vuther I'm pretty certain it replaces the modifier. But again, I haven't tested that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak