Login

russian armor

how to counter. . . this?

27 Jul 2013, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned
so i have officially an archenemy. This guy beated me three times with this strat and dunno what to do. So his strats looks like this: Engi build t1. Then conscript after scout car, upgrade flame, sniper,sniper,cons guards,guards, guards, cons then go t4 for su.

In early game i have mapcontrol but those sniper will slowly drain my manpowers and take the map.Not mention he is using ppsh-s on conscript. Scout cars are useless because its get naded or killed by guards.

My succes attempts was fast p4 but i usually kamikaze it. or joint operation with pak43, p4 spam+ howitzer but i was overrunned by conscripts.
Another with halftrack and sniper inside but it destroyed with sniper too -.-'.
Last was the best with storm spam with camo upgrade and sprint using and the first unit from t2 is shrekked pggren which will destroy the clowncar.

So any 100 % succes idea? nebelwerfer?
btw i dont use strafing run. and guess it is total useless, he should retreat wih snipers.

27 Jul 2013, 20:44 PM

I think strong t2 could be an good answer. Sdkfz. 222 will counter clown car, but it gets owned by guards. Pgrens are good against them and with Panzerschreck they are useful vs. SU. Flamer-HT kills the snipers. Maybe you could spend your saved fuel later in Elephant.
I don't know if this works, this are just my first thoughts about it.
27 Jul 2013, 20:53 PM

pioneers with flame-throwers. and bunkers. bunkers on the vps or your fuel or the cut-off (your choice). get something to protect your bunkers. be it a scout car or something with anti tank . keep the pioneers near the bunkers. with the flamers. don't go for p4 go for panther. and you can also get the upgrade for the grenadiers with the rifle thing.

and don't get pgren since the snipers kill them normal grenadiers are cheaper.
27 Jul 2013, 21:14 PM

Put your units in buildings as defense against Snipers, their accuracy is much lower so this reduces the MP drain if you need to defend areas. Rush T2 for the Scout Car ASAP to counter the Flamethrower Engineers in the Scout Car. You're correct that Guards will counter the Scout Car, but the main goal is protecting your HMGs from destruction -- Guards in the Scout Car aren't a threat to HMGs.

Get a Mortar at some point around your fifth or sixth unit. So long as you protect it, it can get lucky hits on Scout Cars and tip infantry battles between Grenadiers and Guards/Conscripts in your favor. It can also get lucky in killing Snipers. Try flanking with Scout Cars at the same time as you push with infantry -- if you can sandwich a Sniper you might get a kill.

Don't attack when the Soviet player has his units concentrated, spread out yourself. If you micro Scout Cars they can kill Conscripts that are unsupported by Guards and force them away. A Flammenwerfer is also very good at this if you keep a Pioneer nearby for repairs.

Soviet players using that strategy will often have Conscripts all over unsupported with the Guards and Snipers concentrated in an area, the objective is containing the Guards/Snipers with your HMGs/Mortar/Halftrack (for reinforcement) while you use your light vehicles to support Grenadiers/Panzergrenadiers fighting isolated Conscript squads.

If you see Guards in an M3, Teller Mines, Riegel Mines, Panzerschrecks, and AT guns are the best counters. Not all at once, obviously, so you'll have to pick among these. Again, your Mortar can also be effective if it lands a good hit, but the ideal is baiting the M3 to chase one of your light vehicles over a mine.
27 Jul 2013, 21:43 PM

TBH, if you know this is coming, since you have decent map control early and he's going to be spending a lot of MP on those guards, I'd get an Ostwind first, vehicle smoke (breaks button) and some form of infantry AT to make sure the Ostwind can't get chased down by the SU-85.

If you don't know it's coming, harder to deal with.
27 Jul 2013, 21:59 PM

Permanently Banned
you guys didnot know what i saw. He blobbed 2 sniper 3 guards towards to cutoffs and with conscripts he captured the another side of the map. + su spam..
and there were lack of houses. but yeah mortal is good especially mortal halftack with flame bomb.
The fun is i had the whole map with 3 gren 2 mg 2 p4 and he came back with these blob. This was the game where i used joint operation, i thought he is noob, lets arty his base.
27 Jul 2013, 23:07 PM

If you had a replay, we could see more or less what happened.

A well played soviet sniper has no true counter in the early game, but this falls quickly once you get to T2. It sounds like you were fairly outplayed: if there weren't many houses, then it means your opponent chose where the fights would take place (given he had early advantage). He had a good army combo.
Ewo
28 Jul 2013, 00:00 AM
28 Jul 2013, 09:05 AM

just spam grenadiers with HT support near them to reinforce them
28 Jul 2013, 09:37 AM

Permanently Banned
i will try, however the problem isnot the guards cons spam, instead those damnit snipers :/
28 Jul 2013, 15:21 PM

when i deal with supported snipers. i usually use the half-track as a reinforce point. and blob too. the mg suppress the guards. keep the ht in the rear. when they are suppressed charge forward with your greens. and make the sniper retreat. and keep reinforcing those units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★